Friedman Pink Taco.. Holy cow batman!!!!!

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    If you feel like donating it Si I'm always free for a drive over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moltisanti;393703" said:
    quick update, i've recently started playing with a Metallica tribute band and i have to say the Pink Taco through a 4x12 sounds absolutely monstrous for this type of stuff. The other guitar player has an original 5150 and my little 20w Taco holds it's own no problem (volume was on 3...), in fact I prefer the tone to the 5150, it's much more organic and cuts through brilliantly.

in case you're wondering i use a separate amp for the Metallica chorus/clean plinky plonk stuff and it sounds ace :D
    Nice! So you run a two amp set up? Must be damn loud to keep up with the peavey/evh!
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    volume has not been an issue yet, and i've played with 2 loud drummers and in big rooms, highest i've had it is 6!

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Just wondered how many of you were still running your Taco's, or have you moved onto something new?
  • i moved mine on as it turns out that when my PT was keeping up with a 5150 it was a poorly one, he had it revalved and then it sounded massive. 

I got a JVM which sounds nothing like as refined as the PT, but at loud band volumes had a lot more punch and headroom, plus more channels etc which I need for now.

I know that the BE100 is my perfect amp, but at £2500 for a used one vs £500 for a JVM it's just not an option at the moment.

I'd love to have PT again for use at home and quieter stuff, for my other more pop/rocky band the PT sounded ace.