Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hit The Road Jack...........

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    so this thread isn't about Jack White at all then?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

After many attempts at nailing down a date for surgery, i am in tomorrow. It's an outpatient thing so it's all day but i will be home the same day.

Doppler Guided Hemorrhoidal Arterial Ligation

Morgan has just given me his PS3 and a copy of Gran Turismo 6 and said

"You might need this".

I am currently having kittens and trying not to think about it but i know i don't handle aneasthetic well and coming out of that plus the nerves about what's happening while i'm knocked out................

After all those years on the road it appears i have become something of a control freak and i'm not handling this well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico said:
    Finally there is some news on this.

After many attempts at nailing down a date for surgery, i am in tomorrow. It's an outpatient thing so it's all day but i will be home the same day.

"You might need this".

I am currently having kittens and trying not to think about it but i know i don't handle aneasthetic well and coming out of that plus the nerves about what's happening while i'm knocked out................

After all those years on the road it appears i have become something of a control freak and i'm not handling this well.
    General anaesthetic and operations are easy Mark, "you're awake, then you're awake again afterwards", it's like time travel! ;).

Don't sweat it dude, you'll be fine.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Alnico said:
    Finally there is some news on this.

"You might need this".

I'm the same but I've had 6 operations in the last 10 years that required a general.
    It is fine.
    And it is kinda fun in its own way.
    The staff will make you feel at ease- they do this day in, day out- you'll be in great hands.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    @Alnico, I have always been terrified of General Anesthetic, and I've had a couple of operations under local to avoid... no idea why but I've always been scared I won't wake up. Totally irrational, like all fearsof this type are.

However, last year, due to my sarcoidosis I had a Bronchoscopy, which required a GA. I was panicking when they came to give me the pre meds, and I had a chat with the nurse about it, which calmed me down. They were so good. They wheeled me down to theater, started giving me the drugs and I sort of drifted off. Woke up just as they wheeled me back to the room. Very easy and nothing to fear.

Good luck with the op, and you'll be fine I'm sure!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    When I had my hand op this time last year, I was chatting to the anesthetist one second and the next I woke up with a bandage on my hand and they wheeled me out for a piece of toast - easy ! 
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    @Alnico - best of luck, man, you'll be fine.  

Just remember when you put the surgery gown on, the open bit goes at the back, not the front.  Not that I'd ever make such a stupid mistake, no sirree...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited April 2016
    As a consequence of this thread I have  been nice to several lorry drivers today by letting them out of tricky junctions.
    I love this post.

Near my home there is a left turn to an industrial park. A HGV can not turn left onto the narrow road without pulling on to the wrong side of the busy main road. A few months ago I was driving towards that turning and saw a driver with his head in his hands and 50 cars behind him. I guess he had been there with his flasher on for five minutes or more.    :-S

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Don't sweat it dude, piece of cake, cuppa and a biscuit afterwards!
  • Since this thread started I got my Cat C provisional in December, passed the theory test last month and hazard perception last week. Driving lessons start in June.

Good luck with your surgery.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Well the operation was a success of sorts.

They have definitely taken a huge chunk of the problem away but my surgeon saw me after the op and said it may well take another one or two op's to fully cure the problem. She agreed with me that they were awful and because they were never at their worst when i was being examined by her, she did now realise what i was trying to tell her. She never disbelieved me but she did admit they were far worse than she'd first thought.
    The op was ok, the endless waiting was worse than coming round in recovery.
    The bad part was getting home and the first 7 days. Because they had done all this tying up and pulling up (Because the prolapse had been quite bad i had a full 'Recto-Anal Lift' as well. This has caused some of the worst back pain i've ever endured and made the first week utter hell. Yesterday it calmed down and today i seem to fairly clear of it but my God, i've never felt pain like it. I can only assume that all the upper part of the tying / pulling must have been adjacent to a load of nerves and it jangled them.

What they've done for me is great now and my Surgeon says it will only now get easier for me.

Well done @Guitar_Slinger.

