Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• I've heard the l2t with the firehawk and it sounded pretty convincing to me
    Paul H gigs with the helix and an L2 as a monitor and he seems pretty happy with it (granted he has skin in the game but he used to take his Soldano out all the time) hasn't for a while
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a L2T Stagesource speaker and I hook it up digitally to my pod hd500. It really does sound amazing and better when you crank it - I think that has something to do with how ears work? I've spent 3 years tweaking the sounds on the HD500 to get them how I want but it still lacks those nuances of a decent valve amp. But for the convenience of carrying your entire rig (including guitar) in one trip from the car is well worth it, and I'm always getting complements on my sound - I would NEVER go back to an analogue/valve set up. Just really hoping the Helix fills that 'nuance' gap and it is looking promising, although I'm pretty sure 95% of the audience won't notice you've just spent over a grand upgrading your gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like Anderton's delivery dates have been pushed back in line with the others, it's stating 9th October now.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I doubt I'll get mine for then. They told me the 30th, so I guess the first batch will go to the really early pre-orderers.
  • @Digital_Igloo or @Rossyamaha might be able to back this up but I have read on L6 forum that the units in the Netherlands have been patched and are boxed up ready for shipment to dealers...

Fingers Crossed
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    edited September 2015
    Patched in the software sense, or the dispatched sense?
  • patched soft/firmware-wise...

• Oh, hadn't realised we'd be getting a day one update!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    it'll all be worth it, I'm loving mine :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Oh, hadn't realised we'd be getting a day one update!

Probably more a case of the release firmware being uploaded for dispatch..

• Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379
    edited September 2015
    welshboyo said:
    @Digital_Igloo or @Rossyamaha might be able to back this up but I have read on L6 forum that the units in the Netherlands have been patched and are boxed up ready for shipment to dealers...
    I'll have confirmation later today, but from what I understand, Amsterdam units need to go to the Yamaha warehouse first, and may not get shipped out to dealers until later this week or early next week. North American units are finishing up today and might head out to dealers tomorrow.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    @Pwalo it's essentially a PA speaker but a very clever one. You have a number of I/O options but the DSP and sensors are where it gets clever. It will "know" if it's being used upright or as a monitor and adjust the eq accordingly. You also have options to use it like a full range speaker, guitar amp as well as a few other things. It's really very clever. There is an advantage to having the Helix or the HD500x as they work with the L6 link so can even cleverer.

@rossyamaha. Having trawled the bay for one, there's a few l2m models and one l2t. Can't find much info on the difference. Any idea if the m would be ok or should I be after the t?
  • lewisjenkinslewisjenkins Frets: 43
    edited September 2015
    The Helix Owners Manual is now available to download from the Line6 website:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2015
    My favourite revelations from the manual:

- Global tempo option
    - Trails option on the fx loops
    - Instrument/Line level selection for all of the outs. Very cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure it's been asked and answered already but are the effects just the same ones from the M series?
    welshboyo said:

Oh, hadn't realised we'd be getting a day one update!

Probably more a case of the release firmware being uploaded for dispatch..

@welshboyo - mine arrived a couple of days ago, it's fantastic!

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm sure it's been asked and answered already but are the effects just the same ones from the M series?
    Everything except the reverbs and some of the wah models are brand new. But even the reverbs have benefited from some additional improvements - like low and high cut, instead of the regular tone control.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Paul_C

My photoshop has arrived too
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    My favourite revelations from the manual:

- Global tempo option
    - Trails option on the fx loops
    - Instrument/Line level selection for all of the outs. Very cool.
    hmm, the only concern I have at the moment is that Volume Knob, can this be locked down parameter-wise somewhere I wonder...just thinking heat of moment gig setup don't want to be worrying about getting that level wrong as that is ultimately setting the whole rig volume....
    I trust that it will come with a huge array of presets, most of which will be of a similar volume level, followed by one that's ear-splittingly loud, which will frighten the life out of you and annoy your Mum ?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom