David Cameron has resigned

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
Not sure what to say......wow
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Going in October. Wow, big day.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited June 2016
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Not a shock considering is it?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28388
    Well, at least one good thing has come of this then.

Depending on who succeeds him of course.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I think it's a bit much, are people going to resign over having a bad sandwhich next?
    News presenters are shocking for always goading politicians into quitting over some mistake or other.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    I imagine pigs around the country are terrified right now...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    He clearly had no choice.  The EU didn't take the leave threat seriously and the "deal" he got reflected that.  He could and should have negotiated something better.  If he had then the outcome today might have been different.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited June 2016
    What else could he do? It was a choice of jump or be pushed. Go at a time of his choice or wait for the inexorable exit to be determined by others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

About time.

Osborne next - hopefully

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited June 2016
    I suspect Osbourne is like Brown and thinks the PM job is his destiny. It isn't of course but he's not a man to be bound by reality.... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Cameron called the referendum but lost it. He couldn't have possibly governed a country who voted against him, he had to go.
    He also said he would trigger article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty if we voted out. By quitting, will that still happen? 
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    I think that is one of the best speeches he has ever given, and I think he has rather selflessly "taken one for the team".

I think what he has said is pretty much what was needed and the best thing he could have done.

Fingers crossed that a strong candidate comes out to take over our country in this fragile time.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Good.

Boris probably the next PM... bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Like I said in the other thread. Our government/leadership isn't strong enough.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    Showing integrity until the bitter end.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    siremoon said:
    He clearly had no choice.  The EU didn't take the leave threat seriously and the "deal" he got reflected that.  He could and should have negotiated something better.  If he had then the outcome today might have been different.
    The thing is, he probably went into the meeting with a "this is never going to happen so you guys have nothing to worry about anyway" type attitude.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    ICBM;1123327" said:
    Good.

Boris probably the next PM... bad.
    Fingers crossed either another candidate comes out and is strong, or that Boris wisens up and stops being a goofy wanker.

Boris wouldn't be ideal, but if he wisens up and smartens up and stops being a twat and doing zip lines then he could strengthen his case.

Long way to go yet, but for me I'd rather a stronger less soppy Boris than a give or a priti Patel, and definitely better than a Theresa May.

Maybe Ruth Davidson could have a shout
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5159
    I think it's a bit much, are people going to resign over having a bad sandwhich next?
    News presenters are shocking for always goading politicians into quitting over some mistake or other.
    I think it's sensible. For one thing he campaigned on the wrong side of the issue, suggesting he's at odds with the will of the "great" British public. For another, there's a shitstorm coming which, if I were PM, I wouldn't want to be weathering. Better to leave it to Boris. He wanted a leave vote, he got one. Let's see him make good on all those "don't worry, it'll all be fine" promises.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    Regardless what you think about the EU or about Cameron, the following image is a great descriptor for Democracy.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    At least he didn't call an election, which would have the icing on the cake....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.