Smooth Hound Innovations - Classic Wireless Guitar System

What's Hot

Comments

• fsmithfsmith Frets: 3
    Is the tension of the hinge adjustable?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fsmith said:
    Is the tension of the hinge adjustable?
    No, it's not adjustable. It's set during assembly.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I've had mine for a few months now (since November) and have done several gigs. Still great overall and recommended. Couple of minor points. Aerial snapped off plastic base after slipping off wah (bad placement on my part). Have used a safety pin to re-secure it, but metal pins (not the platic ones) would be more robust for giggers. 

The batteries also drain quite quickly I find. Guess that's the nature of the wireless beast though. I just have to keep reminding myself to buy spares and keep them near the board. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    That's strange as I'm finding battery life to be one of the strengths.    I used to always put a new battery in my wireless before a gig but with the smoothound I feel safe doing at least 3 nights and plenty of life still showing on the meter.   
    Mine is starting to feel a bit loose on the joint to the jack but all working fine.  
    I agree the receiver feels a bit plasticky but so far my clumsy feet haven't damaged it. 
  • Parker said:
    I've had mine for a few months now (since November) and have done several gigs. Still great overall and recommended. Couple of minor points. Aerial snapped off plastic base after slipping off wah (bad placement on my part). Have used a safety pin to re-secure it, but metal pins (not the platic ones) would be more robust for giggers. 

The batteries also drain quite quickly I find. Guess that's the nature of the wireless beast though. I just have to keep reminding myself to buy spares and keep them near the board. 
    I'd be very happy to replace your damaged antenna for you. PM me if you'd like that doing.

As John_P says, your comment about battery life is very unusual. Most people are very pleased with how long they last. I did have one customer say it didn't meet the 15 hour but it turned out that he was using zinc oxide batteries which are a little over half the capacity of alkalines. We've had very good feedback on using rechargeables (NiMH) too - you should get over ten hours per charge from a regular set of these but some people have reported getting more like 14 hours.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    @SmoothHoundUK ;

We have 2 of your units in our band which we both used for the 1st time recently without any issues, my question is ...if we get transmitters and receivers mixed up, what happens?

Our 3rd person is also looking to get one, will 3 working together all be ok?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    @SmoothHoundUK ;

We have 2 of your units in our band which we both used for the 1st time recently without any issues, my question is ...if we get transmitters and receivers mixed up, what happens?

Our 3rd person is also looking to get one, will 3 working together all be ok?
    We bind a transmitter to a receiver when we're testing sets before shipping. If you were to, say, swap transmitters and go your separate ways after a gig, you'd get home and find that your transmitter would not connect to your receiver. It's no problem though because you can bind your mates transmitter to your receiver. The procedure is in the manual and takes a few seconds. You power off both receiver and transmitter then turn them on and immediately double click their respective buttons to put them in bind mode.

Three sets in a typical stage area will be fine. Try to maximise the spacing between the receivers (more than 6 feet is good) to maximise range.

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    Mine arrived today, a happy customer here. Tried it through the interface and laptop, works perfect, walked round the house etc. Super quick delivery too.

Thanks, Chris.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Hi Chris
    2 questions:
    are you still supply those voltage inverter things for pedal board power supplies?
    Is it better to buy direct from you....?

m
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Hi rsvmark,
    We have the polarity inverter cables as a £1.99 accessory that you can order with your set from our website. Note you do need an isolated supply to avoid ground loop noise
    Yes please do order direct from us unless you really want to give Amazon twenty quid :)
    Chris
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I used mine for the first time at a gig last night... and it's excellent. I left in on the stock settings, latency was undetectable and it sounded no different to using cables. Very impressed!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'm putting my gig money to one side for one. 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Good move, Col. Lovely piece of kit.
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    Just purchased. Imhoping it works out for me.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Big thanks to Chris from Smooth hound - I needed a repair to my transmitter after last weekends gigs,  posted it on monday and it arrived back today good as new - 48hr turnaround is impressive support. 
    Hi Chris
    order placed just now. Any chance you could get it in the post today first class? If it arrives tomorrow and can rebuild my pedal board. Isn't that what bank holidays are for? ;-)
  • Hi Mark,
    We always send orders First Class Signed For as soon as we can. Your set is packed and ready to go. It's not guaranteed but will probably arrive tomorrow.
    All arrived yesterday thanks Chris. Had a quick play and it's easy to use and great. I've got to figure out how the hell to get it on my board now. Decisions decisions! ;-)
  • another fretboard order placed. 
    So 2 gigs in and no complaints here. Flawless operation and no gig failures so great product. 1 question though. In sound check the transmitter turned itself off. I haven't reset from factory settings so the sleep mode doo hicky wasn't active. To be fair the transmitter was in my back pocket so it easily could have been my fat Arse in jeans just putting pressure on the on/off button? Lesson learned though and I hooked it over my belt and job jobbed.