Amp Modelling Sucks

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    That sounds interesting - looks nice on paper. What sort of price do they go for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528

Drew_fx said:
    It's okay dude, I'm gonna be picking up another Laney VH from @suhrtone soon, but I appreciate the offer. I did actually consider getting a JCA100HDM coz I like the tone of those Jet City amps.
    lol, thats my old head. I sold it to suhrtone to fix up. 
    hugbot said:

Drew_fx said:
    It's okay dude, I'm gonna be picking up another Laney VH from @suhrtone soon, but I appreciate the offer. I did actually consider getting a JCA100HDM coz I like the tone of those Jet City amps.
    lol, thats my old head. I sold it to suhrtone to fix up. 
    Ha! Small world!
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Last chance for modelling for me now the AxeFX has gone - going to try a Kemper.

And today at Matamp I've got a GT150, GT2 and a vintage OR to give a thrashing, which is why u get reminded how much digital actually sucks. It never does that sensation of strings reacting to speakers and the sound hitting you between the eyes.

Having said that, it's very convenient and also much easier to play/flattering. Which is often a good thing.
    wow.. had no idea that you'd got rid of the Axe.. I thought you quite liked it..
    that said.. I know you have a keener ear for tone than me bar far..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    Going back to the O/P...

Like, if you hadn't flip flopped so often you could have probably just kept them all...

Two AFX's and three Kempers.

Hindsight's 20/20 and all that I guess.
    Nerine said:
    Going back to the O/P...

Like, if you hadn't flip flopped so often you could have probably just kept them all...

Two AFX's and three Kempers.

Hindsight's 20/20 and all that I guess.
    Nah, I've been basically recycling the same £2000 for a few years now!! Keeping them all was never an option, and to be honest... amps are better.

I just sold my Diezel D-Moll and bought two Laney VH100R's!
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 850
    edited March 2016
    You flip amps almost as often as you flip modelers so??????????? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You flip amps almost as often as you flip modelers so??????????? ;)
    Categorically untrue!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew...mate...if i was still on that side of the world i would buy you and drink and give you a man-hug for leaving the dark side of digital!

not that i've tried any high end digital stuff like Axe and Kemper, but in my own ignorant way, i always had a gut feel that it wouldn't work for me. There's something pure, raw and real about valve amps...and never felt the need to compromise.

Perhaps - could just get a GT2, then you've got the extra channel and boost on a foot switch. It's a touch gainier too.

The GT1 is awesome...i can't get enough of it. But in the last 6 months i've been thinking, maybe I should have got the GT2 instead, because I really love the gain sound of it, but not having the ability to use it as another channel makes me sad.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    You do need a GT2 Sam....

Funnily enough - I've accidentally done a @drew_fx - my Fractal turned into an orange Dual Dark and now a Fryette Sig X. I'm pretty impressed so far - doesn't have that compressed lifeless sound a lot of multi channel amps have.

Funnily enough - I've accidentally done a @drew_fx - my Fractal turned into an orange Dual Dark and now a Fryette Sig X. I'm pretty impressed so far - doesn't have that compressed lifeless sound a lot of multi channel amps have.
    I've got a Sig X still, and I love it. I've just picked up two Laney VH100r amps too, and I'm toying with the idea of adding a Marshall to the collection. Gotta do it now or it'll never happen!!
    You can never have too many amps - why people have 30 guitars and an amp I can't get my head around. I even know a chap who has a large collection of some pretty tasty vintage guitars through to high end modern, plays them through a valvestate....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You can never have too many amps - why people have 30 guitars and an amp I can't get my head around. I even know a chap who has a large collection of some pretty tasty vintage guitars through to high end modern, plays them through a valvestate....
    Our guitarist has decided a GT1/2 isn't going to work for him (and actually I was a bit fearful it would be the wrong choice for our style anyway) and has gone a complete 180 and decided to buy a Diezel Hagen from @deijavoo !!
    samzadgan said:
    Drew...mate...if i was still on that side of the world i would buy you and drink and give you a man-hug for leaving the dark side of digital!
    Come back. I miss your beard :(
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26863
    Drew_fx said:
    Our guitarist has decided a GT1/2 isn't going to work for him (and actually I was a bit fearful it would be the wrong choice for our style anyway) and has gone a complete 180 and decided to buy a Diezel Hagen from @deijavoo !!
    It's a disease, man, and you've managed to pass it on.
    <space for hire>
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7597
    :-(
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    It's a disease, man, and you've managed to pass it on.

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

@Van_Hayden if I was in London you'd have my order...as it is, I'm getting an Orange Thunderverb 200...closest i can get to a GT2.

Ha - yeah the shipping is a killer to you!