EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBM;1089626" said:
    The problem is distribution, not numbers. Scotland actually needs more people - the population is falling.

The other problem is lack of investment in new housing, schools, hospitals and all the rest of the things we need to handle the numbers, and which would itself boost the economy.

Both of these things need proactive government to fix, not throwing up their hands and leaving it to market forces.
    Agreed but it's hard for the government to invest more money when they're paying out such huge sums of cash in benefits to the majority that are here for the free handouts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The problem is to your average person, London and the South East is more attractive to live in. That's why the distribution is the way it is.

Improve the north, improve Scotland, improve Wales and you'll see London levels of immigration.

And then lets see how you like it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    See it is so hard to focus and make my mind up when there is so much bs involved. Up untill a week ago I was a solid remain now I'm 50/50 but if forced I would say leave. But the majority of wankers in the world (not saying anyone fr this forum, like neighbours who are twats and racist Pete from down the road etc) are voting leave. That with BJ farage and Mr trump all in leave camp makes me think it is the wanker choice.

But then Cameron, George et al all voting remain doesn't help either.

Every day I switch between leaning towards one way or the other at the moment. People who are saying it is an obvious choice I think aren't taking the other side seriously. There are defenately good points and potential on each side.
    I'm just not sure which side is more likley to tell the truth and which side is spurting the most bullshit. Going to spend a lot of time in the days running up to the decision watching and doing more research.

-

Fun fact, last year before the election I did a political compass test and ended up a liberal lefty (halfway between labour and green leftie wise).

Did one last night, when I was feeling particularly cynical I must say, and I was right of center and liberal, but a bit less than before.

That's a fairly big change in a year. This decision will affect the rest of my life. If my mind changes that much in a year what happens in 10,20,50 years? Will I look back and regret my decision.

I know as you age there is a trend of going from left to right wing, but do people change a lot in there late teens/early 20s and then stay that way, or do you keep changing with age?
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    hugbot said:
    i flipped a coin.
    May as well do this. We dont know 100%what will happen either way if we stay or leave, and, as usually happens, what we are told might or will happen usually disappears or gets changed after the decision has been made. Im fed up of hearing rumours that might be facts, facts that are just rumours, numbers that are just guesses, in vs out, Brexit, scaremongering and the like that I avoid the media even more than usual.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

And It really fucks me off that I'm sitting here litterally spending days-weeks-months making my mind up, and the majority of people just say "fucking polish, I'm voting leave" or equally for the other side.

Both our votes are worth the same. 75%+ of the population have given less than a few mins thought to it, yet they are the ones that will decide the UKs future? Fuck this man
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited May 2016

ICBM said:
    The problem is distribution, not numbers. Scotland actually needs more people - the population is falling.

The other problem is lack of investment in new housing, schools, hospitals and all the rest of the things we need to handle the numbers, and which would itself boost the economy.

Both of these things need proactive government to fix, not throwing up their hands and leaving it to market forces.
    There's not enough work in Scotland and there are a lot of Scots living in England. I can't see immigrants wanting to go to Scotland. Immigrants come here to work as they want to improve their lives - where I live we have more jobs than workers so we're a migrant magnet. I have no problem with this but the government needs to build infrastructure - we need more houses, schools roads a new hospital. Labour ignored demands as did the coalition and now the Tories. But is it realistic to build for 330,000 immigrants every year?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9969
    Fortheloveofguitar;1088926" said:
    [quote="thecolourbox;1088888"][quote="Fortheloveofguitar;1088781"]Those who think that we can reform from within are blind

Merkel has her own agenda. She calls the shots and has the final say in everything that the EU passes

She trampled all over Cameron and his so called demands. The U.K looks pretty pathetic and weak right now
    That suggests we need a less shit leader to me more than anything[/quote]

Possibly yes but Merkel won't allow anyone to sway her from her agenda

There's nothing that will stop her even if we leave

At least we will be out of it and leave the rest to crumble in what is already a sinking ship [/quote]

But if our limp leaders can't negotiate with the EU whilst within it, what chance will they have negotiating these fabled trade agreements with then once out of it?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

The overall impression I am sensing is that people don't want a democracy because they are too scared to take responsibility for their decisions, so would rather leave it up to politicians to decide for them.

