Feline Guitars Lion Cub SC & DC thread : WAY COOL JUNIOR*

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307

Great work, Jonathan and what a couple of lookers!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Number 11 is completed and about to go to a new home 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    Number 11 is completed and about to go to a new home 

Absolutely stunning. Dare is ask how much a build pretty much identical to this would cost? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Paging Jonathan @FelineGuitars :)
    edited August 2021 tFB Trader
    £1899 - we have one ready with tulip shaped Klusons (keystone)

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader
    Here is the one we have  ready 

More pics can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/50E3AAI

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I should add a couple of Singlecut ones in here now and then.....
    How about this baby - the paint finish is an unusual one that kind of looks almost black till you get a strong light on it when it looks like a metallic burgandy /black grape sort of colour.
    The body was cut open, slightly chambered with the top put back on - same as on the guitar we had reviewed for Guitar and Bass Magazine

Gotoh 510 series bridge, Ratio tuners, Earvana Nut and a Bare Knuckle Mule pickup

Reflections from my studio lights can be seen here 

You get a feel for the nature of the colour in this pic (as well as seiing the ratio tuners)

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Love that colour. Like a metallic Oxblood? 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited September 2021
    Very nice SC. If it’s as good as the yellow as the yellow DC pictured above I know it’ll make someone very happy. Unusual colour as well!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22832
    That looks fantastic.  It's hard to tell with the dark colour, is the singlecut body contoured or still a traditional slab?
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    That looks fantastic.  It's hard to tell with the dark colour, is the singlecut body contoured or still a traditional slab?
    Traditional slab as you call it,although it has the sculpted heel joint.
    40mm thick so a wee bit thinner than an Gibbo junior 
    Perfect weight though (in my opinion)

We have a sunburst one nearing completion - pics to follow

We also have a lefty getting ready for a finish - see pic below

We do however have a contoured double cut coming through for those that would like more comfort

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22832
    Philly_Q said:

We do however have a contoured double cut coming through for those that would like more comfort

I thought it looked a little thinner, I was thinking singlecut Melody Maker as much as Junior.

Interested to see the contoured doublecut.
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

I thought it looked a little thinner, I was thinking singlecut Melody Maker as much as Junior.

Interested to see the contoured doublecut.
    A bit  thicker than Melody Maker but certainly a very comfy weight

It was based on the one that we built and had reviewed and has become my favourite guitar and clocks in just under 7lb

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Are the single cuts a similar price to the DCs?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited September 2021
    I would love one of those singlecut Juniors with a humbucker! And there goes a Feline LP of some type back up to the top of my "grail guitars" pile  the oxblood is awesome.
  • Can I ask FelineGuitars in what way do you feel that your guitars are better than the equivalent Gibson?

By the way they are very nice looking!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Can I ask FelineGuitars in what way do you feel that your guitars are better than the equivalent Gibson?

I can tell you that I've played a few Felines and they are special in a way that most Gibson's aren't.

The care and attention puts them up with custom shop and beyond.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Can I ask FelineGuitars in what way do you feel that your guitars are better than the equivalent Gibson?

I can tell you that I've played a few Felines and they are special in a way that most Gibson's aren't.

By equivalent Gibson I would assume that you mean something special from the custom shop and not just the equivalent model by body shape/type. 
    A hand crafted Gibson from their custom shop will be a very good guitar (hopefully). 
    I guess it comes down to being built and fettled by someone who knows what they are doing, and passionately cares about the guitar being built.
    We are also not bound by tradition so may be more tempted to be a bit more adventurous or alter our methods where Gibson may feel the need to stick to their heritage.

• Can I ask FelineGuitars in what way do you feel that your guitars are better than the equivalent Gibson?

By equivalent Gibson I would assume that you mean something special from the custom shop and not just the equivalent model by body shape/type. 
    A hand crafted Gibson from their custom shop will be a very good guitar (hopefully). 
    I guess it comes down to being built and fettled by someone who knows what they are doing, and passionately cares about the guitar being built.
    We are also not bound by tradition so may be more tempted to be a bit more adventurous or alter our methods where Gibson may feel the need to stick to their heritage.
    Thanks for your reply, no I wasn't necessarily talking about something special but your fine reply speaks volumes
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    edited September 2021
    I first met Jonathan of Feline in 2005 at the London Guitar Show, when I was there with Bare Knuckle pickups and Jon had his guitars on the stand with us.  I was immediately impressed with all the guitars that he had and also the quality of them.  In talking to Jon you realize that he is very passionate and knowledgeable about guitars and why they sound the way they do.  The first thing that he ever did for me was to fix, scallop and refret a back bowed flamed maple neck.  He made an incredible job of it and the fretwork was the best I have ever seen or played (I used to sell guitars and have seen a lot).  

I got to play many more of his guitars and then when I saw he was making a series of 20th anniversary Lions, I knew that I would like to get one.  One of them really appealed to me, and I had a couple of custom requests for it, which Jon was really happy to accommodate.   The build process was really great, and even though I live in the States, I was over in England enough to check the neck shape and everything before it went for finishing.  Jon's neck shape really suited my style and so I was very happy with it.  My guitar is 20th anniversary #7, and the biggest difference from the rest is the wrap-around bridge.  I really like junior and old Les Pauls with this feature and have wanted one for a long time.  It is an incredible guitar, and is one of my favorites, which is a pretty big statement for someone with well over 100 guitars to chose from, including some 50's Gibsons and Fenders.  

There us a vast difference between the guitars Jon delivers and the regular Gibson, Fender and even PRS instruments.

Anyway, here is mine:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom