Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Goodbye Apple, I'm off to the dark side!

What's Hot
As a self certified Apple fanboy since the 3G and current owner of an iPhone 6 I've today ordered a Galaxy S7 Edge to arrive tomorrow.  Fed up with the arrogance of Apple, iTunes was bad enough, no micro-sd card slot is frustrating but the final straw is removing the headphone jack and not being able to charge whilst listening to headphones that aren't Bluetooth.  I'm sure they will be devastated at the loss of my meagre contribution! :D
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I can hear Steve Jobs Pancreas turning in its grave :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    If you can get the style of operating system and integration with the features you want then great.    A change in headphone connector isn't close to a big enough issue to consider changing for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't understand the iTunes hatred - my iPhone hasn't ever been plugged into my PC and it's going on two years old now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    John_P said:
    If you can get the style of operating system and integration with the features you want then great.    A change in headphone connector isn't close to a big enough issue to consider changing for me. 
    Actually, as long as I can plug the phone into a USB, my trusty Fostek Headphone Amp does the rest.

And boy, if anyone ever doubts headphone DACs, you've not listened to one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • See ya later, Benson.   
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I've been an apple fan since mid 80s but I'm pretty fed up with them to be honest. I will always use them for work, but I could quite happily move away for other stuff. iTunes is still a turgid crock of shit, my iPad has no USB, I can't have multiple users on it, the ios is rubbish compared to previous versions, I can't control what system I want to run on it. I detest the way that it is 'locked into' my laptop because of an accidental setup when I first bought it. 

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited September 2016
    Have you used Android? good luck as I found it a complete POS compared to iOS

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Have you used Android? good luck as I found it a complete POS compared to iOS
    I find iOS hideously constraining and utterly lacking depth. horses for courses, Hope you like the S7 @Benson!
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1307
    Both OS's are borrowing features from one another.  I like the customisation that Android offers and find it reliable enough.
  • Good luck man, great phones those. FAR better camera and battery life on these comparing to iPhone 6 Plus S  (I own both).
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    sinbaadi said:
    Both OS's are borrowing features from one another.
    Like two cannibals asking each other over for dinner. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'll be back ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    I don't understand the iTunes hatred - my iPhone hasn't ever been plugged into my PC and it's going on two years old now.

I've pulled my hair out in the past trying to copy a ripped cd, from my pc onto iTunes.  Tbh I haven't used iTunes for the past 3-4 years, but whenever I did it was always frustrating, and never simple.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never had an issue with anything Apple to be honest. But I was an early supporter of android and eventually left due to shit apps, multiple crashes and ads everywhere. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I tried Android, was a complete shambles. Malware is rampant, reliability an issue, and build quality poor. 

The iPhone isn't perfect, but had zero issues with 6PlusS. Battery last two days too. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I use a Windows 10 Mobile device because it isn't Apple or Google! Not sure if I am just making things unnecessarily difficult for myself in terms of apps, but I much prefer the interface to iOS, and like to keep my expose to Google pretty limited. I would choose Apple over Google though, if I wasn't paying for it myself.
  • It's a pity MS made such a cock up with Windows phone and developers did not get on board. I really like the UI
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I wanted a windows phone before I got my 6s but it really did look troubled so I didn't want to take a chance.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11890
    I bought a pair of bluetooth wireless headphones last month for running, since then it's all i've used, even when out going to the shops.  It is 10x more convenient than wired headphones. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5536
    Had Android for years, never wanted an iPhone.
    Got a 6S with my job and 9 months later...still hate it. There's no back button!!!
    Microsoft OneDrive (for work stuff) has continual sync problems between my laptop and work iPhone and work iPad, yet runs beautifully on my Android phone.
    No thanks.