How many amps do you have?

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Only problem with that is cost upon cost - I'll take a look into it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Marshall JTM50
    Ceriatone OTS 
    Holland L'll Jimi Combo
    Matamp 1224
    Mesa Lone Star Classic 100
    Yamaha THR10C

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    I'm down to 2. A Marshall DSL5C and a Blackstar HT40 Club which to date is the best amp I've owned and is getting a lot of use at the moment. Both of them bought from the Fretboard incidentally.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    miserneil said:
    Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on The Big Trees @Moe_Zambeek, been wanting to check one out for ages.
    @miserneil I'll do a separate thread on it...though I can't do clips easily.

Short response is I love it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on The Big Trees @Moe_Zambeek, been wanting to check one out for ages.
    @miserneil I'll do a separate thread on it...though I can't do clips easily.

Short response is I love it :)
    Lovely Jubbly, ta :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
    Blackheart BH15H
    Jetcity JCA22H
    Broadway 1955 catalogue amp - Now residing with son in his room on permanent loan it seems!!

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Vox AC4, 10" version with a VVR mod replacing the wattage selector. Mainly home use, but I have gigged with it.
    Fender Pro Junior, early 90s tween version.
    Vox AC30HW with a blue and a greenback.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Only problem with that is cost upon cost - I'll take a look into it...
    It's an extra £20 from IKEA if you use your head about it.

;)
    I was checking ID260 dimensions and it might be ok actually - my mjw will be able to sit on top of it and not the other way round. Feel I should try something different but will see
    ICBM said:
    @Deadman, I agree. Still considering an ID60 as backup , just a shame it's not smaller
    Have it re-housed. It shouldn't be hard to make up a four-sided box to hold the chassis.
    Maybe I can have my existing ID260 re-housed!? It'd probably be cheaper than selling it and buying the head.

Is there anybody you know does this sort of thing and can make my own funky head?m
    Didn't somebody have a picture of the ID internals? I'd love to see that....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72380
    edited July 2016
    thomasross20 said:

Maybe I can have my existing ID260 re-housed!? It'd probably be cheaper than selling it and buying the head.

Is there anybody you know does this sort of thing and can make my own funky head?m
    If I can find an ID60 head going cheap I'll swap you for it and see what I can do about the box :).

Didn't somebody have a picture of the ID internals? I'd love to see that....
    Me.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/Wm6ag

A couple of the most useful pics…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yep, I'd be up for that. New ID60 is £330, new ID260 £430 but mine is on sale with a nice cover for £250 so I'd be worse off selling and buying the ID60 new!
    Only just seeing those pictures now, @ICBM - looks like width-wise they could cut it down a chunk, and certainly height-wise. What a waste!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72380
    Yes. If they cut the long front PCB in half and mounted the two parts one above the other they could get the whole thing into a case the size of a typical lunchbox amp. Even without that the existing chassis layout would easily fit in a 2U rack casing. The head is literally three times the height it needs to be.

I'm really surprised they haven't done one or other of those things yet, it should be an obvious way to get more sales from the same R&D cost.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Christ on a bike there is hardly anything to it !
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Christ on a bike there is hardly anything to it !
    Reminds me of the inside of the original housing Big Muffs!

• StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
    At the moment:

Louis Electric Columbia
    Louis Electric Buster
    Tone King Imperial 
    Bad Cat Black Cat 30 head 
    Bad Cat Cub III 30r head
    Budda SD45 head
    Ampeg SVT head
    Cornford 4x12
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Bad Cat 1x12
    65 Amps 2x12
    Ampeg 4x10

Subject to change - the Tone King is (regretfully) up for sale right now, for example. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited July 2016
    Three at the moment:

1) fender blues deluxe
    2) vox lil night train 
    3) blackstar fly 3

Very tempted to part ex the first two and possibly a few guitars for either a bad cat or something different. Just to clear up some space really. Nine times out of ten I use the blackstar.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    @DrJazzTap I just checked the Fly 3 - it looks and sounds amazing!! How do you like it?