Service sector economy has collapsed since Brexit

What's Hot

Comments

• marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    What
    Your life's been bolloxed since the leave vote.
    Can't blame the remains for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    And a large majority of Remainers will never get it, thinking that people on low wages or who don't own a house shouldn't be entitled to vote.  They never look past the end of their own noses I reckon.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited July 2016
    What
    Your life's been bolloxed since the leave vote.
    Can't blame the remains for that.
    No my life was getting progressively more bolloxed before the vote.  I'm going down the pub to support local business.

Generation me just won't look further than 2 years down the line and they won't admit that the majority in this country actually hold completely different values and views to the ones they do.  You lost, you are in the minority, it's called democracy, now get over it.  Remainers talk of economy, GDP and prospects for the people when you have no idea who you are talking about or the lives they live or what those prospects equate to at ground level, so it's no surprise you are in the minority.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Sambostar said:
    And a large majority of Remainers will never get it, thinking that people on low wages or who don't own a house shouldn't be entitled to vote.  They never look past the end of their own noses I reckon.
    Where did you get that from?
    Everyone's entitled to vote, even  the poor.
    SOME just don't understand what they are voting for or the consequences.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11977
    Anyone want to take a bet how many years it will be before our economy is back up to pre-brexit levels.

5?

10?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12960
    To be honest, I think the whingers do more harm for UK than Brexit. If you all keep sprouting doom and gloom, there will be no confidence in anything, so get on with it and work for a better Britain, not crying over a shit system that was getting worse. 
    Blaming Remainers for the consequences of Brexit would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic. It's a completely ludicrous notion.

As Ian Hislop rightly pointed out - the opposition don't shut up for five years between elections.

The people who voted for this shoulder the responsibility for the consequences. If they're not prepared to stand by what they've done then they certainly shouldn't have the bare faced cheek to blame those of us who opposed them for what they've inflicted on us all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4169
    I voted leave, and I still would again. My pay has gone up about £40 over 3 years! Is that down to Brexit? Is the amount of scroungers we have on the dole down to Brexit? And I mean UK scroungers not immigrants? Was mines and steel works closing because of Brexit, I work for a Finnish firm contracted to a French firm who themselves are contracted to an Italian company in UK. The Italian firm is looking at redundancies in a big way in UK is that down to Brexit? no it's down to corruption/bribery and losing sales over fallout after bosses jailed. 
    Now we can all moan and bitch, but if the papers and politicians are full of doom and gloom over economy, that ain't gonna help stability or bring in investors.
    which is better, Positive attitude, going to Brussells and telling them we are happy we are gonna stand on our own feet and start chasing deals , or wallowing in self pity blaming everyone but yourselves! 
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Delusion abounds.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4169
    Delusion abounds.
    Grow up. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    edited July 2016
    The funny thing is that until a few months ago almost no one in the UK held the EU particularly close to their hearts. Popular support for the European project was tepid at best. Being in the EU wasn't that important compared to the NHS or crime or the economy or schools.

A tiny minority of Remainers are now almost unhinged in their desire to 'punish' those with whom they violently disagree about something they probably never cared about in the first place. 

This vengeful desperation has little to do with economic or political outcomes but exhibits all the hallmarks of a popular fad, rather like when Princess Diana croaked. Or this new Pokemon game.

It won't last. These things never do.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 847
    p90fool said:
    crunchman said:
     Pain now and diversified trade with growing nations in 10 years time, or "stability" now and being part of a bloc that is going down the pan and will be much worse off in 10 years time.
    That's pure speculation, whereas we KNEW Brexit would fuck things up and we banged on about it for months in advance. 
    Or are you going to call it hindsight or a lucky guess? 

And many of us knew the eu WAS fucking us up as well.

No pain, no gain
      Speculate to accumulate etc etc.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I am starting to think Leaving might be a cult.

I am not even sure if I am joking.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Delusion abounds.
    Grow up. 

Grow  down.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    What is shrinking fast is the Remaniac's social skills. It seems to be a rat race of who can be the most unpleasant condescending arse of the day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12960
    I voted leave, and I still would again. My pay has gone up about £40 over 3 years! Is that down to Brexit? Is the amount of scroungers we have on the dole down to Brexit? And I mean UK scroungers not immigrants? Was mines and steel works closing because of Brexit, I work for a Finnish firm contracted to a French firm who themselves are contracted to an Italian company in UK. The Italian firm is looking at redundancies in a big way in UK is that down to Brexit? no it's down to corruption/bribery and losing sales over fallout after bosses jailed. 
    Now we can all moan and bitch, but if the papers and politicians are full of doom and gloom over economy, that ain't gonna help stability or bring in investors.
    which is better, Positive attitude, going to Brussells and telling them we are happy we are gonna stand on our own feet and start chasing deals , or wallowing in self pity blaming everyone but yourselves! 
    There are absolutely fuck all "scroungers on the dole". Want to get the benefits bill down? Mandatory euthanasia for anyone who draws more than about three years state pension.

Still, thanks for reminding us that times were hard enough before Brexit. Makes the absolute economic insanity of the whole thing even harder to swallow.

"times are tough, let's make it even worse and then blame anyone who complains and even insist it's their fault". Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Garthy said:
    What is shrinking fast is the Remaniac's social skills. It seems to be a rat race of who can be the most unpleasant condescending arse of the day.
    The truth hurts?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Garthy said:
    I think that's condescending... *checks* yup, definitely condescending. 

Oh no. It must be contagious. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    Garthy said:
    I think that's an equal problem on both sides.

It's virtually impossible to have a reasonable debate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:
    I think that's an equal problem on both sides.

It's virtually impossible to have a reasonable debate.
    Agreed.
    edited July 2016
    We were told what woud happen
    It is happening.
    Some voted for It. 
    Now they refuse to own It and are blaming everyone but themselfs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom