Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Films ruined by idiotic holes in the plot

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Emp_Fab said:
    Bomb timers.   3m22s to go before kaboom...  ten minutes later in the film it's 35 seconds left.... cut away to another shot for two more minutes...23 secs on the bomb...
    And why go to the trouble of displaying the time left?

Falling Down, if he'd just had a cup of tea, he'd have been reet.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    The one that always gets me is the fact that bad guys can't hit a target unless it's an extra.

Running behind wooden doors or open car doors is another.

Oh and people ducking when under fire running from point to point and using their hand as cover.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24536
    Wiz for that, as car doors are known for their bullet-stopping ability, being made from 0.5mm mild steel sheet.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Miracle On 34th Street - Everyone knows Santa doesn't exist.

Wha? You sir are wrong. He's real, you're just too naughty to get on his delivery list.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Well, he's never been to my gaff, we haven't got a chimney.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    hugbot;812505" said:
    ...but then you don't get the imagery of steel skeletons crushing human skulls.
    That's so dark! ;) Why didn't they make the whole movie just about that?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11993
    edited October 2015
    Myranda;812544" said:
    RaymondLin said:

The Martian.

There is no atmosphere on Mars, alas, there will be no storm.

Um... there's not life supporting atmosphere... given that one probe sent to Mars was destroyed entering the atmosphere I suspect that atmosphere is present - especially as the last probe sent had a parachute stage for deployment
    There is atmosphere, 1% of earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near for a storm of that size, a breeze may be. The parachutes for landing are supersonic parachutes, like the ones used in the edge of space, the very thin atmosphere is why they landed the Mars rover with airbags around it.

But I'll admit, I can overlook that, it's just to kick the movie off, nothing more.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11392
    Tom & Jerry - like anyone believes a cat can get up after being hit by an iron falling from 50 feet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31020
    Anything with Matt Damon in

If the USA had saved, searched or found him as many times as Hollywood claims, the nation would be bankrupt.

And, Invictus- any fule knows that South African loose forwards are not 5'10" and 13 stone- Frankie Pienaar was 6'3" and18 stone.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• RaymondLin;812878" said:
    [quote="Myranda;812544"]RaymondLin said:

The Martian.

Um... there's not life supporting atmosphere... given that one probe sent to Mars was destroyed entering the atmosphere I suspect that atmosphere is present - especially as the last probe sent had a parachute stage for deployment
    There is atmosphere, 1% of earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near for a storm of that size, a breeze may be. The parachutes for landing are supersonic parachutes, like the ones used in the edge of space, the very thin atmosphere is why they landed the Mars rover with airbags around it.

But I'll admit, I can overlook that, it's just to kick the movie off, nothing more.[/quote]

http://m.space.com/18609-mars-dust-storm-nasa-photos.html
    RaymondLin;812878" said:
    [quote="Myranda;812544"]RaymondLin said:

The Martian.

But I'll admit, I can overlook that, it's just to kick the movie off, nothing more.[/quote]

http://m.space.com/18609-mars-dust-storm-nasa-photos.html

It's as if our old friend, the coefficient of friction, doesn't exist in Hollywood.

• Deep Throat - loads of holes in that one. 
    they all get filled in the end though..

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh yeah, Denzil Washington in flight.

A DC9 or variant thereof, cannot fly inverted due to the deep T Tail stalling issues.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10491

Armageddon takes some beating, an asteroid the size of Texas isn't spotted until it's 18 days away from hitting us. Something that big that close would be seen by the naked eye, they wouldn't need the fat guy and his giant telescope to spot it!

There's so much bad science in that movie it's laughable   
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • danodano Frets: 1597
    Snakes on a Plane. When the crew open the hatch in the flight deck and below is the avionics bay. It's clearly not as the avionics bay is below the main deck, it's just passengers below the flight deck. Annoys me as someone whose spent countless hours at work crawling round 747s.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72796
    RaymondLin said:

There is atmosphere, 1% of earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near for a storm of that size, a breeze may be.
    Maybe you should check the facts about dust storms on Mars.

They can cover most of the planet for weeks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11993
    edited October 2015
    ICBM;813027" said:
    [quote=RaymondLin]
    There is atmosphere, 1% of earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near for a storm of that size, a breeze may be.
    Maybe you should check the facts about dust storms on Mars.

They can cover most of the planet for weeks.
    The point is the strength, not the dust. The reason they had to leave on the MAV is because it was going to tip due to the storm. It is widely acknowledged that the storm of that magnitude is not possible. Practically every review of the movie says that, even the writer Andy Weir admits that.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24536
    dano said:
    Snakes on a Plane. When the crew open the hatch in the flight deck and below is the avionics bay. It's clearly not as the avionics bay is below the main deck, it's just passengers below the flight deck. Annoys me as someone whose spent countless hours at work crawling round 747s.
    @dano ...you don't work in Taffy's Garage do you by any chance ?  (BAMC)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • danodano Frets: 1597
    Emp_Fab;813030" said:

@dano ...you don't work in Taffy's Garage do you by any chance ?  (BAMC)
    I don't but been to that Cardiff Site many times, it's a great place.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72796
    RaymondLin said:

The point is the strength, not the dust. The reason they had to leave on the MAV is because it was going to tip due to the storm. It is widely acknowledged that the storm of that magnitude is not possible. Practically every review of the movie says that, even the writer Andy Weir admits that.
    Well, since I haven't seen it I'll have to accept that, but that's not what you said originally...

"There is no atmosphere on Mars, alas, there will be no storm."

Which is not true. There are both an atmosphere and storms.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein