When was the last time you sprinted?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    In bed with missus counts? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sort of on topic. I'm nearly 40 and Ok at running (sub 20min 5k, and 1min 400m) but I'm really struggling to stay fit and my times fall away really quickly if I don't train for anything longer than 5 days. Any runners out there been through the same? Do you just get to 40 and lose all hope of sprinting? Wondering if I should just write off sprinting and go for light jogs or keep going for a few more years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Sort of on topic. I'm nearly 40 and Ok at running (sub 20min 5k, and 1min 400m) but I'm really struggling to stay fit and my times fall away really quickly if I don't train for anything longer than 5 days. Any runners out there been through the same? Do you just get to 40 and lose all hope of sprinting? Wondering if I should just write off sprinting and go for light jogs or keep going for a few more years.
    At 40 sprinting sounds a bit ambitious!
  • You're probably right! 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    axisus said:
    Sort of on topic. I'm nearly 40 and Ok at running (sub 20min 5k, and 1min 400m) but I'm really struggling to stay fit and my times fall away really quickly if I don't train for anything longer than 5 days. Any runners out there been through the same? Do you just get to 40 and lose all hope of sprinting? Wondering if I should just write off sprinting and go for light jogs or keep going for a few more years.
    At 40 sprinting sounds a bit ambitious!
    If I can do it, anyone can :)

split your training from jogging days to sprints and then mix both when fitter. 

Try to find a light inclined hill and do 100 meter sprints , working on form and technique for a few weeks. Always stretch though before , after and anytime you can :)

You will make good gains and feel the benefits.  
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    edited August 2016
    I will give it a try. Thanks