Feline Guitars Lion Cub SC & DC thread : WAY COOL JUNIOR*

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Trying out a DC build with 2 P90s and a full set of controls

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    edited October 2021

I like the sound of this a lot. What are your views on a single cut dual p90 version? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160

Instead of my Tabby. I almost ordered a DC in Polar white with a black Floyd & zebra pickups like Gary Moore’s Hamer DC on the Run For cover album cover. But I own too many set neck mahogany bodied guitars. 
    tFB Trader
    Another singlecut cub put together and ready to sell

Really not that heavy at all at 6.5lbs and maybe just a whisker (60 grams?) more than the plum coloured one

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:
    I first met Jonathan of Feline in 2005 at the London Guitar Show, when I was there with Bare Knuckle pickups and Jon had his guitars on the stand with us.  I was immediately impressed with all the guitars that he had and also the quality of them.  In talking to Jon you realize that he is very passionate and knowledgeable about guitars and why they sound the way they do.  The first thing that he ever did for me was to fix, scallop and refret a back bowed flamed maple neck.  He made an incredible job of it and the fretwork was the best I have ever seen or played (I used to sell guitars and have seen a lot).  

I got to play many more of his guitars and then when I saw he was making a series of 20th anniversary Lions, I knew that I would like to get one.  One of them really appealed to me, and I had a couple of custom requests for it, which Jon was really happy to accommodate.   The build process was really great, and even though I live in the States, I was over in England enough to check the neck shape and everything before it went for finishing.  Jon's neck shape really suited my style and so I was very happy with it.  My guitar is 20th anniversary #7, and the biggest difference from the rest is the wrap-around bridge.  I really like junior and old Les Pauls with this feature and have wanted one for a long time.  It is an incredible guitar, and is one of my favorites, which is a pretty big statement for someone with well over 100 guitars to chose from, including some 50's Gibsons and Fenders.  

There us a vast difference between the guitars Jon delivers and the regular Gibson, Fender and even PRS instruments.

Anyway, here is mine:

Nice. Don't suppose you know what bridge is on that do you? 
    tFB Trader
    PhilKing said:
    I first met Jonathan of Feline in 2005 at the London Guitar Show, when I was there with Bare Knuckle pickups and Jon had his guitars on the stand with us.  I was immediately impressed with all the guitars that he had and also the quality of them.  In talking to Jon you realize that he is very passionate and knowledgeable about guitars and why they sound the way they do.  The first thing that he ever did for me was to fix, scallop and refret a back bowed flamed maple neck.  He made an incredible job of it and the fretwork was the best I have ever seen or played (I used to sell guitars and have seen a lot).  

I got to play many more of his guitars and then when I saw he was making a series of 20th anniversary Lions, I knew that I would like to get one.  One of them really appealed to me, and I had a couple of custom requests for it, which Jon was really happy to accommodate.   The build process was really great, and even though I live in the States, I was over in England enough to check the neck shape and everything before it went for finishing.  Jon's neck shape really suited my style and so I was very happy with it.  My guitar is 20th anniversary #7, and the biggest difference from the rest is the wrap-around bridge.  I really like junior and old Les Pauls with this feature and have wanted one for a long time.  It is an incredible guitar, and is one of my favorites, which is a pretty big statement for someone with well over 100 guitars to chose from, including some 50's Gibsons and Fenders.  

There us a vast difference between the guitars Jon delivers and the regular Gibson, Fender and even PRS instruments.

Anyway, here is mine:

Nice. Don't suppose you know what bridge is on that do you? 
    It's a Graphtech Resomax wraparound

I have a chrome one in stock if you are seeking one

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited October 2021
    Another singlecut cub put together and ready to sell

^ That is amazing grain on the top Jon!
  • Out of curiosity how much do these sell for?
    tFB Trader
    £2400

tFB Trader
    Did a DC Cub with 2 Humbuckers (BKP Mules) for a customer
    Think it looks rather lovely

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited March 2022
    serious question - do DC juniors "have" to have that horrid pickguard............or is it purely "cosmetic"  ?? 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Did a DC Cub with 2 Humbuckers (BKP Mules) for a customer
    Think it looks rather lovely

I really like that. Like the shape of the guard and everything. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    Bloody gorgeous! Well done:-)
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    bertie said:
    serious question - do DC juniors "have" to have that horrid pickguard............or is it purely "cosmetic"  ?? 

@bertie Due to there not being a top the neck join is hidden under the pick guard:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022 tFB Trader

So hot on the heels of the DC Cub Special with the humbuckers we can now show you the P90 equipped version:

We tried for a pickguard shape that followed the curves.
    Pickups are BKP Nantuckets.....bridge is a Faber 

Kluson waffleback tuners 

These ones go up to 11!

The hidden flush mount 

Yes it is for sale .......price is £2400

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful! Far superior to that new Gibson model.
    tFB Trader
    A quick update with our in stock and ready to go Lion Cub DC models 

DC12

DC13

DC15 MODERN CONTOUR WITH LAMBO CONCEPT FINISH

DC16 MODERN CONTOUR WITH AGED HARDWARE  & BKP SOAPBAR

DC17 - SPECIAL WITH 2 BKP SOAPBAR P90S

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    edited March 2023
    For a while I've had some thoughts to do a run of guitars based on the popular late 1950s LP Junior Doublecut. So I started to think about the specs to make some and would you believe what turned up......a selection of prime examples of the guitar in question.

Bloody hell, the ’58 on the left in your pic is now mine! It’s a fantastic guitar that plays great and sounds excellent. I was told when I got it a few years ago that it had been refretted by you guys - good work! 

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22834

Wow!  Does "modern contour" mean it has a forearm carve and a belly cut?  I see the orange one, DC15, looks like it has a bit more of an edge radius all round.
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:

Wow!  Does "modern contour" mean it has a forearm carve and a belly cut?  I see the orange one, DC15, looks like it has a bit more of an edge radius all round.
    Exactly that. Some people want them as they were in the 1950s and some appreciate a little subtle comfort, so we are happy to offer either option.
    l personally like the contours and that is probably reflected in our new Droptop models too, which we have some being completed soon.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom