Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boring NCD

What's Hot
SporkySporky Frets: 28906
My company Mundano arrived today. It seems adequate.

But no heated seats or USB audio. It's like being an animal in a third-rate zoo.
"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Harambe disagrees.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm well jealous. Mine hasn't got usb or heated seats. £1300 for the injectors, £265 for the fuel filler pipe thing, and needs news tyres. Grumble. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28906
    It has screens instead of dials, which is quite whizzy.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27794
    Sporky said:
    It has screens instead of dials,
    And they work for at least the first 6 months.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You're more optimistic than I am.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8065
    edited August 2016
    Mine is the Titanium X. It's got everything. 
    It's also had two new drive shafts in the first six months, very dodgy electrics, the stereo/sat Nav replaced (twice), and a whole host of other issues.  The one that bugs me most, the seatbelt will not release on my steep drive.  The car has to be on a level surface before I can put the seatbelt on.  Uber stupid!!!

Drives really well, but a very troublesome car.  The two I had before this new model were faultless. 

i may have to try BMW next time. 

Marlin
    Mine is the plain Titanium. They wouldn't let me add the winter pack, the weirdos.

So far it's better than my mum's Focus was though - that blew a fuse every time you turned the wipers on, and the dealer's suggestion was not to drive if it looked like rain.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    Reading this makes me glad we didn't go for another Mondeo. I love the look of them. 

Loving life with the Lexus. Fuel economy isn't amazing, but you seem to not give a shit when you've got so many buttons and gadgets to play with. 
    It's a company car, so if it breaks it's not my problem.

Similarly if it loses some paint, a wing mirror... not my car, not my paint, not my insurance.

It's quite liberating. The downside is not having any choice and getting saddled with a boring lump like this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Look on the bright side (or should that be Dark side...) but seen front on the current Mondeo looks like Darth Vader on wheels. 

Is yours black by any chance? 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7837
    My 2001 Volvo has heated seats, your'e not kissing the right asses at work.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Sporky said:
    My company Mundano arrived today. It seems adequate.

But no heated seats or USB audio. It's like being an animal in a third-rate zoo.
    some part of me hopes that this is the actual name of the car... 

Maybe if car companies were more honest there would be less aggression on the roads... if you were driving a Mundane and were overtaken by a Disappointment how angry could you get?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    Our car has heated leather seats with memory function. The other day my wife was complaining that we didn't get the top of the range model with cooled and heated leather seats with memory.

#firstworldproblem. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8065
    joneve said:
    Reading this makes me glad we didn't go for another Mondeo. I love the look of them. 

Loving life with the Lexus. Fuel economy isn't amazing, but you seem to not give a shit when you've got so many buttons and gadgets to play with. 
    I had a Lexus a few years ago. Nice enough to drive, but not a practical car.  Can't do a good tip run in one, couldn't fold the rear seats flat.  

wasnt crazy about the looks either.  

Many current mondeo is an estate. It's huge, but great having all that free space, given large family, and lots of stuff to lug about. 
  • Isn't the USB in the arm rest?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    Ah the good old mondonkey. Never had issues with them in the past but have heard of quite a few in the last two years. Good luck. 
    Skarloey said:
    Look on the bright side (or should that be Dark side...) but seen front on the current Mondeo looks like Darth Vader on wheels. 

Is yours black by any chance? 
    It is silver. No choice of colour, so it's mildly irksome that they went for a metallic which ups the company car tax a bit!
    My 2001 Volvo has heated seats, your'e not kissing the right asses at work.
    We're owned by one American engineer. He thinks that if everyone, worldwide, has the same car then it saves people making trivial decisions. In one respect I admire that sort of thinking, but on the other hand I don't think I'd ever have chosen a Mundano. And if I had it'd have heated seats.

Myranda said:

Maybe if car companies were more honest there would be less aggression on the roads... if you were driving a Mundane and were overtaken by a Disappointment how angry could you get?
    A couple of jobs ago I had a Toyboata Noneventsis. On account of it cornered like a barge and was utterly boring.
    Isn't the USB in the arm rest?
    There are USB sockets but bunging a memory stick full of MP3s into one or t'other does not result in the stereo playing those MP3s.

There's something about mobile apps, but I'm not sure how amused work will be if I use the data allowance on the phone for Spotify.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    TheMarlin said:
    joneve said:

I had a Lexus a few years ago. Nice enough to drive, but not a practical car.  Can't do a good tip run in one, couldn't fold the rear seats flat.  

wasnt crazy about the looks either.  

Many current mondeo is an estate. It's huge, but great having all that free space, given large family, and lots of stuff to lug about. 
    Ours is smaller (luggage space wise) than the cavernous MK4 mondeo, but it's a great car. big enough for us, the dog (and her crate) and luggage without any issue. Seats fold flat now too - they seem to have sorted that out.

I'm sure there are more practical cars, but this is like driving on a cloud. First car I've had in 13 years that hasn't given me lower back pain after a long drive. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13977
    edited August 2016
    I demand DAB radio, bluetooth, USB, or won't entertain it. (says he driving a 2005 Citroen Picasso)

It has DAB and Bluetooth. Also WIFI, and I can't work out what that's for. It isn't that it bridges the phone to give WIFI to people in the car, it's that the car can connect to WIFI.