The Fretboard Cycling Club

What's Hot

Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2521
    These things. I shoved a couple on the top tube rear brake entry points too for good measure

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    edited March 17
    I ended up selling my FS and got this barely used Vitus Sentier for about the same price as they were in the CRC blowout. Parted out the old bike and came out with a load of money left over, not bad for 10+ year old parts! 29ers really do roll faster and deal better with the small bump "chatter" on more rutted trails - I feel like it's smoother and faster than the 26" FS it has replaced. Can still jump it fine too so needn't have worried about the big wheels feeling sluggish.

Glad I got this over a gravel bike as it does pedal nicely whilst still being able to ride MTB trails, will be better when I get some more xc tyres on it though. The stock Shimano brakes are pretty poor too, I may put my old Elixirs on. Other than that it was a bargain, nice to be back on a Marzocchi fork too  

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    edited March 17
    I like that - I really liked that colour scheme and regret not buying one at the time. I think they only did it for a year or two. Bonus points for traditional geometry.

The new frame came with a box of mystery parts, one of which is a ferrule with a bit of thin plastic tubing attached - I know what that’s for then! I’ve built up a few bikes myself but due to the internal cabling, obscure bottom bracket, and having to trim the steerer on a very expensive fork, I think I will buy the parts from my LBS and let them build it.

Here’s the bike I have been riding since 2008, and which will now become semi-retired:

https://i.imgur.com/mpusk6y.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That’s a lovely C50, love the ST paint schemes of that era. Those Colnagos from the C40, 50, Extremes, up to a few years ago were what I consider to be the pinnacle of bicycling. Not sure I’ll ever buy another frame from them now, got a steel Master and the C60 to keep me happy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I also have a steel Master, really glad I didn’t sell it when I got the C50. I take it out on club rides a few times a year.

https://i.imgur.com/BMbuJy3.jpg

The C64 is also the last of the Colnagos with Ernesto’s signature on it, after he publically disowned the C68!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very similar to mine! I see you have exceptional taste

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I also got a new frameset the other day, always wanted a Look so scratched that itch with a track bike. It’ll have some NOS Campy Pista cranks and hubs on it when built 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    I'm still stuck in new bike procrastination.

This is one of the options, but I'm not entirely sold on the colour scheme.
    (officially it's Denim Blue, yellow, and light grey - I've seen the photos in the dealer book and they look better than the website photos)

It's not bad, but it's not really grabbing me :/
    I'm wondering what other people think about it?

Another option is one of the full builds, which I prefer the colour off, but various components would be getting swapped-

There are another couple options I'm considering, but at the moment, subject to pricing, another Mondraker is edging ahead.
    I dig the denim and grey
    elstoof said:l
    These things. I shoved a couple on the top tube rear brake entry points too for good measure

Actually I think the one in the box I have is for guiding an electronic shifting cable - I have seen photos of C64s with a standard loop of gear cable outer coming out from the hole at the end of the chainstay. Hopefully the bike shop will figure it out.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3768
    I got a new bike this morning too :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    edited March 18
    @m_c I like the denim! Would need to see it built up though, would probably look weird with black forks/stanchions. White Fox with kashima stanchions would suit it! I always end up going for black or darker coloured bikes but that does look cool, the black with blue accent looks a bit cheap to me. 
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313
    elstoof said:
    Very similar to mine! I see you have exceptional taste

At the NEC bike show in about 2000,Colnagos were on plinth displays. You could tell the real riders - they were the ones who ran their hands along the tubing, closed their eyes and made approving grunts. :D  The Master was always the one I wanted.
    For all the carbon exotica I’ve got, it’s my steel frames that get the most comments 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5037
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    I got some prices today.
    I think I may be going Bunker Grey/Dense Yellow/Denim Blue, but need to work out a few finer details before emptying the bank account :/
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5037
    drofluf said:
    I got a new bike this morning too :)

I are also haz noo bike ;)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    What level does that thing unlock at?
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3768
    elstoof said:
    What level does that thing unlock at?
    It’s not level based. Zwift are running a set of events called “The Big Spin” as you complete an event a spinner appears and you get whatever prize it lands on. 
    Ah I see
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom