Gigs in Edinburgh

What's Hot

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Yep, it was fun. I had to skip off during the last song too... a free lift home beckoned. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Really good sound, too. Although, from where I was standing, the bass could have been a bit louder. ;)
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Yes, great gig, and it was good to meet @ICBM and @Gagaryn though I missed the others who were there...
    @Gagaryn Sorry I missed you. There were too many tall guys with glasses. beards and no mates. :)

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    camf said:
    @Gagaryn Sorry I missed you. There were too many tall guys with glasses. beards and no mates. :)

You're right, I'm on trend clearly. :-)

camf said:
    Really good sound, too. Although, from where I was standing, the bass could have been a bit louder. ;)
    Was the same where I was, sound was great but the bass was a bit low in the mix. Band were excellent though and a great mix of songs that you don't often hear being covered.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    Gagaryn said:
    camf said:
    Was the same where I was, sound was great but the bass was a bit low in the mix.
    That's a shame - it actually sounds OK on the recording and I could hear plenty on stage, but you just have to trust the soundman for the FOH mix. Maybe he was scared of turning my fuzz sound up too far :).

On the bright side, it was probably harder to hear how badly I messed up Dirt... ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Advance notice this time... it would be nice to see some of you there. :) 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xju21axof3mixwj/50623534_383084889166076_8971081148172075008_n.jpg?raw=1
    Ooooh! That's a bit bigger than I was expecting. Sorry! :)
    We’ll be back at Henry’s again on Saturday 16th - same format again, on second with Land Of Cakes headlining and a third band (TBC) opening. 7-11pm.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Our band is playing tomorrow night at The Depot if you're around lovely Leith. Three bands all featuring various friends of mine. That's always nice. Woodrow are on first at around eight playing their own versions of some Woody Guthrie songs. I'm looking forward to hearing them. I've no idea what Soul Fur will be like, but given the people involved, I'd expect it to be rocking. :)  
    We have another Edinburgh gig coming up, and this time on a non-school night. Henry's Cellar bar on Saturday 13th. If any of you fine people can make it along, please say hello. It's be some of this sort of thing. 

camf said:
    We have another Edinburgh gig coming up, and this time on a non-school night. Henry's Cellar bar on Saturday 13th. If any of you fine people can make it along, please say hello. It's be some of this sort of thing. 

I like that! Will try to make it along...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks very much. I’ll look forward to saying hello. 
    After rehearsal I mentioned to the rest of the band that I'd had a lot of help, feedback and some great deals from here and so they've all agreed that any FB folk wanting to come along next Saturday can go on the guest-list. Woohoo! Save yourselves a fiver and feel like a VIP. :)
    camf said:
    After rehearsal I mentioned to the rest of the band that I'd had a lot of help, feedback and some great deals from here and so they've all agreed that any FB folk wanting to come along next Saturday can go on the guest-list. Woohoo! Save yourselves a fiver and feel like a VIP. :)

I'm still planning on coming along. If I can save a fiver I will buy you a pint! :-)
    Yay! Cheer @Gagaryn ;I'm currently allergic to alcohol (the horror... the horror...) so you're guaranteed a cheap night out. :) Do you need a +1? Anyone else around want a cheap night out? 
    You need to get that seen too - sounds serious.

Don't bother with +1, having difficulty selling the charms of HCB to anyone. Persuading folk to visit Frizzels cellar probably easier!
    Ha! Yes... it has peculiar charms
    edited May 2019
    Anyone want a gig at the wonderful Henry's Cellar Bar?

Friday 7th June, 8-11pm, on first with two other bands, 30-45min set. Style not important - we're garage-punk covers, the headline band are indie-alternative originals. A small amount of beer money may result depending on attendance! (Paid entry.) Drums and backline are provided and/or shared.

Edit - sorted. Soul Fur will be playing along with Kurtz (us!) and Land Of Cakes.