Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Kraken

What's Hot

Comments

• Evildurka;766091" said:
    The bottom end is deffo there on the 2x12 so the bass focus really helps to tighten it up. Channel one is much thicker like an extra meaty Marshall the higher the gain is set, channel too cuts like a knife and has massive amounts of gain I'm fucking loving it. Have only tried it with my les paul through the 2x12 be interesting to see what it feels like with a more stratty guitar and my Kramer 5150 clone too.
    I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like with a strat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update to follow on that ;)
  • Just noticed that I wrote too rather than two due to being excited and over tired-still getting used to baby number 2 in the house lol. Original post now edited!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @evildurka

How's it sounding with a Strat then buddy ?
  • Sounded good matey on the little go I have had. To be fair strats aren't really my thing which I am coming to realise. I have yet to put my red dragon(Charvel Jake E Lee stylee) through it but the JV Sounded nice. The thing for me is that channel one can be quite thick sounding and channel much more cutting which is the opposite of the v30 IMO and makes more sense to me. Also the bass focus is like a loudness button on a hifi or a resonance cut when used and can either boost the bass(ie more like eq on v30) or reduce it and can make a big difference in the feel of the amp. I have the 6l6 loaded one I believe there are 2 available at the moment on andertons website one with 6l6 and the other with 34's
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited September 2015
    This sounds great. Loved the demos, what a refreshing change from the usual blues-rock shtick you get with most amp demos.

They should bring out a stereo head.
  • @fortheloveofguitar you picked one up yet???
  • Evildurka;773056" said:
    @fortheloveofguitar you picked one up yet???
    No mate I'm still on the fence.

Have ruled the Helix out now so the Kraken is next in line.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Anyone using a V40 ? I'm quite tempted to get one !
    #thebatesmotelband
  • Obligatory Andertons demo:

<space for hire>
  • I know it sounds daft, but if only this had a clean channel!

That said, I'll watch that video later - if it does a decent dirty clean it might work anyway. I suspect it won't quite be right for me though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OK, I've listened to the Andertons and Victory demos in more detail, and I've got to say...I'm not hearing anything in the Kraken that I can't do with my Jet City JCA22H.

At least that's one bit of GAS cured :)
    <space for hire>
  • ThePrettyDamned;780304" said:
    I know it sounds daft, but if only this had a clean channel!

That said, I'll watch that video later - if it does a decent dirty clean it might work anyway. I suspect it won't quite be right for me though.
    They showed a bit of rolled off volume pot cleans, but I was skipping through the vid and may have missed an actual clean setting...

The issue is I need a clean clean channel that can be about as loud as a dirt channel, I get my quieter dirtier cleans by rolling off volume on a gain channel. I don't think that is an uncommon scenario for rock/metal players, so this is an interesting design choice to have two gain channels.
  • digitalscream;780316" said:
    OK, I've listened to the Andertons and Victory demos in more detail, and I've got to say...I'm not hearing anything in the Kraken that I can't do with my Jet City JCA22H.

I want a jet city with a low level loop. Every option that comes up looks great, but a jet city with low level loop would be literally perfect. What's the 22h loop like?
  • digitalscream;780316" said:
    OK, I've listened to the Andertons and Victory demos in more detail, and I've got to say...I'm not hearing anything in the Kraken that I can't do with my Jet City JCA22H.

I want a jet city with a low level loop. Every option that comes up looks great, but a jet city with low level loop would be literally perfect. What's the 22h loop like?
    I'm not sure about the level - all my delay pedals can deal with line level and above, so I haven't really tried. I'll check it out tonight, if you want...

It is, however, in a much more sensible place - after the master, rather than before the tone stack. This has the result that you can boost the volume if you want, and the delay repeats/reverb tails are much clearer.

I'll get back to you this evening about the loop level; I'll try a couple of my other pedals in there and see if it clips.
    <space for hire>
  • It's also worth mentioning that @ICBM and I have been discussing a mod for my JCA50H which will disengage the built-in pre-tone-stack loop and replace it with a solid-state, instrument-level loop after the master volumes. Doesn't look particularly expensive, unless you compare it to the crazy-low price of the amps themselves.
    <space for hire>
  • So when is the new Martin Kidd designed Jet city coming out do we know?
  • So when is the new Martin Kidd designed Jet city coming out do we know?
    Shouldn't be much more than a month now. I'll check with them tonight.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;780505" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

So when is the new Martin Kidd designed Jet city coming out do we know?

And what's the loop like? :p

I'd be interested in the loop mod - let me know how it goes. The m5 is inst level... Stupid design.
  • digitalscream;780505" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

So when is the new Martin Kidd designed Jet city coming out do we know?

Great :)

Thanks