Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Kraken

What's Hot

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I think we now have the opportunity to answer the most important question oft posed on the forum:

Does it Djent?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    McToot said:
    thorpy6 said:
    I really enjoyed that video, MK seems like a lovely chap
    Yep, agreed.  The giant hairy bloke was also refreshingly engaging and articulate. 
    He's Chappers' band mate. Flame on. :-)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    McToot said:
    thorpy6 said:
    Yep, agreed.  The giant hairy bloke was also refreshingly engaging and articulate. 
    I've met him a few times - he's a genuinely nice guy. Enthusiastic, funny, phenomenal player...occasionally wrong on the technical details, but then...so would we all be if we didn't have ICBM et al as a backup information source ;)
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    McToot said:
    thorpy6 said:
    He's Chappers' band mate. Flame on. :-)

I like Chappers. 

;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    digitalscream;741107" said:
    McToot said:

thorpy6 said:

I've met him a few times - he's a genuinely nice guy. Enthusiastic, funny, phenomenal player...occasionally wrong on the technical details, but then...so would we all be if we didn't have ICBM et al as a backup information source ;)
    I really enjoy Bea's playing and the one time I met him he was really good craic.
    Yeah, I think he's a good guy too and great player. Glad to see there's currently no anti-Chappers content!!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    @digitalscream

Sounds interesting.

What model has he designed for/with them. Do you know?
    It's called the Custom 22 - based on the JCA22H, but completely revoiced according to MK's desires.

There's also going to be a UK Custom Shop, along with transformer upgrades and the like. Interesting times.

Oh lord, do we know when these will be available ?
    DrBob said:
    @digitalscream

Sounds interesting.

What model has he designed for/with them. Do you know?
    It's called the Custom 22 - based on the JCA22H, but completely revoiced according to MK's desires.

There's also going to be a UK Custom Shop, along with transformer upgrades and the like. Interesting times.

About 10 weeks for the Custom 22. The rest of it...probably before the end of the year.
    <space for hire>
    edited August 2015
    DrBob said:
    Andertons' website states 19th Aug

EDIT: Wrong amp, apologies.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I am deffo getting one of these when the next batch are in. I met Mr. Kidd when I had a presence control added to my Silverback and not only did he turn the amp into an absolute beast but he was an engaging and really down to earth guy. I spent a good 30 minutes talking to him about the amp and what I felt it needed and then he made it happen. In less than a week I had the amp back
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evildurka;741433" said:
    I am deffo getting one of these when the next batch are in. I met Mr. Kidd when I had a presence control added to my Silverback and not only did he turn the amp into an absolute beast but he was an engaging and really down to earth guy. I spent a good 30 minutes talking to him about the amp and what I felt it needed and then he made it happen. In less than a week I had the amp back
    There are some meh reviews of the v30 and I wonder if this amp is one that also needs a simple mod to open it up - it does sound rather dark and focused.
  • Meh Chappers and his gang all seem a bit too Games Workshop for my liking  :P
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I have high hopes it none the less. The v30 is dark with a similar tone stack to an unmoddified silverback with EL34's in. 6L6's make an impressive amount of difference to my ears and to be fair the v30 is a cracking amp if a little difficult to balance the clean and drive channels. Unless you max the clean gain and take it pushed territory and then use volume control. I am getting another v30 and deffo a Kraken.
    jonnygreentrees;741556" said:
    Meh Chappers and his gang all seem a bit too Games Workshop for my liking  :P
    I was a games workshop kid when I was younger along with cyberpunk 2020 which may explain my lack of apathy towards chappers and co ;)
  • Evildurka;742258" said:
    I have high hopes it none the less. The v30 is dark with a similar tone stack to an unmoddified silverback with EL34's in. 6L6's make an impressive amount of difference to my ears and to be fair the v30 is a cracking amp if a little difficult to balance the clean and drive channels. Unless you max the clean gain and take it pushed territory and then use volume control. I am getting another v30 and deffo a Kraken.
    Why are they hard to balance?

Also, does the clean channel take pedals well when set clean clean?

I wonder if a mod like a presence would really make it come to life.
    I found that a really pleasing clean sound was best made by having lots of gain to fatten it up a lot but this made it a little pushed rather than pristine
  • Evildurka;743025" said:
    I found that a really pleasing clean sound was best made by having lots of gain to fatten it up a lot but this made it a little pushed rather than pristine
    Ahh do they share a gain control then? I'm confused! Are the gains interactive?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    screw the amp… that guy plays so wonderfully..
    I love his note choices and phrasing...
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Clarky said:
    Yep, he's the real deal. Probably one of my favourite players around today. I suppose it helps that my all-time favourite player's one of his biggest influences...
    <space for hire>
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    Clarky said:
    Yep, he's the real deal. Probably one of my favourite players around today. I suppose it helps that my all-time favourite player's one of his biggest influences...

met Bea last week, seemed like a nice guy too.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com