Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    It's always difficult with this stuff. Of all the companies I have worked for, the release date for every new product without fail has moved. I can only think of one occasion where it actually arrived before the scheduled date. One company (that will remain nameless), launched a line of products that took that long to arrive, it had actually reached the end of it's lifecycle before we got it in.

@welshboyo I'm really sorry to you, and indeed to everyone for the delay but like myself and Mr. Igloo have said, rather it be right than ship it to you and you be disappointed. From a salesman perspective, yes it's a nice problem to be oversold but it's a problem and I'd rather have as many out there as we can. The fact is, we simply cannot supply every presold unit from the first shipment. Far from ideal but we can only get what we can get. I genuinely hope you do take another look when the units are out there. It's an amazing piece of kit.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4537
    edited October 2015
    "rather it be right than ship it to you and you be disappointed" 

he already is disappointed
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    To put another slant on it, I'm actually quite happy it's been delayed beyond what we originally thought, note the use of 'thought' as no one has actually said it will be here on xxx. I've been sitting in the fence and it gives me a chance to see what the US owners think, and a little more time to deliberate. If it was in the shops now I would probably just buy one ;).

There's so much coming out at the minute, the Axe 8, amplifire and the Helix I'd hate to make the wrong decision, need to gather some more info first.

On what I know currently, the Helix is top of my list though

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    welshboyo said:
    Line 6's comments about it being nice to be in a position of not being able to keep up with demand really grates with me, yes its lovely for you as a company as it means you all keep your jobs.....take a moment to think about the people who have saved money to buy one of your products and can't get an answer out of your company with dates...
    Read my post again. No one's happy about it, and it's indeed a problem. But again, it's still a better problem than shipping containers falling into the ocean or the thing sounding like crap.
    I have read your statement again, at not one point do you state you are not happy....you are saying that its the best position for you as a company to be in....i.e demand is more than supply...yes great...and I'm pleased that Line 6 are back on top of it and challenging the other competitors...

I have no issue with the whole Helix thing and the way it apparently sounds, I'm sure it will be a huge success and I will probably come back to it once hype has calmed down a bit. 

What you need to sort out is the way you have dealt with distribution WORLDWIDE and your communication on this - if this had been as savvy as the UI development for Helix then I wouldn't need to be typing this...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @rossyamaha no apologies needed, you are the only one in all of this who has tried to keep us updated.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    welshboyo - bitchlord extraordinaire!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The waiting is sometimes hard. Calm down. :p
    Drew_fx said:
    LOL....

Things "might" have changed anyway after a discussion I have just had with PMT on this.......;) 

I REALLY want a Helix, but can't stand the indefinites and maybe's, I'm also an impatient bastard at the best of times.....

I've given them 2 weeks to sort...unless I have a definitive 2 weeks today about a date or indeed a Helix in my hands I will be getting a refund (yes I have pre-paid in full, long story) and I will be going Fractal
    and if it does turn up, I can then bitch that it doesn't make me play or sound like Sean Halley...
    welshboyo said:
    Drew_fx said:
    LOL....

Things "might" have changed anyway after a discussion I have just had with PMT on this.......;) 

I REALLY want a Helix, but can't stand the indefinites and maybe's, I'm also an impatient bastard at the best of times.....

I've given them 2 weeks to sort...unless I have a definitive 2 weeks today about a date or indeed a Helix in my hands I will be getting a refund (yes I have pre-paid in full, long story) and I will be going Fractal
    I too have pre-paid in full, and I too am eager to get my unit! Andertons took £1068 quid out of my account as soon as I ordered, and I've not really heard much from them. I expect they don't really know what is going on right now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    welshboyo said:
    Drew_fx said:
    LOL....

I too have pre-paid in full, and I too am eager to get my unit! Andertons took £1068 quid out of my account as soon as I ordered, and I've not really heard much from them. I expect they don't really know what is going on right now.
    why have they taken payment up front? i thought the standard was to take payment when its ready to ship?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    Drew_fx said:
    welshboyo said:
    Drew_fx said:
    LOL....

why have they taken payment up front? i thought the standard was to take payment when its ready to ship?
    Well I typed my card details in and clicked pay. *shrug*
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    smart arse!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2015
    A long story involving a return of an ES-8 to PMT etc etc and its just easier sometimes to have the funds gone from your account instead of making sure its there for when "the" time comes..and believe me - this "the" time has been a long time coming...
    ThorpyFX said:
    Drew_fx said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    smart arse!
    LOL. But seriously, I don't really know the ins and outs. All I know is I paid for it, and the money was taken from my account.
    welshboyo said:
    and if it does turn up, I can then bitch that it doesn't make me play or sound like Sean Halley...
     I don't want to sound like Sean Halley. I want to sound like Adam Jones. =P~
  • Drew_fx said:
    Wahhh...

Some dude on The Gear Page has said this:
    Aww man, just got an email from Andertons saying my pre-order won't be due until 30th November - I'm sure the wait will be worth it though!

I *really* hope that isn't across the board!
    Mine's saying Oct 14th.
  • I'm going to learn this in anticipation, it'll be the first song I play through mine:

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537

I'd heard that Line 6 won't release any to the UK market until this thread hits 50 pages.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    guitargeek62;810354" said:
    Mine's saying Oct 14th.
    Just got this from Andertons:
    We checked with Line 6 yesterday and the Helix are still on course to arrive to us on the 30th of October. We are hoping that this will be the case. If you got any more news, we will let you know.

:-?