Was I unreasonable?

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Contact the buyer and sort a deal maybe , explain the issue and see if it can be sorted. 

Karma dude, karma ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Blimey.  How old are you?  You got into selling a guitar via a commercial buying and selling website without bothering to understand anything about it.  You couldn't be arsed figuring out how the process works and finding out what fees you would be charged.
    when it finally dawned on you how it works you spat your dummy.
    You should not be annoyed at your buyer.  You should be annoyed at yourself.
    You know when you read stories about idiots on auction sites?  You are one of those people.

In answer to your original question.....yes you have been unreasonable.  And disgraceful.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4753
    BahHumbug said:
    Blimey.  How old are you?  You got into selling a guitar via a commercial buying and selling website without bothering to understand anything about it.  You couldn't be arsed figuring out how the process works and finding out what fees you would be charged.
    when it finally dawned on you how it works you spat your dummy.
    You should not be annoyed at your buyer.  You should be annoyed at yourself.
    You know when you read stories about idiots on auction sites?  You are one of those people.

In answer to your original question.....yes you have been unreasonable.  And disgraceful.
    As I'm a very reasonable kind of bloke I'll take it that you didn't actually intend to be offensive.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    blueskunk said:
    Contact the buyer and sort a deal maybe , explain the issue and see if it can be sorted. 

Karma dude, karma ;)
    He rang me already.  I told him that I wasn't happy dealing with him and that was the end of that.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    rlw said:

My main gripe is that I had no chance to discuss with the buyer who could have been a complete nut/troublemaker/delete as applicable, and best avoided.
    What?!?

I wish I could find a complete nut/troublemaker that was willing to pay full price for my stuff!

You need to read the T&C's of Reverb/eBay/PayPal, unfortunately no one to blame but yourself here chum. My sympathies lie solely with the buyer in this case.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    Certainly makes me not to want to deal with you.

Poor show.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    Certainly makes me not to want to deal with you.

Poor show.
    Shame as you will find me totally straight.

Do refer to my earlier email where the buyer wanted to rescind before changing his mind again.  How would you feel about that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    miserneil said:
    rlw said:

My main gripe is that I had no chance to discuss with the buyer who could have been a complete nut/troublemaker/delete as applicable, and best avoided.
    What?!?

I wish I could find a complete nut/troublemaker that was willing to pay full price for my stuff!

You need to read the T&C's of Reverb/eBay/PayPal, unfortunately no one to blame but yourself here chum. My sympathies lie solely with the buyer in this case.

Would you still want to sell to someone who had changed his mind about five minutes after doing the deal.  Can I have my money back please, I've changed my mind....
    Equally poor show. 

But he's not the one looking for approval for his ignorance or attempt to circumvent the rules of contract, and the rules that say PayPal gift is the default position for non-friends / family.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016

Hi,

I think I may have just a very rash impulse buy! /

I think I'm really looking for an older (heavier, less modernised) LPS and have just jumped on this too quickly....

Any chance we can cancel this before it ships out?

It's a beautiful guitar, I'm sure once it's been relisted someone who wanted it will just go for it.

I hope you're OK with this. If so, feel free to keep a tenner for your trouble. Refund me £10 less the total amount.

If there are Reverb fees I'm sure if you send them this message, they will refund them. If they don't, let me know

Apologies!

The email from the buyer.  Was I still so wrong?
  • Out of interest what is your Reverb username?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    rlw said:
    miserneil said:
    rlw said:

What?!?

Would you still want to sell to someone who had changed his mind about five minutes after doing the deal.  Can I have my money back please, I've changed my mind....
    But in the end he didn't did he? What you're saying is that he bought it, had a bit of buyers remorse then decided he definitely wanted it all in the space of a morning AND sent you the full price.

If that's the only 'hassle' you've ever had selling an item then you've been very lucky....
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Equally poor show. 

But he's not the one looking for approval for his ignorance or attempt to circumvent the rules of contract, and the rules that say PayPal gift is the default position for non-friends / family.
    I'm not looking for approval, merely an opinion thanks.  Clearly, I have that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Your original post had nothing to do with the buyers actions. It was all about you.

Irrespective of the buyer wanting to back out your original post was still unreasonable.

You clearly expected the original post to result in people supporting your conduct.

It doesn't look like anyone agreed with your actions and now you seek to widen the scope to other information. You got an answer and you didn't like it.

Yes the buyer should not have backed out, but that is irrelevant to the quality / reasonableness of your actions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Seems to me you've come here for absolution but unfortunately no matter how much you stamp your feet, the fine assembled gents here will rightly disagree.

Chalk it up to experience and, better still, contact your buyer and work something out between the two of you.
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The email from the buyer is a separate issue and doesn't validate your own line of thinking. If there's a buy it now price then you set it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Does Reverb make any allowance for buyer's remorse?  I don't think you would have been made to refund him if he changed his mind.
    Out of interest what is your Reverb username?
    Can't you figure it out?  Just remember to avoid me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    OK.  Seems I'm in the wrong here so that is taken on board.  Lesson learned.

I'm still surprised that I got no choice to accept or decline the offer though.   When I sold my PRRI last week, there was an email from reverb that said I had an offer which I could accept/decline/counter, whether the full price was offered, which it was, or not.

I chose to accept in that instance.  I wasn't given the option in this.   Anyway, there you go.

Richardj said:
    Does Reverb make any allowance for buyer's remorse?  I don't think you would have been made to refund him if he changed his mind.
    Probably not but I would have done if I hadn't sent it yet.
This discussion has been closed.