VICTORY V30 COUNTESS

What's Hot

Comments

• leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    edited April 2014
    I always use my own ears and bypass what guitarist say.

Funny how every Blackstar gets 5 stars every time ;)
    Same here!

I stopped buying guitarist mag about a year ago
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Think I'm gonna give the V30 a miss for the moment.

Going to try a H&K Grandmeister for my working band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    ive decided to call up my mates house tomorrow to compare the v50 with the victory cab and my old zilla fatboy that i sold him. i want to just be 100% that its the head thats the issue and not the cab design  
    Think I'm gonna give the V30 a miss for the moment.

theyre supposed to be good.
  • Worth a try.

The old Cornford cabs were lovely. My old Rk 4x12 is still my fav cab.
  • firks91;223718" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Think I'm gonna give the V30 a miss for the moment.

theyre supposed to be good.
    I will give it a whirl and send it back if it doesn't do the job. Hoping its good though. Does a lot for the money.
    Worth a try.

The old Cornford cabs were lovely. My old Rk 4x12 is still my fav cab.
    yeah, perhaps the cab will solve the bass issue although i doubt there will be much difference seeing as theyre virtually the same except that the victory has pine sides and the speakers on the fatboy are well broken in
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    That's a bit disappointing what I'm reading here :/ I kept eye on V30 head hoping it's going to be much better quality made and sounding than let's say mini rec, but now I'm less exited. Of course 'the tone' is a subjective thing, but still... Fact that they're just out and people already trying to get them rid of is not a great start. Will have to travel to Guildford to check them out I think.
  • Andertons now have no ETA for the V30.  I'm definitely looking elsewhere now for another brand! 
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I fired my mini rec up for a bit today and think maybe I have gone soft in the head wanting to shift it. Still would like to have a go on the silverback though.
    ok just got back from my mates, comparing the cabs. they sound similar apart from the fact that the zilla has slightly more upper mid/top end and the victory, has slightly more lower mids and tad less top end to it. i now think that putting casters on the victory will definitely help it somewhat with the low end. still cant deny that theres a lot of bass in the v50 though. 

i think i MIGHT of been able to cope with it if it had more clean headroom. although i know i wouldnt have been 100% happy with it.

i'll prob keep the cab. 

and iam still tempted by the v100
  • firks91;224298" said:
    i am still tempted by the v100
    The clean headroom should be better but the overdrive is voiced the same I think so you will still have the problem of it not cutting through the mix.
    firks91;224298" said:
    i am still tempted by the v100
    The clean headroom should be better but the overdrive is voiced the same I think so you will still have the problem of it not cutting through the mix.
    is it? i wasnt sure it was slightly different, but yeah thats what i thought. i wondered however about the resonance and presence knobs on the v100. perhaps they will do the trick.

im thinking of returning the v50 myself so that i can try it at the shop. id love to compare the mk50h ii to the v100
  • Definitely worth trying it in the shop first but you're not going to know if it cuts through until you gig it. But at least you can take that back as well if it still doesn't cut it.

@leerocker had the v100 and plays in a 3 piece and he said yesterday that it wasn't up to it in his band but sounded ok on it's own.
    yeah youre right enough, although i wouldnt want to buy the v100 new to be honest with them for sale so cheap.. i suppose thats not so good because i'll have an equally tough time selling if didnt get on with it either......sigh.

oh yeah he didnt he :(

perhaps i really should just buy the mk50 ii.... i just really like the look and and sound of the victorys. making hard work of this for myself lol 
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    mk50ii was a better amp didnt have a problem with that live at all..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    leerocker said:
    couple of questions:

how would you compare the sound of the mk50ii and v100 aside from the v100 not mixing well? 
    did you ever struggle for clean headroom on the mk50ii?
    did you ever try the mk50ii with el34's?
  • leerocker said:
    +1 however I had my foot switch jacks changed to higher quality locking ones including the one in the amp chassis itself as they could play up if slightly knocked. Was a common issue
  • firks91 said:
    leerocker said:
    couple of questions:

how would you compare the sound of the mk50ii and v100 aside from the v100 not mixing well? 
    did you ever struggle for clean headroom on the mk50ii?
    did you ever try the mk50ii with el34's?
    I never had my issue with getting clean headroom from my mkii and I had bloody loud hard rock drummers. I tried EL34s in mine but have always preferred 6L6's
    good to know. i was pretty shocked that the v50 didnt quite have the headroom.