VICTORY V30 COUNTESS

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    ...being a Cornford owner, any new amp alegency now lies elsewhere...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Don't think any of that was Martin Kidds fault. All mr C as I understand it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    that does sound decent

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I'm thinking i want the Silverback, i did want the v30 but to be honest the silverback will cover all my needs where as the v30 will be cool but lacking a few things I want I think much like my mini rectifier.. Just need to raise the funds now by selling everything else i own amp-wise lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    57Deluxe;212932" said:
    His meltdown was bizarre. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    And his front garden looks like shit.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deijavoo;213174" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

57Deluxe;212932" said:...being a Cornford owner, any new amp alegency now lies elsewhere...

His meltdown was bizarre. 

All very strange with everything that went on. But I'm not going to hold that against Mr Kidd. He designs cracking amps.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    edited April 2014
    57Deluxe said:
    er - I mean I *own* a Cornford - I therefore do not need another amp of same genre... I would go Tone King or CARR or Lazy J - all the talk of selling your Cornford just so as to be 'up to trend' is ludricous...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

er - I mean I *own* a Cornford - I therefore do not need another amp of same genre... I would go Tone King or CARR or Lazy J - all the talk of selling your Cornford just so as to be 'up to trend' is ludricous...
    Sold all my Cornfords off when I wasn't working pro. Now back full time so time to invest again.
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    dindude said:
    Anyone got an idea why Peach clearing out the Victory line? No love out there or are they unreliable like the later Cornfords?
    In what way are they clearing them out? On the website they say in stock just prices a bit better than Andertons?

as it happens, i was just speaking to peach about the victory amps, as im interested in the v50 and v30. they are clearing all their stock because they dont think they are all that brilliant, and would rather use the stock allocation on amps that they think are much better. 

im surprised because from what i heard from the v50 on videos and also when i saw the aristocrats in feb, i thought it sounded amazing. not really a fan of the v100 though, although im sure thats because ive fallen out of love with 6l6/ boogie type gain. 

maybe they genuinely dont like them, maybe theyre finding it hard to sell them or maybe theres another reason.....maybe a combination!
    problem for me now is that knowing that has made me feel apprehensive about the amps. its a "new" company so perhaps there are teething issues, maybe reliability problems. 

i wish i was able to try them out without driving to the other side of the uk too :(
    I still want a silverback regardless of what peach guitars are doing. And distance selling will let you have a 14 day grace period.
    yeah to be fair i still think they sound awesome. im just over thinking really i think, maybe they know something we dont and all that......

i have enough amps but i really like these!
    I just can't see chappers designing an amp that he has bigged up so much for it to be a turkey. He has spent a lot of time growing a following and building a good reputation to tarnish it with a £2000 POS. Maybe I'm wrong but I have 2 chapman guitars and they are great and I bought them off the back of videos I didn't try one out first. I'd be pissed if I spent the money on a silverback for it to be a turd, and I would certainly have second thoughts on buying anything else related to or recommended by chappers if that occurred.
    yeah it makes sense, you'll want a good sig amp if youre gonna have sig amp.

although he isnt buying anything, they approached him as he said. its being made for him to his spec and will have back up and/or someone to sort out a dodgy amp whenever he needs, for free. so he doesnt have much to lose. hes obviously gonna big up the amp, seemingly its because it is genuinely awesome. i prefer the silverback spec wise, but the earl possibly in sound. 

i might be sounding like a have something against chappers but thats not at all the case. i watch his videos daily, seems like a great guy, hes funny and hes a very good player. i suppose im just writing down whatever thoughts come into existence haha. 

all i know for sure is the thought of owning a victory is plaguing me haha
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    I had a victory duke briefly which i bought from peach and returned as it had a few problems , switchable fx loop not switching and something wrong on the gain channel with it losing gain, and to be honest it wasn't that great , Im sure others will love them but for me i found them massively overrated.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    leerocker said:
    I had a victory duke briefly which i bought from peach and returned as it had a few problems , switchable fx loop not switching and something wrong on the gain channel with it losing gain, and to be honest it wasn't that great , Im sure others will love them but for me i found them massively overrated.
    that sucks. did you try it out beforehand or just buy it online?

out of interest, what amps do you have/ like?
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    firks91 said:
    leerocker said:
    that sucks. did you try it out beforehand or just buy it online?

out of interest, what amps do you have/ like?

At the time i was using an evh5150 iii , now have a friedman brown eye, Yes i tried it at low levels in the shop but once opened up ii couldnt get on it with, mine was a dud though, It may be worth trying one in person or buying online as you get 7 days return period. 
    ooh a brown eye, nice. 

ahhh right ok, did you try the earl too?

i might just but one online because they do have 20% off till bank holiday monday in order to clear the stock. but i feel like i need to sell my mesa boogie first to justify it haha. 
    Haha in have to sell my mini recto too before I buy a victory, or maybe I should just buy fretmeisters 515kiii if it hasn't gone yet.