Friedman Pink Taco.. Holy cow batman!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    FreddieVanHalen;163838" said:
    The only seem to speak German on the phone
    This can't be accurate: All Germans in this sort of retail these days are usually expected to speak English. You must just've been unlucky on the phone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For the call I made to them it is accurate - the person taking the call could not speak English.

I have received emails from them in English, so perhaps I did get unlucky on the phone, but it did make me feel nervous about dealing with the company - if they can't take an order in English, how are they going to help me on the phone if there is a problem?

I've just tried calling them now on the number listed on their website - I have very basic German but as far as I can tell they are not open for calls at weekends, they do Mon-Fri 8 till 8.

I'll give them another call on Monday and let you know how I get on - the other thing on my list is a Bogner Helios and these claim to have them where guitarguitar do not yet have stock...
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • For the call I made to them it is accurate - the person taking the call could not speak English.

I have received emails from them in English, so perhaps I did get unlucky on the phone, but it did make me feel nervous about dealing with the company - if they can't take an order in English, how are they going to help me on the phone if there is a problem?

I've just tried calling them now on the number listed on their website - I have very basic German but as far as I can tell they are not open for calls at weekends, they do Mon-Fri 8 till 8.

I'll give them another call on Monday and let you know how I get on - the other thing on my list is a Bogner Helios and these claim to have them where guitarguitar do not yet have stock...
    Ordered from musik produktiv a few times and never had a problem, they do have a uk place in surrey way as well. Im pretty sure they havent got the helios yet and i dont even think they are out in the usa yet either. I was looking at one of them as well but i think the brown eye is going to be more suited to me
  • brown eye arrived today, OH my fuckin goodness! well worth the wait! even at home volumes this thing is great i cannot wait to gig this!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great aren't they.. I love my Brown Eye! What cab you using it with @leerocker ?
  • i played it through my 2x12 evh cab , gonna try my evh412 later on,
  • i use mine with a Friedman 4x12 loaded with those lovely new Celestion Creambacks.. Those are killer with my Brown Eye!
  • friedmans come with v30s and greenbacks dont they?

what creambacks are you using the g12m65 or the g12h75
  • i have mine through a standard Marshall 4x12 with 75s and it sounds awesome.

Also have a Creamback waiting for an empty 1x12 to put it in.

From what i can gather the Friedman amps seem to be very adaptable to cabs which makes a nice change!

• agreed rik , i dont normally really like my evh212 but with the brown eye sounds lovely, it just sounds so warm and full and not harsh in anyway at all
  • I ordered the 4x12 originally with Greenbacks and V30s but they said to me the Creamback 65s are a better speaker suited for the brown eye.. So I opted for them! I was apprehensive but once I got to plug it in I now wouldn't use anything else. They are killer with the brown eye! I used it at a studio last week and tried it in front of the Friedman cab and the studios 1960A with normal G12 75s and Mesa 4x12 and I gotta say that the difference is quite unexpected! The Marshall cab was hollow sounding in comparison. Didn't sound too bad through a Mesa 4x12 with V30s but lacked a certain midrange that the Creambacks possess!

Hey, but it is all down to personal taste right! :)
  • I ordered the 4x12 originally with Greenbacks and V30s but they said to me the Creamback 65s are a better speaker suited for the brown eye.. So I opted for them! I was apprehensive but once I got to plug it in I now wouldn't use anything else. They are killer with the brown eye! I used it at a studio last week and tried it in front of the Friedman cab and the studios 1960A with normal G12 75s and Mesa 4x12 and I gotta say that the difference is quite unexpected! The Marshall cab was hollow sounding in comparison. Didn't sound too bad through a Mesa 4x12 with V30s but lacked a certain midrange that the Creambacks possess!

Hey, but it is all down to personal taste right! :)
    Yes it sure is fella. Did you order the cab direct from friedman then?

• Yes I did :)
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    edited February 2014

now available for mucho dosho from guitarguitar,

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps.asp?brandname=Friedman

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    A general thought...Boutique amps from smalltown USA... who fixes them in UK when they go tits up??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Sorry for the brief thread derail: to follow up on the Musik Produktiv thing, I gave them a call today and while the first person's English was limited I was quickly put in touch with another staff member who was totally helpful and English speaking.

And with GG having stock I guess I now have a plethora of choices if I go the Friedman route...although the Helios are in stock in June apparently, so I might hold on for a little while and see which I like best...

And Lee, if you ever decide to sell, I'll have your Brown Eye lol
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • cosmiccarrotcosmiccarrot Frets: 91
    edited February 2014
    57Deluxe said:
    A general thought...Boutique amps from smalltown USA... who fixes them in UK when they go tits up??
    The circuit is pretty standard ptp stuff as long as you replace like for like parts if any go, imo.

Friedman recommends Dan Gower. He's a member of this parish too.
    Kind of makes me wonder, (no offense to present owners btw) why you wouldn't discuss things with him if your into a hot rod marshall.

I have to say Friedman amps are fantastic but I think the pricing is a tad steep. The cabs are way over the top for what they are, zilla quality and standard birch marshall specs.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I have to say Friedman amps are fantastic but I think the pricing is a tad steep. The cabs are way over the top for what they are, zilla quality and standard birch marshall specs.
    +1

I love the Friedman sound, but the prices are crazy, especially in the UK. I got a custom designed hand wired amp to the friedman spec for half the price. 
  • Let's get one thing straight here, the Friedman gear is just gorgeous but the guitarguitar pricing is unrealistic. They are jumping onto something that existed due to the lack of availability here in the UK and the year waiting list that was around about a year ago. I bought my friedmans from the USA direct and it cost a damn load cheaper! At the end of the day either try and find second hand ( but let's be honest, they are rare as rockin horse shite! ) or buy new if you can afford it.

I love my Friedman Brown Eye and Pink Taco and I would not wanna part with them at any cost.. Killer tone!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom