Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    timmysoft said:
    Has anyone found a good gigbag for the helix control? I’m searching!! 
    I use the same novation 25 bag, gives space for an expression pedal, cables, and a bottle of buckfast. 

Perfic. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has there been any chat on the next update anywhere? Is it going to be another 2.___ or 3? Once they add polyphonic tracking surely Helix will be close to the complete package?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has there been any chat on the next update anywhere? Is it going to be another 2.___ or 3? Once they add polyphonic tracking surely Helix will be close to the complete package?
    Soon? ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think if they had a Freeze function and perhaps enhanced the looping to allow a number of different tracks to be looped in sync with each other, it would be in a very good place. Then its the peripheral things, for example, the Big Sky Choral Reverb is amazing and no-one else to my knowledge has an alternative. Quite niche, but excellent.

With the new Meris Enzo, my H9 and the Helix, this is going to be a very versatile and inspiring set up for the forseeable future.

Soon? ;-)
    Lol

I think if they had a Freeze function and perhaps enhanced the looping to allow a number of different tracks to be looped in sync with each other, it would be in a very good place. Then its the peripheral things, for example, the Big Sky Choral Reverb is amazing and no-one else to my knowledge has an alternative. Quite niche, but excellent.

With the new Meris Enzo, my H9 and the Helix, this is going to be a very versatile and inspiring set up for the forseeable future.

A multi channel sync loop would be ace. would mean I don't need to buy an RC202 or 505 !
  • The reason for me why the multi channel looper would work is down to the very nature of what the Helix offers. Someone could easily lay down a bassline and rhythm using the effects on the Helix, and with all the possibilities of adding effects through loops, it could be excellent.

I suppose a drum machine like the Trio could also be a great addition to the Helix too.

pretty similar reasoning @hubobulous - I'm working on a live looping project with a mate, where we're bouncing between guitar/bass/synth/samples with live drums & percussion.

its still a studio venture at the moment, but when we hit some stages, the routing in helix will make it so much easier to het individual tracks to FOH!
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited September 2018
    https://youtu.be/pYDVdSYH6yU

A dude on another forum posted this video. It’s a good example of bad Helix tone coming from user error. Now imagine little stumbling blocks like this all over a signal chain and it’s why I’m still figuring little ways to make my sound better over 2 years on. It also highlights the problem with not having “true bypass” pedals in Helix because I sure as hell don’t want a 10k input when the Fuzz is turned off 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Stupid me! I've goofed and need to check something: are all the features of the full-fat Helix floor model in the Helix rack?

I bought a forumite's Helix and it's perfect, but I'm using it as the hub of my home system, and that means I really want the Helix on the desktop for frequent adjustments to signal paths. On the floor it's just too much of an a***ache to keep bending down to alter these things. And it's too much of a monster to put on the desk, and according to the L6 website, the LT floor model is hardly any smaller than the full-fat version. :(

If it's true that the Helix rack is a 1:1 of the full-fat floor model and anyone wants to swap, let me know.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28241
    I think there's a difference with the expression pedals but I can't remember what, and I don't recall it sounding mad significant.

I'd prefer a Helix Rack too... But not enough to spend out. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • goldtop said:
    Stupid me! I've goofed and need to check something: are all the features of the full-fat Helix floor model in the Helix rack?

I bought a forumite's Helix and it's perfect, but I'm using it as the hub of my home system, and that means I really want the Helix on the desktop for frequent adjustments to signal paths. On the floor it's just too much of an a***ache to keep bending down to alter these things. And it's too much of a monster to put on the desk, and according to the L6 website, the LT floor model is hardly any smaller than the full-fat version. :(

If it's true that the Helix rack is a 1:1 of the full-fat floor model and anyone wants to swap, let me know.
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-rack-vs-floorboard.1713270/
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Sporky said:
    I think there's a difference with the expression pedals but I can't remember what, and I don't recall it sounding mad significant.

I'd prefer a Helix Rack too... But not enough to spend out. 
    Insofar as the Rack/Control combo don't have a built in expression pedal.

The control has 3 expression inputs and an extra jack for an expression pedal footswitch. The Full Helix Floor unit has two expression input jacks, no expression pedal footswitch jack but does have the built-in EXP pedal which I think has a toe-switch as well?
  • goldtop said:

If you've got the full-fat floor model, just register it and you can get Helix Native at $99. Then just buy a vaguely decent interface, and you've got desk space and a virtual Helix.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks, folks. Looks like the Rack + Control is slightly more than the full-fat floor. Not that the extras (word clock, etc) are useful to me right now. Now to persuade someone to trade! ;)

@digitalscream - useful to know, but there is no computer in this setup - it all goes into an MPC Live. There is an UA Apollo and i7 Mac at work, so I may do that anyway. (Unless the Helix has to be present as a 'dongle'?)
  • Why not just use the editor?
    Because there is no computer in this setup, as mentioned above.
  • goldtop said:
    Because there is no computer in this setup, as mentioned above.
    Sorry I got confused when people were talking about Native 
  • I have both btw. The footprint of the floor isn’t much different to the footprint of the rack if I was you I would get one of these
    Avantree Adjustable Laptop Bed Table, Foldable Breakfast Tray, Portable Lap Standing Desk, Notebook Stand Reading Holder for Couch Sofa Floor Kids (Honeydew) - Standard Size https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A81FBQS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_S6oLBb9ZHZCGP
    The legs lock and they lock/tilt
    i use one on my korg to give me a bit more desk space 
    According to the Line 6 site, the Rack version's footprint is way less: 19x8.8in versus 22x11.8in, and even allowing for cables sticking out of the back I should be able to get it on the desk with a MIDI keyboard in front of it.