Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rough gigs

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Been there. Not fun. We had to pause after every three songs for me to replace the micropore tape that held the tip of my finger together
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We played at a private function - a 50th birthday party in a rough arse sea side town in North Wales. It was in a social club and we were known to many of the audience from playing scooter club/mod gigs in the area. There were 300 odd there and all in festive spirits. 

It was one of those venues without a stage - we played on the dance floor basically amongst the audience. 

Its interesting when your performing cus you can see a lot of whats going on. I could see trouble brewing between one guy who was hammered, his mates and another group who looked like serious heads. 

Anyway - it kicked off in the middle of the set - think we were playing Monkey Man - lots of dancing and jumping about. It was appreciate function so no security. Anyway it ended with a few beery blokes rolling about on the floor - they rolled onto my lead and out it came!!! Seconds later they're out my feat and down I went!!!! I was playing a big semi acoustic gretcsh that I love and I remember desperately trying to keep it out of harms way as every one was getting untangled!!! 

When I was back on my feet and plugged in I sounded terrible - I was totally  out of tune and the setting on my pedals where all over the place - all good fun though......
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just remembered a gig I did years ago in Winchester Uni and we played in the sports hall, massive big white room. And this chap said where's your lights? I said we ain't got any, and he switched the main lights out, it was pitch black.
    so George our resourceful keys and guitar player managed to wire up a couple of 60w bulbs and coloured them with a felt tip pen and we could just about see our guitar necks. Played the gig, and when the main lights came on I thought we were in a different building, there must have been about an inch of beer and god knows what all over the floor, there was bodies everywhere! 
    Not sure what had happened but freaked us all out a bit, it looked so ordinary when we started! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Ah crap.

There appear to be issues between our two female singers. One was ok with me leaving before. If the other one, who I get on with, leaves... I'd be sorely tempted to go too, in protest. Apparently they used to be good friends but now there's a tension which each blames in the other. The one I get on with has tried to confront it but the other isn't saying much.

We've got a gig in 4-5 weeks so unless things go smoothly tomorrow it'll be a quick break to give the venue notice. Sucks as we sound great, new drummer is great. Ever since the bassist and other singer started working together, something's not been right. Bassist barely chats anymore.

Had a great band night out on Friday but bassist and other singer never went.

Gah!! Am I silly for thinking of leaving? Other singer and I are a good team (nothing going on!!!) and would be gutted to see her go. Same for others, I just want the band to all be pals and rock out!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Bassist tends to selectively reply to texts. In fact texted him 8am this morning and still no reply. Annoying as I know he's always on his phone!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom