VICTORY V30 COUNTESS

What's Hot

Comments

• Daft question, but has it been established that these are just cornford amps but rebranded (sort of) or are they a new design?

Either way, cornford has some nice sounding kit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Daft question, but has it been established that these are just cornford amps but rebranded (sort of) or are they a new design?

Don't know about these, but all the other Victory amps seem to be mostly new designs (particularly the Silverback and the Baron). The V100 also looks like a very different design (ref: multiple effects loops and master volumes, per-channel EQ etc). The V50 looks at least slightly different to the MK50, too (it appears to have an extra 12AT7, though for what I'm not sure).

On that basis, and given Mr Cornford's litigious nature and apparent fondness for having a pop at people around him, I think we can assume that the V30 probably isn't a Cornford design.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;112014" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Daft question, but has it been established that these are just cornford amps but rebranded (sort of) or are they a new design?

Don't know about these, but all the other Victory amps seem to be mostly new designs (particularly the Silverback and the Baron). The V100 also looks like a very different design (ref: multiple effects loops and master volumes, per-channel EQ etc). The V50 looks at least slightly different to the MK50, too (it appears to have an extra 12AT7, though for what I'm not sure).

On that basis, and given Mr Cornford's litigious nature and apparent fondness for having a pop at people around him, I think we can assume that the V30 probably isn't a Cornford design.
    Cool! Not fussed either way, seemed a shame when cornford disappeared. This v30 looks instantly likeable, in terms of sheer style and feature set. If it sounds as good as it looks, it's a winner.
  • These are now available to pre-order on andertons.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

They could be identical. Not saying they are, but you can't protect circuit designs (other than patents), or any other aspect of an amp other than the badge on the front.

There are other examples of designers moving to other companies and then producing virtually identical amps.

• Martin completely off topic but I had the pleasure of trying out two of the amps you have made for Stormshadow guitar works and they rock!!!! I was in love with the soldano style channel on the hellfire head.
  • Anyone got an idea why Peach clearing out the Victory line? No love out there or are they unreliable like the later Cornfords?
  • martinw said:

They could be identical. Not saying they are, but you can't protect circuit designs (other than patents), or any other aspect of an amp other than the badge on the front.

There are other examples of designers moving to other companies and then producing virtually identical amps.

Oh, I know - it was more a comment on the likelihood of a sueball being lobbed in their direction, which is costly and potentially crippling for a new company.

Anyone got an idea why Peach clearing out the Victory line? No love out there or are they unreliable like the later Cornfords?
    Perhaps they're just hard to shift. The market isn't particularly friendly to new amp companies, especially at these prices. Even a relatively budget amp company like Jet City found it hard at their original prices; they didn't really become viable in the market until the prices came down by 50% (not that I begrudge the fact that I paid the original price for my first one).
    <space for hire>
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Evildurka said:
    Martin completely off topic but I had the pleasure of trying out two of the amps you have made for Stormshadow guitar works and they rock!!!! I was in love with the soldano style channel on the hellfire head.

Cool! Nice to get some feedback on those. I was really pleased with the way they turned out. The combo with reverb was my fave.

Cheers! :)

• The combo was very nice too, but channel 1 on that head was killer. I have high hopes for the victory due to its scaling options. If it's a good as it looks I really think I might sell my mini rectifier and I never thought I would do that.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2014
    Evildurka;173118" said:
    The combo was very nice too, but channel 1 on that head was killer. I have high hopes for the victory due to its scaling options. If it's a good as it looks I really think I might sell my mini rectifier and I never thought I would do that.
    Funny you should say that as I'm still deciding if I should go for the mini rec or the victory v30.

The victory being 300 notes cheaper but with less bells and whistles.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Anyone got an idea why Peach clearing out the Victory line? No love out there or are they unreliable like the later Cornfords?
    In what way are they clearing them out? On the website they say in stock just prices a bit better than Andertons?
  • Facebook link saying Victory amps priced to clear a week or so ago
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Facebook link saying Victory amps priced to clear a week or so ago
    Ah, I see, don't do facebook, way too 2010 for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    Hmm I quite like the look of these new amps, they don't have masses amounts of switches, pots, push/pull boost malarky, dip, bypass etc. Been thinking about a new amp for a while, I don't even gig so it's really wasted investment. Just thinking I want to plug in and play basically, pedals are fun, but a pain in the ass to carry around

Might be worth looking at one of these or the V50 in the second hand market (obviously in a year or so's time). How do these compare to the mk1 cornfords?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    I expect that the single-ended mode will contravene at least one of Randall Smith's spurious patents.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    edited February 2014
    ^ :)) Hasn't he patented amps yet?
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Fortheloveofguitar;173324" said:
    [quote="Evildurka;173118"]The combo was very nice too, but channel 1 on that head was killer. I have high hopes for the victory due to its scaling options. If it's a good as it looks I really think I might sell my mini rectifier and I never thought I would do that.
    Funny you should say that as I'm still deciding if I should go for the mini rec or the victory v30.

The victory being 300 notes cheaper but with less bells and whistles. [/quote]

Well you can buy my mini rec for £300 notes cheaper and be happy and then I can buy either a victory an mjw or an orange and I'll be happy....for at least five minutes lol ;)
  • Promo video now up!

I'm still all over this amp.  There is also a new video up for the 'Silverback' Rob Chapman model with him waving his hands around like a loon for all the Chappers fans!

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sounds pretty good. 

I would like it to demo a more diverse range of styles though.  Still, I fancy having a go on one now