Album That Changed Your Life

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    dogload said:
    I suspect it would most likely be PXR5 by Hawkwind. That''s what made me want to play guitar and opened the door for a whole load of music that they didn't play on the wireless at that time!

That album changed my life too ... when I used it as a guide to wiring a plug and ended up electrocuting myself.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4828
    edited March 2017
    I was surrounded by The Beatles music growing up which all had a massive influence on me although I was generally drawn to the latter years stuff, especially the fuzzier sounds of Paperback and Revolution. That led me on a downward spiral of hammering my Dad's 7" yellow vinyl of The Kinks You Really Got Me bw/. All Day & All Of The Night, and a love for the Quo album On the Level, all played through an old Dansette type record player.

They never changed my life per se but were a massive influence on me and led me to my best mate who in 1991 lent me .......and Justice for all by Metallica which led to buying The Black Album. They did change my life and even now resonate so strongly with me. Others since have come very close, REM, Joy Division and The National, but they are the originals!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    without a doubt Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

blew me away, still love it over 30 years later. it'll get a play in the car most weeks...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940

That album is one of the most defining of my life.
     I first heard the Chams doing a session on the John Peel show in 1984 and it took ages to find anything by them in the shops. Eventually I managed to find SOTB and it had a huge impact on me. Probably the main reason I almost never play without loads of echo!
     IMHO it's the greatest debut album of all time.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    So much Chameleons love... the timing changes especially! 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    underdog said: 
    This, sure there was lots of music before it but this grabbed the 18 year me like nothing else before. It just fit,i was a pissed off 18 year old, full of angst living in the Highlands of Scotland. It felt more " real" to me than a lot of the other music i was hearing at the time. This one album lead me onto others, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Screaming Tree's, Mudhoney, STP etc but for me it was the soundtrack to my late teens and as it turns out pretty much my whole life. 

i waited a long time to see PJ live and a few years ago i got to, and i am not ashamed to admit when they came on stage and opened up with Release i cried.

Definitely one of my top albums too. First time I seen them live they opened with Long Road, can still feel that that D string ringing in my chest to this day. Got tickets to see Eddie in London yesterday.
    I was working so missed out on tickets fir Eddie and refuse to pay these fucking ticket whores stupid prices. When is someone going to stop this happening? Real fans are getting butt fucked constantly 

Rant over return to thread 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Totally agree. Tickets are on affiliated resale site before they're even sold out. How is that legal?!

(specifically, Ticketmaster and Get Me In)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    edited March 2017
    andyp said:
    Totally agree. Tickets are on affiliated resale site before they're even sold out. How is that legal?!

(specifically, Ticketmaster and Get Me In)
    Exactly my point mate. I would love to see Vedder solo but I will be fucked if I am paying double ticket price and lining their pockets. Would rather do without. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I took the same view with something recently. It's a joke.
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited March 2017
    At one point or another lots of albums influence us greatly, and these days I usually tend more towards jazzy stuff, however of the top of my mind I'd probably pick these two: