The Ugliest Car Ever Made?

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28920
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    To be fair to the Ewok, the convertible version looks much, much worse.
    I'm not sure. At least there's some point in it having a rear view mirror.
    :D

But look how tiny the driver looks - the problem with the Ewok convertible is that it's misproportioned - it looks a lot smaller than it is. Hence not many photos of it clearly showing anyone in it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    Bucket said:

it looks like an arse
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72827
    ThorpyFX said:

it looks like an arse
    I think it's where the term "ass-backwards" comes from.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1594
    anything Leepu on Chop Shop butchers... some of his fine work.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1453
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16226
    CITROEN - have designed the most ICONIC automotive design ever - the DS  and that is official
    It is regarded as one of the 5 most influential of all designs of the 20th century
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 500
    I find the BMW X6 offensive. Awful looking things.
    They are offensive. School bullies grow up and buy BMW X6s and Porsche Cayennes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not a big fan, but I'd say the Cayenne is almost immeasurably less ugly than the X6.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9630
    Bucket said:
    Winner winner chicken dinner...

That is TRULY awful !
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    This is pretty bad. Owners used to say you could fit a proper mattress in the back but neglected to mention no women would even talk to you if you had one.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    edited May 2016
    mudslide73;1087491" said:
    This is pretty bad. Owners used to say you could fit a proper mattress in the back but neglected to mention no women would even talk to you if you had one.
    Umm, I had one. My wife at the time liked it too! It was actually a very comfortable car, with decent hydrolastic suspension and the front seats were huge. Unfortunately it was also made by British Leyland, so eventually it rusted to bits, but not before we'd ploughed loads of money into keeping the bastard thing on the road. :(
    My mum had a Maxi.

I have no strong memories of it, other than that it was a particularly nice shade of blue.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7873

we had one of those when I was a kid - its finest moment was shedding a hubcap when we were on our way to a holiday in Norfolk - due to the flatness of the ground and lack of field boundaries it took off at a tangent and kept going for at least half a mile before being lost to sight. I found this far funnier than my parents did.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 260
    I find the BMW X6 offensive. Awful looking things.
    They are offensive. School bullies grow up and buy BMW X6s and Porsche Cayennes.
    Glad i'm not the only one that thinks this. 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Bucket said:
    I promise you this is real.
    I suspect the bloke that designed the front end had just come back from seeing a Dizzy Gillespie gig

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/media/large/7/e/6/9d292728dfdc11e769c4d96fd4881.jpg
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6208
    edited May 2016
    The Nisson Cube is pretty unpleasant..

And as a kid I always thought the Hillman Minx was a bit of a munter.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Got to mention the Chrysler PT Cruiser too...

My parents actually had one exactly like that for a few years. We got one of the very earliest ones when they came out in 2000. I still don't quite know why they thought it was a good idea, especially after test driving a then-current mk1 Focus and a Honda HR-V but somehow still settling on a massive kitsch American hearse. It was quirky and fun and ironic and cool for perhaps five minutes, then it just looked deeply tragic. It was fairly big on the outside but badly packaged so nowhere near as roomy inside as you'd expect or hope, and had a turning circle comparable to the cargo ship that brought it to the UK.

And obviously it's a late-90s/early-00s American car so the interior was made from melted-down Action Man dolls, nothing quite fitted together properly and then it all fell apart after a few years. Shit car.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    Bucket said:
    every car should have huge hooters and headlamps!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Got to mention the Chrysler PT Cruiser too...

http://www.motorstown.com/images/chrysler-pt-cruiser-limited-edition-02.jpg

My parents actually had one exactly like that for a few years. We got one of the very earliest ones when they came out in 2000. I still don't quite know why they thought it was a good idea, especially after test driving a then-current mk1 Focus and a Honda HR-V but somehow still settling on a massive kitsch American hearse. It was quirky and fun and ironic and cool for perhaps five minutes, then it just looked deeply tragic. It was fairly big on the outside but badly packaged so nowhere near as roomy inside as you'd expect or hope, and had a turning circle comparable to the cargo ship that brought it to the UK.

And obviously it's a late-90s/early-00s American car so the interior was made from melted-down Action Man dolls, nothing quite fitted together properly and then it all fell apart after a few years. Shit car.
    There was some economic thing going on that made US cars affordable in that period. I knew someone who had a Chrysler Neon which was okay if basic.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.