Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Grand Tour...

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    I watched on a flight while completely exhausted but I really enjoyed the first one. It's not reinventing anything and it's probably not as good as the very best of the old TG era, but it's miles better than the worst of TG and still better than mountains of other shit on TV.

Flying again on Weds - will watch the Colombia ones then.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7010
    Thought they were quite unkind to Detroit in the first episode of the latest series.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449

Watched the first 3 of the latest series.  Some of it seems a bit contrived, but when they have been going for so long (including the time on TG) it's hard to avoid contrived situations and / or repeating yourself.

As @stickyfiddle said it's still better than most of the stuff on TV.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Watching the 1st of series 3. Same old really but decent enough fun. By god they’re getting harder and harder to look at though - for three blokes not short of a bob or two, they don’t exactly look after themselves.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    dindude said:
    Watching the 1st of series 3. Same old really but decent enough fun. By god they’re getting harder and harder to look at though - for three blokes not short of a bob or two, they don’t exactly look after themselves.

I think that is sort of part of their image. They are going for the "don't care" sort of look.
    dindude said:

I think that is sort of part of their image. They are going for the "don't care" sort of look.
    In the case of May at least, and possibly Clarkson, it's probably not just a look.  They really don't seem to care.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Watched the first episode in Detroit, but forgot about the other episodes tbh.  Will check them out though at some point.  Looking forward to seeing an episode with Porsche represented, perhaps later on in the series.

Was impressed by the new car at the top of the leaderboard though.  Must be special to beat that road-illegal Aston Martin. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Oh dear, watched the first 10 mins of the first Columbia Special - utterly tedious - gay jokes from the 70’s, slap stick comedy that would make Mr Bean, just needs canned laughter. Unwatchable.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    Clarkson and his 2 Sycophants .........like a Public School Praeposter and his 2 Fags
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10273

Will Young's not happy. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/30/will-young-accuses-the-grand-tour-of-homophobic-stereotyping&ved=2ahUKEwiLptbS6ZvgAhXdThUIHZuRCV0QFjALegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0JK7JPXc8R8cirfpr5PeKv&ampcf=1

And I can't blame him.Used to love TG and JC but they really need a rethink if TGT is to continue.Give us a show about cars without all the outdated, unnecessary 'humour'.

For all its faults and crap presenters,I actually prefer the new incarceration of Top Gear. 

I predict a cancellation is on the cards very soon. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • I believe this is the last series anyway.
    I don't think this was homophobia, crap humor based on stereotypes maybe but not hate ridden jokes.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    top gear only worked when they were the naughty boys at the BBC - now they have no 'teacher' to upset they can do what they like... so they just end up making gay jokes. Amazon let them do what they like so they have no one to rebel against. That's why I think its gone sour. 

Its a pity I really liked old Top Gear as  A: I like cars but I don't car how they work ;) and B: We need a few non-PC things around as they world is taking itself too seriously some things are just a JOKE!!!!

I'm looking forward to the new line up of top gear with Fready Flintoff... having listend to his podcast a lot (Flintoff, Savage and the pingpong guy) he's got the right mix of smarts and pulling the piss.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I believe this is the last series anyway.
    I don't think this was homophobia, crap humor based on stereotypes maybe but not hate ridden jokes.
    Clarkson said it wasn't the last series in his Sunday Times column a couple of weeks ago.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • They've already said Season 4 is happening. However it's a change in format - the tent is going and the season will consist of "specials" only - ie big road trips.

• You guys do realise it's not a car show don't you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It has turned pretty weak it must be said.  
    The latest one wasn't great.  That pickup thing was far too contrived.  You could predict all of the mishaps coming a mile off.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    markblack said:

I'm looking forward to the new line up of top gear with Fready Flintoff... having listend to his podcast a lot (Flintoff, Savage and the pingpong guy) he's got the right mix of smarts and pulling the piss.
    I really enjoy those podcasts.  He's very funny and a much more interesting, complex person than his public image suggests.

However... I think Matthew Syed keeps that show anchored.  Freddie is still perfectly capable of going into twat mode and I fear that's what he'll be like on Top Gear.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    I might renew my Prime subscription for a while - long enough to watch that.
  • They've already said Season 4 is happening. However it's a change in format - the tent is going and the season will consist of "specials" only - ie big road trips.
    They're finally listening to the viewers, then - the specials have always been the best bit of their shows, by quite some margin.
    <space for hire>