When was the last time you sprinted?

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    1986. I was 14.
    I ran the 100m in 10.9 seconds which at the time was very close to Olympic times.
    I was very good at it and could do it again and again but could never get below 10.9.

Then life happened and i never did it again.
    Growing up in Liverpool, you learn to run fast ;)
    Especially is someone mentions 'Purple 'Ackey' !!!
    Tell me you remember him ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Running is ungentlemanly.
    Wiz'd. Even if I'm late for work I won't run for the bus. I'll take my time, have breakfast and be proper late.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    Sporky said:
    Indeed. That's what servants are for.

Hence the proportionately higher death rate among the upper classes in WWI...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    1986. I was 14.
    I ran the 100m in 10.9 seconds which at the time was very close to Olympic times.
    I was very good at it and could do it again and again but could never get below 10.9.

See him fairly regularly in Manchester these days.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    edited July 2016
    octatonic said:
    Sporky said:
    and yet:

No gentleman would wear those shoes with a suit. Furthermore, Lady BMcH points out that the colour of that suit is only appropriate on safari, and he is not wearing a hat.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    Also the stripes on his tie go the wrong way. I suspect you of having attempted to dupe the forum with a colonial ringer.

Particularly as the banner behind him appears to say "of America".
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    lloyd said:
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    1986. I was 14.

See him fairly regularly in Manchester these days.
    I'm very glad it's all in my past.
    I can't believe he's still around and still known as that.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Turned 57 in April this year. In March, was flying back from Cologne. Had timed fights to catch a reasonable evening train from Gatwick to Wokingham - the next one was a considerable time later. Sleazy Jet fucked up the flight home, got to Gatwick with a few minutes left. Once through immigration I sprinted like I haven't for years, through airport corridors and lounges, probably looking like a complete wally. Missed the damned train by seconds.- but on the plus side, I didn't need medical attention.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    Well, when I was young I actually remember people saying to me "you're that boy that cant run". Now I knew I was pretty rubbish at it, I didn't realise everyone else had interpreted it as a silly walk.

so I am not sure I have ever sprinted

there was a time when I worked in a secondary school about 10years ago. The fire alarm had gone off maybe 10mins before the end up the day. We were trying to do a count so we could let them all go but a few buggers were slipping out the side. One of the teachers realised, I happened to be closest. They shouted "Wes, run!" quite loudly so I did. Felt the wind in my hair and everything.   That was the last time I breached silly walk speed.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    To the chip shop, smack on closing time....
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    I've run for a bus and the train.  does that count?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Never sprinted for a flight or a train in my life and never, ever will,  I really  don't believe that much in the destination. 
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Ran for a train mid May. Fractured cuboid bone and bad soft tissue damage. Still painful and swollen. MRI scan this Tuesday.
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Friday.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Did a 2 K sprint on the bike last night. Downhill with very heavy gearing. Was a bit fast for a man of my advanced years but fun...
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    About 4 or 5 years ago, probably teaching my teenage son who his elders and betters are. Of course I won, but I nearly coughed up a lung and my thighs burned for a day or two.
    I would have been over 50 and weighed over 16 stone at the time, had probably only recently given up smoking too! It made me realise I can't do this anymore without a lifestyle change.
    I used to be a good sprinter in my youth but never one for the distances. These days a gentle bike ride is the order of the day.
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    Chasing my lad who's nearly 4 - depressingly I had to really go for it to catch up with him (and I consider reasonably fit, I covered 50 miles on my bike yesterday at a reasonable pace but I don't ever really run)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Looking back, my best friend at school has never sprinted. He had deformed ankles and has subsequently found out that it is a bad medical condition with a name that I don't recall (something like Marie Charcots disease I think?). Anyway, he was forced to do all school PE with the rest of us - rugby, athletics, cross country etc - utterly mad and cruel! 
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Probably about 2001. I was mid 20s but quite overweight at the time. I was chasing a bus that my GF had left something on. I managed to keep it up for a lot further than I thought I would but didn't catch it.