SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

The Organ of the Thoughtful Strummer - Guitar Quarterly

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
Hello chaps

I wasn't sure where best to put this, but  guess it will move soon enough if I have gone wrong. (@TTony just shift it if it is a nuisance)

Anyway, wanted to let you know about something new from Jookyland, as the guitar making daze is behind me and every vacuum gets filled by a bag, or something.

So we've all moaned about guitar magazines recycling the same 3 stories, 4-Starring, this year's Strat or Tele, Gibson's latest attempt at a '59, JB and his endorsemental circus du jour. 

And it made me think that perhaps it was time to try something different, and that an almost anti-guitar magazine would be something I'd buy, though as there isn't one, I obviously couldn't.

So to cut a long tale, I decided to launch a boutique, lo-fi, analogue guitar magazine in January 2017. 

It will be quite different (to put it mildly) as it will be more like a literary mag than a glossy shiny thing, coming out quarterly as a cloth bound hardback with a nice jacket, articles that are in depth, and rather than being aimed at this year's contestants from Namm, we'll be reviewing Vintage instruments and concentrating on all the cool boutique builders we have in the UK and a handful from beyond.

So from there I have spent the last couple of weeks inviting all sorts of guitarists, luthiers, amp makers, pedal gurus, pickup winders and err, other people to do interviews so that we can write meaningful articles about them, and it has gone through the roof as nearly everybody has agreed to come and play. I can't actually believe some of the guitarists that said yes - I think I should have tried to sell timeshares.

Anyway, enough already. The idea is that we're collecting email addresses by asking vaguely interested people to join in on our web site www.guitarquarterly.co.uk and that later in the year assuming all continues to flourish, we will invite people to subscribe and then go from there.

If you want to sign-up, it would be lovely (I won't bug you any more than I normally do on here) scouts honour, but if you don't, no problem, just let your more discerning friends know about it instead ;o)

Mucho appreciated-o

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16823
    signed up this morning :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    You're a star Mr V. :)

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1273
    Sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing more in future. Signed up.

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003

Now that definitely sounds interesting. Good Luck

Cheers chaps..

Err, what I mean to say was this..

Us chaps in Jookyland are proud to say that we'll be launching Guitar Quarterly, a new guitar magazine in January 2017.

It is going to be quite different to the normal guitar magazine.

1. It will be produced as a cloth bound hardback with a matte jacket

2. It will be available by subscription only, no eBooks or web versions

3. It will be mono, analogue and lo-fi, no glossy photos and reviews of this year's version of the same old Fender and Gibson guitars

4. We will be focusing on the Vintage and the Boutique for our articles. Articles will be as big as they need to be, groovy as funk

5. We will have in depth interviews with new and long established artists and bands. You seriously won't believe some of the people we have got lined-up already.

6. We won't be giving 4* reviews, we won't be reliant on advertisers and scared to offend and most of all we won't be compromising on any thing at all.

What we do need though is support, and I would love it if you would spread the word to other guitarists, and ask that you (and they) sign up at our web site www.guitarquarterly.co.uk.

Subscriptions will be by invitation only in late summer, so you need to be a member of the site if you want to join our happy throng.

Yada - brain, sieve/dangerous

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2198
    Signed up. Can't wait. :-)
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I've signed up.

My only comment would be that it's difficult to check what you're typing on the "Contact Us" Form. Gold on Black looks smart, but not good from the point of view of visibility.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Awesome just registered I hope it goes well for you @JookyChap
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27772
    JookyChap said:
    Subscriptions will be by invitation only
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm allowed a subscription.

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Sounds good
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Paisley cloth, surely..!?

Signed up through the other fb, earlier.. :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @TTony said:
    JookyChap said:
    Subscriptions will be by invitation only

;)
    Depends on whether I get hit by the Spam Hammer or not :)

• shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Signed up. Good luck with the new venture.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

I've signed up.

My only comment would be that it's difficult to check what you're typing on the "Contact Us" Form. Gold on Black looks smart, but not good from the point of view of visibility.
    Good point. I would like to point out that as a baggie - gold and black was nothing to do with me...

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    Thats me registered and waiting eagerly to know if I'm one of the chosen ones
    TTony said:

dean2371 said:
    Thats me registered and waiting eagerly to know if I'm one of the chosen ones
    Yeah, I should probably explain that...I'm a little worried if there are more than 20 copies to post, it'll take me too long to scorch the covers and acid dip the envelopes

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    Sounds cool. I'd also be up for contributing if you need that kind of thing. :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Signed up.

Can't wait, thanks Mark.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Is it open to those of us not in England's green and pleasant land? ( I'm going to sign up anyway)  :)  .
    @Richardj Yes, of course. Anywhere the postie can get it too, though I'm not sure you'd want me to translate it... :)