If you're with 'Town and Country' driving school, please remember me to Steve, he taught me. When i did mine, he let me take my Class 1 (Cat C+E) in the same Class 2 (Cat C) that i'd just done my Class 2 test in, but pulling a trailer to make it a 'Wagon and Drag'. It's still above 7.5 Tonnes and it's articulated so it's a Class 1 (C+E) and you can do your test in it. 
    My test was made much easier by doing this. The day after i passed i went out in the actual 'Artic' for 2 hours to see the difference and get used to it. Steve explained that the actual test is easier to mess up in the artic so he advised the way i did it but learning how to drive the artic wasn't difficult with my licence already done and passed. Anyway, good luck and well done man.

Thanks to everyone who supported me while i've been so ill and useless.

Now i can go back to being reasonably healthy and useless.

:)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    good to hear :)

. . . after the Recto-Anal Lift do you look any younger ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    No but his balls aren't swinging as low :)

Good luck in your recovery mate!
    Paul_C said:

My Nephew apparently actually wet himself laughing when my younger brother joked that i'd had a facelift for my Arse.
    That consequently made a few of the adults have to try not to.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    edited May 2016
    Alnico;1068929" said:
    Paul_C said:

My Nephew apparently actually wet himself laughing when my younger brother joked that i'd had a facelift for my Arse.That consequently made a few of the adults have to try not to.

Cheeky fucker. I'll grab me coat.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    @alnico - well my friend, how are you ?

Hope you are on the mend

@alnico - well my friend, how are you ?

Hope you are on the mend

Hey Good Buddy................

Ahem.

It would seem that fate isn't without a sense of humour.
    I am back to square one actually. 4 weeks after the OP and it's all back to just as bad as it was beforehand however i was told to expect it to take more than one surgery. She is trying to get rid of so much tissue without risking incontinence so each surgery will apparently not be anything too drastic.
    I knew last October when all this happened that it would take the next couple of years to get rid of this and it's looking like i'm right. With 8 Weeks recovery after each OP just to be re examined and then a further 12-16 weeks before each next Surgery date it's going to take a while. The reason she is doing it like this is because she thinks that if she removes that much tissue in a traditional Heamorrhoidectomy that it could damage nerves and leave me permanently with even worse problems than i've got now.

So i'm stuck indoors in our new place which is evolving and building slowly but now quite surely from the empty shell it was when we started it in March. New furniture arrives next week so we will actually have somewhere to sit and eat at a dining table and a real actual bed frame so our mattress isn't on the floor anymore. Once that's all done the clutter of the half unpacked room will disappear (underbed storage boxes) and all the decorating work we did at the beginning will actually start to be noticeable.
    We reckon by the end of Summer the whole place will be finished, indeed it would have been in the first two weeks had we not been trying to do all this and live on benefits (Of which we only get one and its £65 each a week).

The 'Stuff and Things' will come, just like the Aston Martin will eventually. What matters is we are all here and all about as happy as anyone could be. We're surrounded by friends and we love what we have, most importantly each other.

We've had no TV for 6 weeks now. We still have a TV and gets used every day as a massive extended desktop for the laptop (HDMI) or to watch DVD's on but so far we haven't had any TV/BB/Phone connected yet and we don't miss it. We've got 4g mobile BB free with our phones each month so we use that for internet so far and it's great.

We play music and read again.
    Oh, and sit looking at the internet, yeah we do that a lot too.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    Wow Mark, hard times but it's moving now and the future has already begun.

These small steps will take you forward Mark, and you'll look back and say stuff...

Proud of your overcoming mate, and for matsering this excellent Tour.

Wow Mark, hard times but it's moving now and the future has already begun.

These small steps will take you forward Mark, and you'll look back and say stuff...

Proud of your overcoming mate, and for matsering this excellent Tour.

Thanks Warren,

Even since writing that things have changed again. This new place seems to build and evolve all the time.
    This week we've sold our car and bought the rest of the furniture we need and i am building our kitchen this week / weekend so given that the furniture takes around 10 days to get here, we can look at the end of June as the date when we can live normally and call it mostly done.
    Our amazing friends next door who got us this place have bought our car and it's their first car as they expect their first Baby so it's all worked out great. We just don't use it anymore and it sits burning up costs each month doing nothing and they needed a car so badly it just fell into place and after 10 years of faultless service, our car gave us one last thing as a family and that's all the rest of the big furniture for our new life here.

"Everything happens for a reason".

Hope you two are doing well?
  • Passed my Cat C this morning (about 10 minutes ago).

3 minor faults :/