SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Moderne Replica - aged Cherry REVERSE AUCTION STYLE - £600

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    Still here at a stupidly low price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Well, that didn't work!

Anyone got any advice on how to sell a guitar?   I swear it used to be a lot easier than this.  Maybe I need to stop making niche instruments and just stick to popular copies for boring people ;)  

I need to make some space so have now resorted to ebay, would much prefer to sell here :(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    I am going to reverse auction this as I need to make some space.   Its a damn fine guitar and whoever gets it will be getting a massive bargain...   

So here goes  - £840 delivered in the UK.

It will drop by £30 with every bump roughly every 48 hours
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Changed the amount I am dropping it by to see if we can get some bloody movement here. ..

A stunning hand made relic for only £810
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Nice to see someone lolling this. Classy

Price now £780
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I suspect the LOL was for the exasperated 'bloody' in the "some bloody movement" phrase - made me laugh :)

GLWTS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016

Probably, just seemed to be a pattern on the posts before.

I don't mind too much, although growing exasperation is propbably accurate ;)     It is now comically cheap and will probably be more so by the time it sells. I know its my own fault for insisting on building "niche" guitars. I am okay with that.... mostly :)

I tend to avoid a lot of fluffy sales speak, and am not going to change that too much now....but this is an awesome guitar, its one of my favourite builds.   I have had a lot of fun handing it to people I knew would hate the shape over the last year.  comments like "actually, that's awesome" are common from all the naysayers, and personally I think its only got more awesome since I aged it.  feels great, nice low action, sounds really full, lively and responsive.    You are all missing out!!!

VVVVVV

£750....
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    You should put this on Reverb fella. Too nice to give it away in my opinion.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    edited June 2016
    Its been on reverb 2 months. No bites. If I end up giving it away, so be it
    £720 delivered within the UK

lets put that in perspective....

If this was ordered as a commission I would be charging £1500+ and it would be a bargain at that price.

If this was a 2012 gibson reissue it would be about a grand
    A 80's "reissue" would be about £4-6k

But they a re actual gibsons with massively compromised headstock designs - so its not really comparable

This is probably the  most comparable moderne on the market

Its a handmade luthier project and its reliced.  the good bit about it is its apparently been aged by Tom Murphy.  but obviously the luthier changed the way everything sits on the body quite significantly.   yours for £3k+

So by quite some margin, this is the cheapest Moderne anywhere.   it also happens to be the sexiest, least compromised by bad design choices...... and I would bet on it being the best playing, although that will be hard to prove!

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    It is possibly the worst time that you could be trying to sell a guitar though..... I've got a few things on fleabay at the moment and there's lots of people watching, but no bids.
    If I wanna make more some have to go. Its that simple. Its not about profit at this stage, and I have no problem with someone getting a real bargain from me.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    shows the state of the market really when something is stunning as this cant be shifted , its about £500 over my budget though  :))
    edited June 2016
    mikeyrob73;1117738" said:
    shows the state of the market really when something is stunning as this cant be shifted , its about £500 over my budget though  :))
    Give it time... We may get there. ;)

I have every intention of carrying on with this foolish course until its gone!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27178
    If I was gigging and living in the UK I'd have already bought it :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    edited June 2016
    WezV said:
    mikeyrob73;1117738" said:
    Give it time... We may get there. ;)

I have every intention of carrying on with this foolish course until its gone!!
    im waiting :-) may be a long wait though 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    It's a beautiful thing, it really is! If I was looking for an incredible 2x humbucker guitar, and could afford it... But I'm pretty much sorted, guitar-wise, and fairly skint, also..  :(
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27659
    WezV said:
    If I wanna make more some have to go. Its that simple. Its not about profit at this stage, and I have no problem with someone getting a real bargain from me.
    We're living in different times.

Don't want to derail a FS thread with another discussion of all the causes, but its mad that you can't sell something like this, even at an almost giveaway price.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Lets keep it positive.

I can afford to sell it cheap without struggling to feed the kids.

I had fun making it, but really I want it out in the world.

If it doesn't sell untill the low hundreds, but the owner loves it, I will be happy. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom