Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boring NCD

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28906
    TheMarlin said:

No rattles from mine, and all faults have been fixed quickly, and even at weekends.  Though, the dealership is a stones throw from my home....
    My local dealer is only a mile and a half away. When I went in before taking the job they lied to me and said they didn't do commercial sales, so I couldn't try a car or even sit in the one in the showroom, so Lady BMcH distracted the salestwit and I went and sat in it anyway.

The supplying dealer phoned back; they're collecting it today. Lucky I didn't arrange for the hire car to be picked up yet.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know, get a blog...

They just collected it. The chap agreed that the whirring noise behind the dashboard wasn't normal, and should have been noticed at PDI and by the delivery driver. He saw the keyless entry not working - car was unlocked, grabbed the door handle to open it and it locked - I didn't touch the lock section of the handle. The headrest, however, is apparently normal and correct, as is the electronic handbrake not disengaging automatically (though it apparently shouldn't do that in drive either) and the stop-start not working in conjunction with the electronic handbrake - you're meant to sit on the footbrake at traffic lights, which isn't what I was taught (and is massively inconsiderate to whoever is behind you at night).
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8065
    Stop start works with my electronic handbrake. 
    The handbrake is designed to auto-release on level ground as soon as you accelerate. 

You have to manually release it on hills, and for reverse.  But, you just push a button. 

You'll used to it. 

M :)
    The Passat I have as a hire car has an electronic handbrake - I like it.

The difference is that the Passat one works with stop-start, where the Mondeo one doesn't, and it disengages in forwards and reverse. The Ford chap said the Mondeo one shouldn't auto-disengage at all, but it definitely does in drive. I wonder if it's an automagic gearbox thing.
    And a call back.

The coffee-grinder noise was a misaligned sensor that wasn't spotted at PDI or by the delivery driver. Most comforting.

The headrest is perfectly normal and no-one has ever complained about it, so that's me.

The tracking and steering are correct so maybe there's a camber on every road I've driven it on that doesn't affect Passats, Octavias or Yetis, but that's definitely nothing wrong with the Mondeo.

Time to look for a new job that doesn't include a Mundano then!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    This sounds like a nightmare :-/
    As I think I said, it's pretty much what I expected of Ford, and it's in line with my previous experience of company cars - particularly that no-one involved cares until you mention rejecting the car, then suddenly they're all keen to look like they're fixing it.

I should have said before that my prediction was that they'd fix just one thing and insist that the other problems are normal - I won a bet with myself there!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I don't think the car likes you. It's just a bit grumpy as you called it boring. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm.

It's being dropped back this afternoon; I will offer it a biscuit and we'll see if we can come to some sort of accord.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24854
    Sporky said:
    Hmm.

It's being dropped back this afternoon; I will offer it a biscuit and we'll see if we can come to some sort of accord.
    I've heard Hondas are good....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    Sporky said:
    Hmm.

I've heard Hondas are good....
    BOOM BOOM! 
    It is back. The whirring is gone. I spotted that the delivery driver had wound the seat back right back - presumably to stop the headrest annoying him. He did have quite a stoop too so he probably has to drive a lot of these.

Interestingly the parking brake no longer disengages in drive - I know it did before because the Passat's does, and I'd have noticed if the Mundano's didn't, so that's something they've changed on this visit.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Ford. Fix or repair daily. Had 2 not again. 
    I wouldn't have another mondeo. This one has been very troublesome.  

@Sporky ;You our drive autos?
    Another niggle.  Skirt at the front is too low.  It catches on speed bumps, unless you approach them at snails pace. 
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Andi, what do your HR department say? If they put a lot of business the way of the fleet company they will have more clout than you.
    Sounds like his CEO dictated car choice.  Unlikely to win that war
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Indeed, but I'm sure the CEO wants everyone to have a working example with the steering wheel put on straight....
    TheMarlin said:
    I wouldn't have another mondeo. This one has been very troublesome.  

@Sporky ;You our drive autos?
    This is the first auto I've "owned", but I've driven a fair few. The choice we get is a 2.0 auto S-Max, a 2.0 auto Mundano or a 1.6 manual Mundano - I'd rather have a manual (just slightly) but the 1.6 barely moves such a heavy car. And actually eha automagic gearbox is one of the bits that works nicely!
    Andi, what do your HR department say? If they put a lot of business the way of the fleet company they will have more clout than you.
    It's our accounts department dealing with it - they are on-side and taking a rather robust approach now. They've told the fleet company that they won't be paid until the car is acceptable.
    Also the parking brake now intermittently fails to disengage in drive. Mostly it works, sometimes it doesn't - and both times it's failed it's been on the flat.