Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What exactly is Jeremy Corbyn's plan?

What's Hot

Comments

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    If somebody with half a clue was organizing said train stunt they would have done the following. 

1) Don´t have a go at Virgin / Stage Coach. Branson is very adept at media and publicity, and Souter is by a mile the best road and rail operator in the UK. Their are plenty of services you can really have a go at (The Northern Line is an obvious one, genuine hell on earth, but that is state run) without what you are saying being very different to consumer experience. 

2) It is not hard to organise a voyage in a stuffed train. Travel to Cardiff during a Rugby international for example. YOu don´t need to pretend it is a stuffed train. 

3) Neither is it hard to organise a journey on a shit train. (Clue they are not run by Virgin)

All his threats have achieved is that nobody will invest in UK infrastructure until someone else runs the Labour party. Foot at least had an intellect and was reasonably educated. Corbyn carries neither the baggage of intellect nor the advantage of education. The man really is a first class idiot. Nigel Farage running th country would lead to less poverty... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22410

If I ate a newspaper and a big jar of figs and then spent ten mintues the next morning shitting out the aftereffects onto a piece of paper before publishing that piece of paper verbatim as a news story, it would still have more journalistic gravitas than the fucking Canary. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Evilmags said:
    If somebody with half a clue was organizing said train stunt they would have done the following. 

But they don't have a clue. Momentum as Corbyn's PR team and main source of online interaction with the electorate is like employing the cast Why Don't You? as your PR team. 

You and I exist in very different social and political spheres. Others in this thread equally as critical do as well. The only ones who don't see it are delusional. 

I hope Corbyn wins the leadership by a big margin. I then hope he loses in 2020 by an even bigger margin. Like you, I see nothing other than an absolute voting triumph for May in 2020.  

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12035

If I ate a newspaper and a big jar of figs and then spent ten mintues the next morning shitting out the aftereffects onto a piece of paper before publishing that piece of paper verbatim as a news story, it would still have more journalistic gravitas than the fucking Canary. 

yes, I read one other story on there (another anti-Branson one), and the most basic google search  demonstrated that they had  changed  lots of  details   to make it seem ten times worse. They seem to get quite a few hecklers in their comments  though,  they'll have to stamp that out ;-)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

yes, I read one other story on there (another anti-Branson one), and the most basic google search  demonstrated that they had  changed  lots of  details   to make it seem ten times worse. They seem to get quite a few hecklers in their comments  though,  they'll have to stamp that out ;-)
    Well the Guardian no longer has a user comments section, so no reason why that couldn't be the solution! Y'know... balls to free speech.
    Drew_fx said:

Well the Guardian no longer has a user comments section, so no reason why that couldn't be the solution! Y'know... balls to free speech.
    But I thought they'd given up being a newspaper ;-), it's been largely a collection of opinion pieces  the last time I got a free copy at Waitrose or Booths.  I've given up with it, and now get a free Times or Telegraph.

And on the guardian  site we had

Virgin Trains controversy 'has helped Jeremy Corbyn's leadership bid'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/24/virgin-rail-controversy-has-helped-jeremy-corbyns-leadership-bid ;

and there are comments enabled @Drew_fx ;,  plenty of fun being had  there
    Ah it must be article specific then - anything too 'triggering' gets the comments section disabled.

And on the guardian  site we had

Virgin Trains controversy 'has helped Jeremy Corbyn's leadership bid'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/24/virgin-rail-controversy-has-helped-jeremy-corbyns-leadership-bid ;

and there are comments enabled @Drew_fx ;,  plenty of fun being had  there
    on reflection , they may be correct -  winning the leadership of Labour at present  requires a very different facade to the one I would wish
    edited August 2016
    Drew_fx said:

It's a commercial website and it's their choice. No different to this place cutting certain topics or I would imagine your own FXpansion forum would react if I started writing about the wonder of Nazi politics on there (this does depend on there not being a secret Geist Reich). Moderating a load of website comment costs money and most newspapers haven't got money to piss down the drain right now. Most places offer a restricted amount of commentary compared to a decade ago. The Grauniad has cut back. The BBC cut back on the sports 606 ages ago and Have Your Say is a lot rarer. The Telegraph has done the same since the website was redesigned to be more tablet friendly. For regionals, comments sections are used to drag punters in and to get adverts playing. Most big titles don't take the same approach because it interrupts the reading process and looks a bit shit. Really the Mail online bucks the trend because they do have the cash to spend on employing people to weed out the bullshit comments and the ones that get legal departments worried. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Private Eye has been hammering the Canary since they started and rightly so. 

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    The 4th picture down on that Canary garbage isn't even a Virgin train
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    Drew_fx said:

It's a commercial website and it's their choice. No different to this place cutting certain topics or I would imagine your own FXpansion forum would react if I started writing about the wonder of Nazi politics on there (this does depend on there not being a secret Geist Reich). Moderating a load of website comment costs money and most newspapers haven't got money to piss down the drain right now. Most places offer a restricted amount of commentary compared to a decade ago. The Grauniad has cut back. The BBC cut back on the sports 606 ages ago and Have Your Say is a lot rarer. The Telegraph has done the same since the website was redesigned to be more tablet friendly. For regionals, comments sections are used to drag punters in and to get adverts playing. Most big titles don't take the same approach because it interrupts the reading process and looks a bit shit. Really the Mail online bucks the trend because they do have the cash to spend on employing people to weed out the bullshit comments and the ones that get legal departments worried. 

Hmmm I might delete Nazi propoganda, but I'd defend them in house and send them an NFR package!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1037
    Jeremy Corbyn has a plan - who knew :)
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmmm I might delete Nazi propoganda, but I'd defend them in house and send them an NFR package!
    I'd send the Nazis round to TheoM's house in Australia and let him sermonise them to death. 

• randellarandella Frets: 4342

<3 

Can't help thinking Britain could do with a change. If it doesn't work out, at least you'll know.

I don't like Corbyn one little bit, but he was always going to win it.  I cast my vote against him, and that's that.  I'll be honest, much as I'd rather he wasn't going to win it, a few of the NEC's and PLP's tactics to try and hobble the vote haven't sat well with me.  The whole thing's been ugly as sin.

Time will tell what happens next.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6402
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23352
    Jalapeno said:

So it would involve flared trousers, kipper ties, trade unionists in smoke-filled rooms calling each other "brother" or "comrade", and sitting around in candlelight during the power cuts.

I know there was a three day week as well, but it didn't apply to our school, unfortunately.

Oh, and... Arctic Roll.