Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Grand Tour...

What's Hot

Comments

• He can't be that bad, he once offered my mum a seat on a train
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    He can't be that bad, he once offered my mum a seat on a train
    Well that's a brownie point earned back for him. Good to hear actually.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    His lap?
    My V key is broken
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    His lap?
    Te seat he offered was on the next train

• I have seen it. It's good. Everyone who whinged about Top Gear for the last decade will also whinge about TGT. But they're wrong.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems to have been trailed all over the place ( except the BBC...). Top Gear with posh camera work seems to be what's being pushed. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Watching now.
    Liking it a lot- not massively different to previous TG, which is what people want.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Seems to have been trailed all over the place ( except the BBC...). 
    Hammond and May were on the One Show the other night plugging it. Which I thought was a bit odd actually. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Ha- the Jeremy Renner thing was funny.
  • Yes, bit odd. I keep putting the BBC ( TV or radio) on and then turning it over because it's all bloody Children in Need and getting Grand Tour being promoted instead. 
    May still working for the Beeb though, new series of his assembly programme ( the one where he put a guitar together) on over the Xmas hols.

boogieman said:
    Hammond and May were on the One Show the other night plugging it. Which I thought was a bit odd actually. 

• Really enjoyed it. Only thing that didn't work for me was "The American". 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Might well watch it when I get back from mixing tonight. We might even open one of our wedding champagnes. I think I'm reconciled with the idea that Clarkson is a twat who's still great at entertaining.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited November 2016
    Yes, bit odd. I keep putting the BBC ( TV or radio) on and then turning it over because it's all bloody Children in Need and getting Grand Tour being promoted instead. 
    May still working for the Beeb though, new series of his assembly programme ( the one where he put a guitar together) on over the Xmas hols.

boogieman said:

May looked really awkward when the welsh woman (can't remember her name) asked them if they thought they'd made the right decision moving (what is effectively still TG) away from the BBC. He had to point out that he still worked for them on other things and hoped TG succeeded on the Beeb. He looked a bit cringey that she'd asked though. 

I like James May, he's got the nerdiness of normality about him. Hammond just leaves me cold. Actually no, not cold because I want to punch him sometimes. Comes across as a smirky know all schoolboy who somehow thinks he's a sex god. 
  • May was on Absolute Radio this morning. He skillfully managed to avoid using the words 'Top Gear,' even though he cheerfulky said 'bollocks' on breakfast radio.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I need to watch it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Hammond was on 5 Live on the Beeb this morning too - I enjoyed the program - more of the same. The American was a bit crap tho. I'm in the mix for tickets for the Loch Ness show too!
    I kind of felt there was maybe a bit more awareness of "sponsors" in this one tho - the 3 hyper cars - very diplomatically handled shall we say - no spoilers :)

• I'm still surprised that people are surprised about this. It's basically Top Gear with an Amazon-sized budget.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I'm still surprised that people are surprised about this. It's basically Top Gear with an Amazon-sized budget.
    I think there was still a possibility that it might have massively jumped the shark and been totally shit.

I have Prime, but I can't decide if I'm going to watch it. I didn't watch the last two BBC series (with JC) because it had become so tired and formulaic.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm going to purchase one of those big beer kegs from Morrisons on me way home in preparation. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    It's excellent.