Great...Just great.

Let's just elect Hitler or Stalin and call it a day eh?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72948
    edited May 2016
    Fretwired said:
    There's not enough work in Scotland and there are a lot of Scots living in England. I can't see immigrants wanting to go to Scotland. Immigrants come here to work as they want to improve their lives - where I live we have more jobs than workers so we're a migrant magnet. I have no problem with this but the government needs to build infrastructure - we need more houses, schools roads a new hospital. Labour ignored demands as did the coalition and now the Tories. But is it realistic to build for 330,000 immigrants every year?
    Yes, easily. It just takes the political will to do it.

As it does to give the tax incentives for businesses and people to move to parts of the country where there is less work and more space.

Agreed but it's hard for the government to invest more money when they're paying out such huge sums of cash in benefits to the majority that are here for the free handouts
    Except that they're not. Most are here to work.

Migrants are less likely to claim benefits than the UK-born population, and contribute a net boost to the UK economy. You can check the figures if you like.

This is another of the big myths of the Leave campaign, and like a lot of others it's fairly easy to find out that it's factually wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    So who's voting what then? Put your cards on the table.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8566
    My strongest opinion on the subject is that Brexit is a word that should be banished.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I'm tired of all these arguments about whats "best for britain" to be honest. Which way do I vote if I want to burn it all down?
  • Drew_fx;1089633" said:
    The problem is to your average person, London and the South East is more attractive to live in. That's why the distribution is the way it is.

Improve the north, improve Scotland, improve Wales and you'll see London levels of immigration.

And then lets see how you like it.
    I'm in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and we now have a huge amount of poles and Romanians here
    hugbot;1089741" said:
    I'm tired of all these arguments about whats "best for britain" to be honest. Which way do I vote if I want to burn it all down?
    In
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 264
    I'm out. Looking past all the frankly ridiculous fear mongering by both 'official' sides of the campaign and digging quite deep for myself i've made my mind up and i'm voting out. 

I don't like the way the EU is going, the coming 'EU army',Juncker flat out saying the EU would have shut Hofer out if he had won in Austria because ideology trumps democracy, TTIP (Which is why Obama wants us to to stay in).

I'm not against immigration, in fact i think it can be a good thing but do we really need more Eastern Europeans washing cars at the side of the road for £4 a pop??  

Its a shame we have such a weak government, because my answer to their fear campaign has been "Well if we leave and all this bad shit happens then you must be fucking useless if you can't make the situation work for us". 

In my opinion the EU is a sinking ship, and we need to get off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72948
    hugbot said:
    Ask Trump which way he would vote, then do that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited May 2016

I think turnout size will have a big affect on the result of the EU referendum.    I've been waiting over twenty years for this vote, but I don't doubt that many aren't sufficiently interested to vote.

I hope the turnout is low; that way there is a better chance of a Leave result, imo.

If the turnout is high, I envisage it will involve a lot of indecisive, apathetic and ignorant people voting, and that could swing the result to Remain.

The result could be Remain due to the votes of indecisive and cautious women :p
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5062
    I would have liked voting to have been compulsory on this one.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    littlegreenman;1089832" said:
    Then people who didn't know (and wouldn't ha be bothered voting) would vote 'in' because they would rather something they know than something they don't.
    That would be unfair. Which is exactly why I'm surprised Cameron didn't go for it.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5062
    Mkjackary said:
    littlegreenman;1089832" said:
    Then people who didn't know (and wouldn't ha be bothered voting) would vote 'in' because they would rather something they know than something they don't.
    That would be unfair. Which is exactly why I'm surprised Cameron didn't go for it.
    It would be representative of the wishes of the whole eligible voting population, it would be "democratic".
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited May 2016
    People have a right to say 'fuck it' I don't won't to vote.

I do wonder why more voters aren't more suspicious that all the people telling us that remain is the best option are multi millionaires with a vested interest. The moment David Cameron, Osborne and all their banker and business chums come on TV saying 'remain is the only option' I feel like we're being conned again. Keep the status quo, keep the gravy train for the rich .. maybe it's time for a change. Vote out and create a more egalitarian society. The EU only promotes elites and throws us plebs a few bones from the top table like cheap flights and mobile phone calls.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!