Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

That Pedal Show - Friedman BE OD wanted

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited September 2016
    I shall be trying it in my McFly & Dirty Shirley tonight.

Just 6 hours more to go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure Peach said next day delivery, mine will be here tomorrow now, gutted about that! They posted it yesterday!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I think it's a fantastic pedal. 
  • @Jonathanthomas83 I'd query that with Peach - I'm in Glasgow and got mine today from them and yes it was next day!

First impressions are pretty favorable - it's pretty bright through the clean on my VH4 - having not played BE-100 I don't know if they are. I know my JCM800's are though, tames well with the onboard EQ though.

Sounds good - can be pretty dynamic if you keep the gain lower and turning it up has a satisfying chunk to it!

Had lots of fun playing with the gain trim inside - mine came at 12 o'clock - turning it full up is insane, the gain just becomes a compression (and added noise) knob. However between 9
    o'clock, for actual OD to distortion, and 11 o'clock, for light distortion to heavy distortion, seems to be the sweet spot!

Off to play some more! :)

• Any of you guys had excessive amounts of noise with this pedal?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I suspect it's unlikely but has anyone who ordered a be od compared it to a carpe diem?   
    Only when I turned the internal gain trim all the way up. Worth checking where yours is set as they initially were setting the gain trim all the way up and changed this to 12 o'clock.
  • I got mine today. It arrived midway through a session so I haven't had much time to fiddle around with it yet, but it did get put straight to use on a couple of tracks through both a Black Cat 30 and a Magnatone Single V. I'm not the biggest pedals fan in the world, but I have to say - this sounds immense. 
    Only when I turned the internal gain trim all the way up. Worth checking where yours is set as they initially were setting the gain trim all the way up and changed this to 12 o'clock.
    I haven't got one, but am interested.  Some people on Facebook noted noise issues, but I guess these are subjective and I think one it had his trim pot all the way up.  
  • mine is not noisy, i have the trim pot at halfway and even that has way more gain than anyone would ever need, i will turn it down tomorrow

I haven't got one, but am interested.  Some people on Facebook noted noise issues, but I guess these are subjective and I think one it had his trim pot all the way up.  
    Ah - cool I understand! With the gain trim all the way up and the gain up over half way it is noisier that I'd use without a gate but honestly that is an insane amount of gain! Between 9 and 12 o'clock on the trim seems to be working best for me, and TBH 12 o'clock has a much gain as would ever be usable anyway :)

Sounds pretty good - I'm going to get myself a V3 Angry Charlie and the Diezel pedal and see how which one I like the best!
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited September 2016
    Right so mine is rather noisy and I've checked the trim pot which is at 12.

Its by far the noisiest pedal I've ever tried.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Isn't this thread a great example of how different pedals react with different amps? 

Very interested to to hear more demos.
  • Sounds like its a belter from the comments so far :)

I've just ordered one from Peach whilst they still have them in stock so hoping it sounds sweet through my Engl ironball clean channel
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I think I'll do the same and grab one while they are in stock at a decent price.   Hopefully noise won't be an issue but in sure Peach would replace it if it is.  
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I've snagged one too on the strength of Pete Thorn's video. I'm keen to see how it stacks up against the Riot Reloaded.
  • I'm put off a bit by the noise comments.  I had a Fly Rig and it had horrific amounts of noise and I'm concerned this pedal might be similar.  I think I'll wait until some non-pro demos appear.  
  • I'm put off a bit by the noise comments.  I had a Fly Rig and it had horrific amounts of noise and I'm concerned this pedal might be similar.  I think I'll wait until some non-pro demos appear.  

There's already lots of non-pro demos on YouTube and it sounds fine 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited September 2016
    Think im going to wait 2 months until half of these appear in the classifieds..this feels very Tgp! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • simonk said:
    I've snagged one too on the strength of Pete Thorn's video. I'm keen to see how it stacks up against the Riot Reloaded.

Let us know because I have a Reloaded too.  I wonder how the gain levels compare?