Splitting fx into two amps

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28656
    I can see how placing the splitter earlier on in the chain and split fx out to different amps but can't see it working in a single amp though when I choose to. I'll have to move patch cables surely to accommodate this?
    Nope - the splitter gives you an extra output before the delay.

So when you want to use just one amp you ignore that extra output and use the output on the delay.

So guitar goes into your loop switchers, which have all the pedals other than the Mobius and Timeline.

Out of the loop switchers to the splitter. One output of the splitter therefore has everything except the Mobius and Timeline.

The other output of the splitter goes to the Mobius and Timeline. You then use the output of the Timeline for the other amp in two-amp-mode, and for single amp mode.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I can see how placing the splitter earlier on in the chain and split fx out to different amps but can't see it working in a single amp though when I choose to. I'll have to move patch cables surely to accommodate this?
    Nope - the splitter gives you an extra output before the delay.

So when you want to use just one amp you ignore that extra output and use the output on the delay.

So guitar goes into your loop switchers, which have all the pedals other than the Mobius and Timeline.

Out of the loop switchers to the splitter. One output of the splitter therefore has everything except the Mobius and Timeline.

The other output of the splitter goes to the Mobius and Timeline. You then use the output of the Timeline for the other amp in two-amp-mode, and for single amp mode.
    Can I still use the pre/post feature of the mobius like this @Sporky ? I ask as my mobius plugs into the looper between all the dirt pedals them out again and returned to the mobius. I hope that's clear explaining that lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I don't know - I don't know what the signal chain is or what you're doing with the Mobius.

But you can't have the Mobius before other pedals (apart from the Timeline) in the signal chain, and have it only affect one output from a splitter later in the chain.
  • Thanks @Sporky I think it might be a question for Strymon then
    Neither we nor Strymon can help you if you don't tell us what the signal chain is - ie exactly how the pedals are connected and in what order. Ignore the loopers unless they can change the order of the pedals.

However, if the Mobius is before the other pedals (apart from the Timeline) then you cannot have one output that includes the Mobius and one that doesn't, unless the latter also doesn't include all the other pedals.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited September 2016
    Sporky said:
    Neither we nor Strymon can help you if you don't tell us what the signal chain is - ie exactly how the pedals are connected and in what order. Ignore the loopers unless they can change the order of the pedals.

However, if the Mobius is before the other pedals (apart from the Timeline) then you cannot have one output that includes the Mobius and one that doesn't, unless the latter also doesn't include all the other pedals.
    Ok I'll do my best

Wireless receiver into Mobius - LEFT IN

Mobius - RIGHT IN goes into the output of the DPC-8EZ

Mobius - LEFT OUT goes into the input of the DPC-8EZ

Mobius - RIGHT OUT goes into Timeline's LEFT IN

This was sent from Disaster Area themselves to help me set up:=

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/gibby12345/image_zpsgk9tebt3.png

IN THE LOOPS OF DPC-8EZ ARE:-

Loop 1 = WARTHOG
    Loop 2 = FUZZ
    Loop 3 = CRUISER

The comp is always on so in the DA's always on loop i.e. No Switch for that one

MIDI

DMC-8D connected to DPC-8EZ

DPC-8EZ connected to Mobius MIDI IN

Mobius MIDI OUT connected to Timeline MIDI IN

Then Timeline RIGHT OUT into splitter

Does that make any sense to you @Sporky ;
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    My head hurts
    Stop crying, start buying

It does.

Assuming you still want to use the Mobius pre and post, put the splitter between the DPC and the Mobius right input.

Then if the Mobius is Pre, you'll get everything but the TImeline from one amp (using the output of the splitter), and everything plus the Timeline from the other (on the Timeline's right output).

If the Mobius is post, you'll get everything but the Mobius and Timeline from one amp (using the output of the splitter) and everything including the Mobius and Timeline from the other (on the Timeline's right output).

When you're only using one amp, put it on the Timeline's right output and it'll get everything.

The Timeline must not be set 100% wet when you're only using one amp.
  • Moss said:
    My head hurts
    Yep that's my reaction LOL

• Sporky said:

It does.

Assuming you still want to use the Mobius pre and post, put the splitter between the DPC and the Mobius right input.

Then if the Mobius is Pre, you'll get everything but the TImeline from one amp (using the output of the splitter), and everything plus the Timeline from the other (on the Timeline's right output).

If the Mobius is post, you'll get everything but the Mobius and Timeline from one amp (using the output of the splitter) and everything including the Mobius and Timeline from the other (on the Timeline's right output).

When you're only using one amp, put it on the Timeline's right output and it'll get everything.

That's amazing how you can work this stuff out? Thanks so very much @Sporky ;. I'll have to get some more cable ordered to change a few things but once arrived I'll get to work.

Just so I'm clear would I NOT get the Timeline into the same amp as the Mobius if it's set to PRE? Is that ok or the norm  i.e. Delay in one amp modulation in the other. My brain is warming up again LOL

Is this in general @Sporky for one amp or never in this set up?
    edited September 2016

Just so I'm clear would I NOT get the Timeline into the same amp as the Mobius if it's set to PRE? Is that ok or the norm  i.e. Delay in one amp modulation in the other. My brain is warming up again LOL

If the Mobius is set to Pre then you'll get modulation in both, delay in one.

If the Mobius is set to Post then you'll get modulation and delay in only one.

If you want modulation in both and delay in only one all the time then put the splitter between the Mobius Right out and the Timeline Left in.

Is this in general @Sporky for one amp or never in this set up?

In general. Unless you want 100% wet for some reason. Probably you don't. But you might.
  • What are you actually trying to achieve here? ie. forget how things are currently set up, and think about what you're trying to do

R.
  • What are you actually trying to achieve here? ie. forget how things are currently set up, and think about what you're trying to do

R.
    Ideally I'm trying to have the mobius and timeline going to one amp and other fx going to another amp. However the same board has to work ok with a one amp set up too. 

At worst I could live with all fx going to one amp and have the other amp dry. But again I want it to work as a one amp scenario too. Don't want to have to pull out patch cables so once once set it more or less stays that way. 

Ideally I'm trying to have the mobius and timeline going to one amp and other fx going to another amp. However the same board has to work ok with a one amp set up too. 
    Easy! Put the splitter between the RPC output and the Mobius.

In two amp mode, leave the Mobius in Post mode.

In one amp mode you can use the Mobius' pre/post stuff.

Ta-da!
  • Sporky said:

Easy! Put the splitter between the RPC output and the Mobius.

In two amp mode, leave the Mobius in Post mode.

In one amp mode you can use the Mobius' pre/post stuff.

Ta-da!
    RPC output ? What is that @Sporky ;
  • Oh DPC you meant sorry
    That's the fella - sorry!
  • I'll need to wire it up and see it work to begin to visualise it. Still not getting the bit where pre goes to one amp and post to the other amp etc . Maybe I'd best come back to this thread tomorrow with fresh eyes

Thanks for all of your help today though 
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pre/post thing is whether the Mobius uses its left in/out or its right in/out, no?

Pre goes to both amps.

Post, if the splitter is between the DPC and Mobius, it goes to just one amp.
  • Sporky said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pre/post thing is whether the Mobius uses its left in/out or its right in/out, no?

Pre goes to both amps.

Post, if the splitter is between the DPC and Mobius, it goes to just one amp.
    Lol god knows