Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Grand Tour...

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    They've already said Season 4 is happening. However it's a change in format - the tent is going and the season will consist of "specials" only - ie big road trips.
    They're finally listening to the viewers, then - the specials have always been the best bit of their shows, by quite some margin.

Not all of them.  The India special was awful.  The Grand Tour might not be great, but it hasn't plumbed those depths.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They've already said Season 4 is happening. However it's a change in format - the tent is going and the season will consist of "specials" only - ie big road trips.
    They're finally listening to the viewers, then - the specials have always been the best bit of their shows, by quite some margin.
    And no more celebrities, guests racing etc. 

"Conversation street" is still there though but it's shorter and therefore bearable.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    It's all the best and worst parts of Top Gear.  
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9674
    It’s childish, unsubtle, and entirely predictable. Love it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I find Hammond and Clarkson's bigotry tiresome. But I've a lot of time for May. And it's worth watching for the photography alone. The 4K HDR really is beautiful.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7009
    I spent Friday in bed having had a stomach bug, so caught up with episode 1 and 2.  All very familiar and usual, though Clarkson's paunch seems to have grown quite a bit since the last series.
    Clarkson looks like he’s swallowed a beach ball. Strange that the rest of him hasn’t inflated in proportion.

Have to say I’m not really enjoying this series as much as the earlier ones.  The humour seems a bit forced.
  • The tribute to Jim Clark in this week's episode is absolutely wonderful.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    The tribute to Jim Clark in this week's episode is absolutely wonderful.
    That was really good.  Much better episode overall as well.  Didn't have the stupidity of that pickup piece in the last one.
  • Agreed, the Jim Clark tribute was exceptionally well done and quite moving. 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited April 2019
    Just watched the final one, and I think this series has been great.

I will admit to moist eyes during the final montage, and the Ford film in this episode was excellent. 

Roll on the “specials”. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    Season Three definitely has been mostly very good. The last two episodes in particular. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Agree with both of you. 

Also - I think moving on to Specials only is a good move- I always enjoyed those the most. I might miss the odd old rally story or supercar review but still... no "tent" = win.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24315
    How much longer can the “Three Stooges in cars” theme be amusing though?

Oh look! - Clarkson’s trying to do something technical and making a hash of it!  He and Hammond are taking the piss out of May!  They’re all bumping into each other and falling about laughing (except for May who’s getting annoyed).  I wonder what they’ll do next week ?!!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Emp_Fab said:

Oh look! - Clarkson’s trying to do something technical and making a hash of it!  He and Hammond are taking the piss out of May!  They’re all bumping into each other and falling about laughing (except for May who’s getting annoyed).  I wonder what they’ll do next week ?!!
    Series 3, episode 14 was the last episode of the current format.
    Clarkson burst into tears when he relayed the news.

Happy now?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798

Cols said:
    I spent Friday in bed having had a stomach bug, so caught up with episode 1 and 2.  All very familiar and usual, though Clarkson's paunch seems to have grown quite a bit since the last series.
    Clarkson looks like he’s swallowed a beach ball. Strange that the rest of him hasn’t inflated in proportion.

Have to say I’m not really enjoying this series as much as the earlier ones.  The humour seems a bit forced.
    Looks like he has ascites, I’m guessing from alcohol abuse.
    He looks seriously unwell in season 3.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4924
    Well, turns out I get Prime free with my EE mobile, so I've just got to sign up.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    prowla said:
    Well, turns out I get Prime free with my EE mobile, so I've just got to sign up.
    Apart from free deliveries probably the best thing with Amazon Prime services.
  • Emp_Fab said:

Don't like it? Don't watch it!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    octatonic said:

Cols said:

Looks like he has ascites, I’m guessing from alcohol abuse.
    He looks seriously unwell in season 3.
    He certainly likes a drink and I'm a little shocked to read he's only 59, he looks older than that

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24315
    Emp_Fab said:

Don't like it? Don't watch it!! 
    I don't.  Well... I used to until the 'flogging the same shtick to death' got boring.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter