Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Seriously, complaining about release dates being pushed back? This happens with everything. Schoolboy error on your part I'm afraid. Never sell things you need until you don't need them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Especially musical stuff!

I'd never take a guitar shops word for anything....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Yeah, selling stuff in anticipation of an unreleased product? Nah bugger it, I don't want to pile on. :))
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379
    edited October 2015
    FarleyUK said:
    "See, to me that just says it's bad planning. They should have an idea of the pre-order numbers per region, plus with the amount of marketing they are doing, they should have been able to manufacture enough units to cover the demand I'd have thought."
    I suppose if Line 6 had to have a major problem with Helix, a shortage of units due to demand is the best problem to have. There's no conspiracy; I'll freely admit we had no idea the demand would be this great. Four years of active development to make a $1500 box was a gigantic risk for us; the fact that Yamaha didn't pull the plug is a testament to how trusting and supportive they've been.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Mine will arrive when it wants too, thankfully I'm that busy with builders fitting new central heating and a bathroom, having the Helix around would frustrate the hell out of me ;), plus I've ordered a Saffire 56 and Slate Raven Mti2, so a big reorganisation is called for anyway
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    "See, to me that just says it's bad planning. They should have an idea of the pre-order numbers per region, plus with the amount of marketing they are doing, they should have been able to manufacture enough units to cover the demand I'd have thought."
    I suppose if Line 6 had to have a major problem with Helix, a shortage of units due to demand is the best problem to have. There's no conspiracy; I'll freely admit we had no idea the demand would be this great. Four years of active development to make a $1500 box was a gigantic risk for us; the fact that Yamaha didn't pull the plug is a testament to how trusting and supportive they've been.
    Well, I guess if you read TGP too much, then it's understandable that you'd think only 3 or 4 people might buy one ;)

More seriously...guitarists aren't accustomed to spending that much money on Line 6 gear, so it's a fair assumption that there might be a bit of a fight on your hands to get it accepted - at least to begin with.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Guitarists are cunts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    Guitarists are cunts.
    Given you a wisdom, but feel like I really need a 'true *sigh*' button.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Right then, apologies, probably should have followed this thread a little closer! 

We have had conformation of a small shipment on the way. There will be a bit of final QC checking and then we will work with our dealers to make sure preorders are catered for first. Not sure there will be quite enough to cover all orders though. We should (fingers crossed) have them to dealers within the next fortnight, hopefully sooner. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
    rossyamaha said: Not sure there will be quite enough to cover all orders though.
    Allowing for the fact that I let down Sheldon, taking 7 years more than I should have to make his guitar (and still having to let a friend of his finish it), I'd currently be very annoyed if I was one of the ones who had to wait for batch two. 

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    I'm thinking about cancelling my order and spending my money on cyanide pills anyway. So fuck it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Teetonetal;809714" said:
    Seriously, complaining about release dates being pushed back? This happens with everything. Schoolboy error on your part I'm afraid. Never sell things you need until you don't need them.
    Cmon now, everyone knows instrument retail is renowned for accurate timescales and on-the-ball information ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Paul_C said:
    rossyamaha said: Not sure there will be quite enough to cover all orders though.
    Allowing for the fact that I let down Sheldon, taking 7 years more than I should have to make his guitar (and still having to let a friend of his finish it), I'd currently be very annoyed if I was one of the ones who had to wait for batch two. 

I would totally understand anyones frustration. I hate waiting for things myself. I just want to clarify, fingers crossed within a couple of weeks, a lot of people will be happy. Some not so but we can only supply a limited number right now. Late Oct early Nov, all preorders should be cleared and there will be free stock in stores. We are prioritsing dealers with customer orders of course. We can't however be in control of how our dealers allocate them. If you got an order in early, chances are you'll get one.

Maybe this could become the new Klon? There is a model of it on there.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• @rossyamaha

Not at all vexed or annoyed... just curious why they've already been shipped to USA dealers (and already onwards to end-users) - but no shipments to UK dealers until 2.5 to 3 weeks later (bearing in mind there were units shipped to Line 6 Amsterdam at same-ish time as units were shipped to Line 6 USA).

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Drew_fx said:
    I'm thinking about cancelling my order and spending my money on cyanide pills anyway. So fuck it.
    walk towards the light…. feel yourself being pulled towards the light..

waiting there is an Axe-FX II with fw Quantum 01.01
    play every note as if it were your first
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wahhh...

Some dude on The Gear Page has said this:
    Aww man, just got an email from Andertons saying my pre-order won't be due until 30th November - I'm sure the wait will be worth it though!

I *really* hope that isn't across the board!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited October 2015
    I've cancelled my order....had enough of the "hopefully's, maybe's" on this, which is a real shame as I'm sure its a great unit...

If I can't get a definitive answer from anyone on the delivery date, then god help us with bugs/firmware updates (they are already on number 2 since launch due to bugs being found in the wild!!!)

Will probably go Fractal....or might just keep my money and invest a little in my current board.

Might visit Helix again down the line, but at the moment there's just so much shit going on with will it/won't it arrive etc I just can't be arsed anymore.

Line 6's comments about it being nice to be in a position of not being able to keep up with demand really grates with me, yes its lovely for you as a company as it means you all keep your jobs.....take a moment to think about the people who have saved money to buy one of your products and can't get an answer out of your company with dates....I work with "cutting edge" technology and vendors in other walks of life will give dates and plan their roll-out a bit better..

Disappointing....takes the sheen off the whole Helix experience for me...
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What on earth are you talking about... the firmware update was available before any units hit the streets. Bugs weren't found in the wild at all! Chances are they knew and *know* about a whole range of bugs, and they didn't have time to fix them before flashing the units with the first firmware. So they put them off until a point release afterwards. No big deal.

The level of entitlement... maybe you should go Fractal... I hear those guys get every single thing they could have ever dreamed of!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyo said:
    Line 6's comments about it being nice to be in a position of not being able to keep up with demand really grates with me, yes its lovely for you as a company as it means you all keep your jobs.....take a moment to think about the people who have saved money to buy one of your products and can't get an answer out of your company with dates...
    Read my post again. No one's happy about it, and it's indeed a problem. But again, it's still a better problem than shipping containers falling into the ocean or the thing sounding like crap.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    I'm talking about my own personal feelings on it...firmware update 1 was available pre-availability, they are currently compiling update 2 (or 3 if if include initial release). The firmware stuff is fair enough, haven't really got an issue with that, but just adds to the shit feeling I have about it all at the moment. You are right, its no big deal...