Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

That Pedal Show - Friedman BE OD wanted

What's Hot
VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
edited August 2016 in FX
Daniel from The GigRig and TPS has posted asking if anyone has a Friedman pedal for them to borrow - he is offering to rent and pay shipping costs. Thought I'd post here in case anyone can help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looking forward to their demo. Mine is still pre-ordered so don't have it yet.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I've been waiting to see if they did a demo.

Hopefully won't be much longer for it to turn up.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Looking forward to their demo. Mine is still pre-ordered so don't have it yet.
    Where did you pre-order from?  Im interested in this pedal so I am.
    I ordered from Peach.
  • Yep, Peach was the cheapest, from what I remember

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    i don't think there are any in the UK yet, i have one on order from Peach which i think should come in next week

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    Out of interest, @Vaiai , did he do a similar shout out for a DD-500 or a Source Audio Nemesis for the recent expensive delays episode?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Out of interest, @Vaiai , did he do a similar shout out for a DD-500 or a Source Audio Nemesis for the recent expensive delays episode?
    Not that I saw but with FB you can never be sure you are seeing all posts from a person/company - although I think a guitarist I know shared it in this case.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

I was surprised not to see these two in the recent delay video. But I suppose there's only so many they could fit on that board before the video was feature length...

... still would have watched it all...

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    No, they didn't include those two. TBH, it was more of a walkthrough of the evolution of delays with what Dan considered important product milestones. I suspect that the DD500 and Nemesis are too new to be considered influential yet. He covered:
    Line 6 DL4
    Eventide Time Factor
    Strymon TimeLine
    Pigtronix Echolution 2
    Eventide H9
    Chase Bliss AudioTonal Recall
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    No, they didn't include those two. TBH, it was more of a walkthrough of the evolution of delays with what Dan considered important product milestones. I suspect that the DD500 and Nemesis are too new to be considered influential yet. He covered:
    Line 6 DL4
    Eventide Time Factor
    Strymon TimeLine
    Pigtronix Echolution 2
    Eventide H9

Yeah, I knew they hadn't included them, just wondered if they'd tried to.

The Pedal Show is very entertaining but Dan clearly has his favoured brands. It would have been nice if they'd covered some of the most recent things to arrive on the market to give his beloved Strymon Timeline a run for its money.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Line 6 DL4
    Eventide Time Factor
    Strymon TimeLine
    Pigtronix Echolution 2
    Eventide H9

Yeah, I knew they hadn't included them, just wondered if they'd tried to.

The Pedal Show is very entertaining but Dan clearly has his favoured brands. It would have been nice if they'd covered some of the most recent things to arrive on the market to give his beloved Strymon Timeline a run for its money.
    Like the timefactor and H9 (both similar vintage to the timeline) and the tonal recall? To be fair he's quite open about what he likes, and that list does seem to cover a lot of brands. I guess you just have to have a cut off point somewhere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Peach just confirmed BE-ODs will arrive on Monday, so i should have mine on Tuesday :smile: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just paid for mine hopefully will turn up ready for my day off.
  • Same here, going to be a good week next week! :-)

• mine was just delivered :)

Will be very interesting to see how it compares to a JCM800 + FX8 ODs

I'm at work till 8  :'(
  • i just had half an hour with it, it sounds great out of the box with everything at noon, they will sell a boat load of these.

I did a quick A/B with the Ruckus in the FX8 to see how they compared and I got it VERY close.

If you have a clean amp and want that modded Marshall sound in a small package this pedal is it. very cool.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    How do you think it compares to the usual miab standards - riot, crunchbox, plexitone, pinnacle etc  is it just another flavour or does it bring something new?
  • it has that Friedman "thing" where it just sounds right, he seems to make his stuff with a core tone that is very appealing instantly. It's not a tweaker, but the EQ does enough to match it to your amp.
    I had a Plexitone and the BE is much more to my taste, and with the gain right down it sounds really good too.
    I've only played it through a JCM800 clean input, I would love to try it into a clean Fender amp.