Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What exactly is Jeremy Corbyn's plan?

What's Hot

Comments

• Climate change deniers can get back in their wind turbine powered oven...

I was actually thinking about Muslims and cartoons of Mohammed. If gags about the Holocaust are ruled out due to emotional sensibilities, then would that strengthen the case for cartoons of Mohammed to be banned? I can think of people I've known who would baulk at telling Holocaust gags but who didn't hold back on Diana gags after she died. 

This shortbread is done. It's bloody awesome. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23059
    Climate change deniers can get back in their wind turbine powered oven...

When Nigel Lawson's cooked... give him an extra half hour.

It sounded good - very good - when you mentioned it before, but I couldn't work out if it was a clever political joke I wasn't getting....

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    No one hire Crosby (who if one was into stereotypes the phrase bogun cunt would spring to mind) for any reason other than to win. Goldsmith was a crap candidate, who had no understanding of London so he lost, and it's very hard to feel sorry for him. 

However,  for a Labour leader, putting yourself In a position where you can be legitimately accused by the Tories of racism is so blindingly incompetent that it defies belief. The very fact that female MPs are recieving rape and death threats from hard left activists is utterly appalling. Corbyn's supporters have unleashed this. It has no place is British life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22248
    edited September 2016
    Philly_Q said:

It sounded good - very good - when you mentioned it before, but I couldn't work out if it was a clever political joke I wasn't getting....

Ha! I can picture the scene now...

The man on the grassy knoll in Islington gets the call on his ear piece. He takes aim and fires multiple rounds. 

12 seconds later, Mr Corbyn lies on the pavement. He received four shots to the head, the third punctured his skull, leaving a sizeable portion of his brain tissue spread over two fixie bicycles chained to the railings of the brunch joint he was stood outside. Several member of Momentum were caught in the crossfire, a fusion of blood, humus, never read pamphlets from the SWP, and iPhones. People are too shocked to even Tweet. 

17 seconds later, home base receive the reply from the grassy knoll. 

"This shortbread is done. It's bloody awesome". 

Politics and baking will never be the same again. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evilmags said:
    No one hire Crosby (who if one was into stereotypes the phrase bogun cunt would spring to mind) for any reason other than to win. Goldsmith was a crap candidate, who had no understanding of London so he lost, and it's very hard to feel sorry for him. 

However,  for a Labour leader, putting yourself In a position where you can be legitimately accused by the Tories of racism is so blindingly incompetent that it defies belief. The very fact that female MPs are recieving rape and death threats from hard left activists is utterly appalling. Corbyn's supporters have unleashed this. It has no place is British life. 

Crosby is indeed a bogun cunt and he has a track record of success. The fact is that you have a Tory party who knighted him for public services when he has a lengthy list of dodgy bullshit now going full out on Labour for their dodgy bullshit. There is no moral high ground here. I don't see anyone as being gleaming and clean here between the main two parties. Labour have their shit, the Tories have their own shit. 

Rape threats don't have any place in British life but this notion that they have come about because of Corbyn supporters is not one I agree with. When Jess Phillips had her spat with Phillip Davies in 2015, I somewhat doubt all of those threats were coming from hard left activists (nor the threats she received in 2016). Going further back to 2013 and the threats received by Caroline Criado-Perez and Stella Creasy... again, it is unlikely to be entirely the work of hard left activists. Get away from politics and you can have someone as unimportant as Chloe Madeley reporting the same.

Rape as a threat has become incredibly normalized, which is not pleasant at all. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 28657

Rape threats don't have any place in British life but this notion that they have come about because of Corbyn supporters is not one I agree with.
    Agreed - and I think it's pretty vile to use the rape threats as ammunition in petty political squabbles.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72573
    It all depends on how much of this is genuine, and how much is invented or exaggerated by right-wing bloggers and media for the purpose of harming Corbyn and Labour.

If it's true it's deeply worrying. If it's not, it's also worrying.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774

I was actually thinking about Muslims and cartoons of Mohammed. If gags about the Holocaust are ruled out due to emotional sensibilities, then would that strengthen the case for cartoons of Mohammed to be banned? I can think of people I've known who would baulk at telling Holocaust gags but who didn't hold back on Diana gags after she died. 

Banning jokes is a dangerous road to go down, regardless of how distasteful they might be.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    lloyd said:

Banning jokes is a dangerous road to go down, regardless of how distasteful they might be.
    I agree with this however I would say that there is a difference between a joke and an insult. I know the old adage of "offence is taken and not given" but this isn't always true. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    LIstening to R5 this morning, and other news channels. I don't like Corbyn at all, but I think there is a very clear bias against him in most major media outlets. This seems to be increasing where he is on a fast descent into total ridicule from all quarters. LOoks like the Labour conference is disatrous too. UNless, and quite conceivably, my perception is down to biased reporting.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited September 2016
    I quite like Corbyn - says what he thinks and sometimes speaks before he's thought things through - refreshing; no spin. And tax the rich, remove tuition fees, £10 minimum wage, controlled immigration, high corporation tax, high inheritance tax and so forth are going to be popular.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    shaunm said:
    lloyd said:

I agree with this however I would say that there is a difference between a joke and an insult. I know the old adage of "offence is taken and not given" but this isn't always true. 
    There's a pretty clear difference between a joke and an insult, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    shaunm said:
    lloyd said:

Yes it is.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It's possible to hate Israel and not hate Jews. If anybody knows how, please tell me.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I take it we've all seen Momentum's book of fifty poems in tribute to Jezza?

£10 a pop at the Labour conference. They're incredible. 

Someone crept in
    and lit a candle in our hearts
    that someone happened
    to be him

This is an actual real thing. I shit you not. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I take it we've all seen Momentum's book of fifty poems in tribute to Jezza?

£10 a pop at the Labour conference. They're incredible. 

Someone crept in
    and lit a candle in our hearts
    that someone happened
    to be him

This is an actual real thing. I shit you not. 

I saw the Telegraph and Mail articles on this. Both were full of pointed Jezza-baiting glee with the usual mocking air. The short summary would be: two newspapers who rely on pissweak clickbait involving side boobs, ample assets, and other tit-based nonsense claim some moral high ground on someone else's tacky nonsense. 

Colouring books are everywhere. Take a look at the Poldark colouring book in your local Morrisons for instance. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    lloyd said:
    shaunm said:
    lloyd said:

There's a pretty clear difference between a joke and an insult, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here?
    My point was that banning jokes is a terrible idea. However banning insults is not a bad idea. 

Some people do not think that there is a difference. I.e newspapers who print deliberately inflammatory headlines but in a tongue in cheek way. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    edited September 2016
    holnrew said:
    It's possible to hate Israel and not hate Jews. If anybody knows how, please tell me.
    I think that if by 'Israel' you mean 'Israeli policy', it's perfectly possible fundamentally to disagree with it, even 'hate' it, without hating Jewish people, just like you could despise a lot of English policy but not hate the English people. We don't have to hate people to disagree with them - they're just like us after all. Doesn't mean you have to like their decisions. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    holnrew said:
    I think that if by 'Israel' you mean 'Israeli policy', it's perfectly possible fundamentally to disagree with it, even 'hate' it, without hating Jewish people, just like you could despise a lot of English policy but not hate the English people. We don't have to hate people to disagree with them - they're just like us after all. Doesn't mean you have to like their decisions. 
    I  agree, people get too precious about this sort of stuff
    I was raised and educated as a Catholic, and (although admittedly  I am not religious) I take no insult if anyone  criticizes the catholic church