• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    maybe they're using MyHermes ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pwalo;799726" said:
    bendeloup said:

Pwalo said:

rossyamaha said:

@Pwalo it's essentially a PA speaker but a very clever one. You have a number of I/O options but the DSP and sensors are where it gets clever. It will "know" if it's being used upright or as a monitor and adjust the eq accordingly. You also have options to use it like a full range speaker, guitar amp as well as a few other things. It's really very clever. There is an advantage to having the Helix or the HD500x as they work with the L6 link so can even cleverer.

@rossyamaha. Having trawled the bay for one, there's a few l2m models and one l2t. Can't find much info on the difference. Any idea if the m would be ok or should I be after the t?

L2T is identical to L2M apart from the fact L2T has a 2 channel analogue mixer on the side with eq and effects (to DI a mic and an acoustic). You won't need an L2T if you buy a Helix as the Helix will plug into the Line 6 link digital input which is common to both the L2T and L2M. By the way if you intend to buy either, don't buy from Thomann - I've just been refunded by them for a faulty L3T after a 5 month battle which was only brought to a conclusion when I threatened legal action. Don't get me wrong, when your purchase is not faulty they are brilliant, but if you have a fault you will be in for a world of pain to get your money back. I'm never buying from them again.

Nice one Centurion. Was the L3 faulty on arrival or did it go pop later?
    The L3t worked perfectly with my HD500, but on one of the analogue inputs it started crackling intermittently. So I sent it back. It was damaged in transit. Thomann said that was my fault for not packaging correctly (a claim I strongly refuted) and offered to charge me £250 to repair it. They eventually capitulated after hours of dialogue when I threatened legal action. They agreed to repair the speaker for free (which was a compromise I wasn't happy with but was willing to accept as I'd loss the will to live by this point). They returned it to me and it was damaged again. At this point my nappy well and truly got kicked off as their packaging was less than mine. They then agreed to a refund. Truly woeful customer service experience. If I owned Thomann and one of my customers experienced this level of incompetence, I'd be crawling to their door in sackcloth with ashes on my head begging forgiveness.
    ...needless to say I've pre-ordered my Helix from a local supplier.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    sweepy;807793" said:
    Not holding my breath, the lads at Yamaha have been a little taken aback over the level of demand, this is probably as significant a bit of kit as the Pod.
    +1. I think this is going to be a massive seller. Time will tell but potentially it's something that can be used by the pub player as well as the stadium pro, the home recording amateur and studio player. Because it looks like they've got the price and feature set right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    sweepy said:
    Not holding my breath, the lads at Yamaha have been a little taken aback over the level of demand, this is probably as significant a bit of kit as the Pod . Going to to be a good birthday for me, Helix and. Raven Mti2 in the same month :) the GAS is strong in Banbury ;)
    See, to me that just says it's bad planning. They should have an idea of the pre-order numbers per region, plus with the amount of marketing they are doing, they should have been able to manufacture enough units to cover the demand I'd have thought.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hype from sold out gear sells more gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    sweepy said:
    Not holding my breath, the lads at Yamaha have been a little taken aback over the level of demand, this is probably as significant a bit of kit as the Pod . Going to to be a good birthday for me, Helix and. Raven Mti2 in the same month :) the GAS is strong in Banbury ;)
    See, to me that just says it's bad planning. They should have an idea of the pre-order numbers per region, plus with the amount of marketing they are doing, they should have been able to manufacture enough units to cover the demand I'd have thought.

I agree with @guitarfishbay, this is great planning.
  • FarleyUK said:
    sweepy said:

I agree with @guitarfishbay, this is great planning.
    ...except that one of the advantages of going with Yamaha/L6 over Fractal is that there wasn't supposed to be a waiting list :P
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    OK, Andertons have said that they 'might' have it on Monday. Not filled with confidence that the distributors can actually ship the units in time for when I need them, so looks like I'm going to have to cancel the order.

Nice one, Yamaha / Line 6! :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    @rossyamaha

What's going on here mate, I think there's a few of us pre-order guys not feeling the love on this...

Any update from the horses mouth (not saying you are a horse LOL) rather than the dealers guessing/making things up (that's IMO of course)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    FarleyUK said:
    OK, Andertons have said that they 'might' have it on Monday. Not filled with confidence that the distributors can actually ship the units in time for when I need them, so looks like I'm going to have to cancel the order.

I don't think it's fair to blame Yamaha, Line 6, or Andertons.

The bottom line is this - even now... there hasn't been an official release date announcement. You pre-ordered with this knowledge fully downloaded and embedded in your brain. Then you sold all your stuff.

It's kind of your fault dude. I still have a pedalboard full of Boss, and will do until and probably a while after my Helix arrives.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    FarleyUK said:

The bottom line is this - even now... there hasn't been an official release date announcement. You pre-ordered with this knowledge fully downloaded and embedded in your brain. Then you sold all your stuff.

It's kind of your fault dude. I still have a pedalboard full of Boss, and will do until and probably a while after my Helix arrives.
    Er, not exactly.... I pre-ordered based on the information given to my by people in retail (which included the street date of 25th September). This gave me around a month to get it up and running before it was needed. 

But yeah, every story has two sides. I just don't feel particularly chuffed with this release though TBH!
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    got to agree with @FarleyUK though, its shit and possibly it is the shop to blame...instead of putting false hope on things by putting dates etc, why not come straight and say "we don't know" as there is no official from L6/Yam..

Luckily for me, its no real biggy, just me being the impatient bastard wanting a new toy and wanting it now....

Would have been nice to have it in place for the pre-xmas gig marathon, but looks like that won't happen and I will be using my old setup for the forseeable future..

Hell, I've even gone as far as looking at FX8......can get one of those in the 13/14th October shipment.... 
  • John_A said:
    I see they offer a 'discount on pickup'.  Might be a false economy though... as flights alone are going to cost you about £750.
    :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    edited October 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    FarleyUK said:

Wis'd.

*edit* retracted for lack of value.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Here is a funny thing....

I never actually checked the delay tap tempo when I went to see the Helix at the Yamaha store last month. I thought I did, but I must not have. And the reason I know that is because for years and years I've had a bee in my bonnet about pitchy artifacts when tap tempoing on other devices - like the Boss GT-100 for example.

... and according to the Gear Page and Line 6 staff, the Helix does the same damn thing. :))

They're looking into it though - offering a preference to make it smoothly change delay times. Good news!
  • It's interesting to compare this thread... with the good ole USA-based thread on TGP (which runs to 573 pages... much of which appears to be drivel - with people endlessly moaning about availability and discounts and 'my Guitar Center rep is the best' etc etc etc. Nearly 11,500 posts... across 573 pages... yawn!!)
  • ^ Fair point, mouth thoroughly shut now until new features are found, or they start arriving. :D
  • @guitargeek62. Truly... I wasn't having a go at anyone here!!! 

I'm impressed that if there's nothing much to say - FB members tend to say nothing... whereas on TGP it appears that waaaaay too many people like the sound of their own keyboard - and keep jibber-jabbering about nothing of any consequence.

Huzzah for the FB!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6149
    tFB Trader
    I guess ultimately these are man toys.... I.e. There is nothing life and death about delayed delivery of a guitar product..... But the mushroom behaviour (kept in the dark and fed on s**t) riles people. An update as to what the real cause for delay is would be appreciated by most because at the moment it looks like sweetwater and guitar centre have been prioritised stock wise over the UK.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com