Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Just watched the Anderton's 'does it play nice with valve amps' video. It certainly seems to. I really can't think of a reason not to buy one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbot said:
    I don't believe for a second that anyone at line 6 is actually reading the stuff at ideascale. It's just a sophisticated spam folder to keep all the "make it double as a fax machine" bollocks out their inbox.
    Can't speak for other Line 6ers, but I personally read every single submission.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbot said:
    Some interesting things from that cheat sheet.
    Usb counts as a possible input, so you could revamp over usb?

press switch multiple times to cycle through assigned functions?
    Pressing a switch engages it; touching a switch jumps to the parameters for the assigned item. If more than one item is assigned to a switch, touching repeatedly cycles through the edit pages for all of them. Literally anything assigned to switches (amps, effects, controllers, MIDI messages, etc.) are a touch away.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited September 2015
    hugbot said:
    Some interesting things from that cheat sheet.
    Usb counts as a possible input, so you could revamp over usb?

press switch multiple times to cycle through assigned functions?
    Pressing a switch engages it; touching a switch jumps to the parameters for the assigned item. If more than one item is assigned to a switch, touching repeatedly cycles through the edit pages for all of them. Literally anything assigned to switches (amps, effects, controllers, MIDI messages, etc.) are a touch away.
    Mate, aren't you supposed to be sitting on a beach sipping from a forty-ounce staring at booty shakin' mamacita's? 
    hugbot said:
    I don't believe for a second that anyone at line 6 is actually reading the stuff at ideascale. It's just a sophisticated spam folder to keep all the "make it double as a fax machine" bollocks out their inbox.
    Can't speak for other Line 6ers, but I personally read every single submission.

Not a fax machine what I'd like to see in the Helix 2 is built in wireless so I don't have to put my G3 on the floor.

Would love to see a little power amp (power section from the DT25) for those of us that still wanted to use conventional speakers on stage. Something like the Freyette power station but maybe with the DT functions so it automatically reconfigured itself depending on the Helix patch

You guaranteed to sell at least one ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited September 2015
    Just a heads up for you helix preorder folk, that someone is selling an atomic amp in the classifieds for just £100. I believe it's a valve power amp in a cab with a speaker and it's designed to be used with modellers to offer a flat response but keep the legit valve warmth. Never used one and don't know the guy selling but thought it may be of interest to someone here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @handsomerik   - thanks for headsup on this discussion ... 

• Frikkin tempted but I'm going stereo too :(
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    What are you boys going to plug into? I've tried my previous fx units into amps, monitors, Frfr atomics, big alto PA systems etc and never been 100% happy, yet when I record into the pc then play it back through my studio monitors it sounds great. I'm sorely tempted with the Helix but it's a shitload of cash....
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    edited September 2015

Mine'll be for home so it'll be going through a set of nearfields, either a set of Yamaha HS7s, or some KRK RP6s unless there's something I don't know about either option, or a better choice turns up?

• GitarrenschlumpfGitarrenschlumpf Frets: 18
    edited September 2015
    My amplification on stage is my BlueAmps "Spark Full Stack" (2x10" active stereo FRFR + 12" subwoofer). And in the studio I use Neumann KH 120A.
  • HalikusHalikus Frets: 59
    edited September 2015
    Honestly the only feature I could use that I don't see is on board 12v/18v pedal power supply so I can just sit my pedals in a loop turn them on and forget about them.
  • Halikus said:
    Honestly the only feature I could use that I don't see is on board 12v/18v pedal power supply so I can just sit my pedals in a loop turn them on and forget about them.

That's a great idea, although probably too late to see any revision including it before a v2 in a few years!
  • Thomann (Germany) changed the date from 5.10. to 30.10..  :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Cheat Sheet is now live!

http://line6.com/data/6/0a0643391bb055fca90096a38/application/pdf/Helix Cheat Sheet - English (%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

Hopefully getting mine from Andertons on Friday....
  • Has anyone done a proper bass demo with one yet?

One of my favourite past rigs was the Bass Pod Pro XT into a dirty great Yamaha 5000S power amp

I'd love to get a new tech version of that rig. The Helix, a Matrix power amp would go great with my Bergantino cabs.

@fretmeister ; There's a Line 6 demo where all the bass sounds were recorded direct from the Helix, they sound good, but nothing really using the effects, just regular rock bass sounds.

You sound like me, looking for an excuse to buy one ;)

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    FarleyUK said:

Hopefully getting mine from Andertons on Friday....
    Let us know if you do!
  • John_A said:

@fretmeister ; There's a Line 6 demo where all the bass sounds were recorded direct from the Helix, they sound good, but nothing really using the effects, just regular rock bass sounds.

You sound like me, looking for an excuse to buy one ;)

Rock bass sounds is a great starting point!

I'll try and find the demo.

Is there a list of bass amp models?