Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are Range Rover Evoques the motor of choice for wankers?

What's Hot
vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
I am seriously fucked off with the drivers of these vehicles. They seem to have migrated from BMW M3s or Audi RS4s.

The last few days I have been cut off by wannabe WAGs who, whilst dropping off their mollycoddled entitled spawn at their prep schools, proceed to park on the pavement blocking it for pedestrians. There is also their male equivelent of young wide-boys who decide to sit in the middle of the road, windows down, T-shirt sleeves rolled up to show off the gym-honed biceps whilst chatting to a mate who is driving in THE OPPOSITE direction and they HAVE BOTH STOPPED and are blocking the traffic to have the conversation.

Both of these piss-poor specimins of humanity are all "me me me" and do not seem to give a shit about anyone apart from their own tribal members.

/vent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They aren't for people who like rear window visibility as far as I can gather.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2016
    Twas ever thus.

"I Me Mine, I Me Mine" (1970)

"I'm alright Jack so sod the rest is the new descension" (1982)

• GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    The car of choice for digital modelling amp users.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    You mean like this ... woman has her path blocked and goes nuts .. China

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just had the exact same with 2 white vans. Stopped on a corner, blocking everyone, not that I need to get to pick my youngest up to them go get Mrs s from work and then go finish the drive I'm building. Ended up having to drive half on the pavement towards a pretty busy road. 

• So, a couple of people have pissed you off in the last few days. They both happen to drive the same type of car so you have generalised that all people who drive these cars are wankers or something similar. 

Have a google on the term confirmation bias. If you were to come to the conclusion that all people are sub human then when you spot someone in one of these who drives in a less than perfect way it will 'prove' to you that you are right. However you will simply not notice all of the drivers of these cars who carry on in a respectful and perfectly normal manner.  Thus the belief deepens.

This is the way to frustration, frustration and anxiety. Easier to let it go, there are many dicks on the road, you were unfortunate that you came across a couple in a short space of time. 

I am seriously fucked off with the drivers of these vehicles. They seem to have migrated from BMW M3s or Audi RS4s.

The last few days I have been cut off by wannabe WAGs who, whilst dropping off their mollycoddled entitled spawn at their prep schools, proceed to park on the pavement blocking it for pedestrians. There is also their male equivelent of young wide-boys who decide to sit in the middle of the road, windows down, T-shirt sleeves rolled up to show off the gym-honed biceps whilst chatting to a mate who is driving in THE OPPOSITE direction and they HAVE BOTH STOPPED and are blocking the traffic to have the conversation.

Both of these piss-poor specimins of humanity are all "me me me" and do not seem to give a shit about anyone apart from their own tribal members.

/vent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I think it's safe to say relic245 drives a Range Rover Evoque ;) 
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Some are predisposed to be selfish wankers, no idea if a certain vehicle is the reason or an extension.......

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Move to a nicer area with real people in normal jobs and average houses. You'll still meet some wankers but they will have a different way of irritating you.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hmmmm confirmation bias?
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Range Rovers don't cheese you off, people do...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdv said:
    I think it's safe to say relic245 drives a Range Rover Evoque ;) 
    I think it's safe to say that relic245 drives a skoda.

He does however make a living helping people who suffer from stress, anxiety and depression. He has a belief that many of these people's problems begin by getting themselves would up about things that don't really matter.

He will soon stop talking about himself in the 3rd person as it's quite weird really.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Ravenous said:
    Sound of forum rant, woo woo woo
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, the Range Rover Vajazzle. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

The Evoque is car jewellery, so it does attract a certain person I believe.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    Ravenous said:
    Sound of forum rant, woo woo woo
    Recognition for this. Incredible!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8709
    edited September 2016
    ESBlonde said:
    Move to a nicer area with real people in normal jobs and average houses. You'll still meet some wankers but they will have a different way of irritating you.
    Try Nottingham. Here they always drive in the right hand lane at 5 or 10 mph below the speed limit so that you can't pass them, even if the other lanes are empty.

Try any motorway. There are always CLOCs doing 60 to 65 in the middle lane, and one in five will be texting.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • It's probably due to their being good deals on the evoque to lease for the past 5 months and now more people are driving around in them
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28276
    I tried one a bit after they came out. It was pretty good. Awfully expensive though.

Can't say I've noticed them being particularly well or badly driven.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."