Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are Range Rover Evoques the motor of choice for wankers?

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Sporky said:
    All she did was have some say in the interior finishes and colours.

Let's not be daft about this.

It was JLR themselves who made it so ugly, thirsty and expensive.
    Well they certainly got it right cos they sell loads of them, just about everywhere.

For me though, if you are going to get a 4x4, just do it right and get a bleeding big one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28287
    Snap said:

Well they certainly got it right cos they sell loads of them, just about everywhere.

Yep. I think they're ugly, but good ugly. Not (fer example) Ssangyong ugly. Though the convertible troubles me. It's much bigger than it looks, and when you notice that it looks really weird.

Snap said:

For me though, if you are going to get a 4x4, just do it right and get a bleeding big one.
    I dunno.  I quite like the Panda 4x4, and I loved my Yetis.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Have these taken over from the range rover sport then? 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    No. The King of knob head motorists will always be BMW.
    This was generally the case up until recently but it appears that most of the aforesaid drivers have migrated to Audis lately.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    DrJazzTap said:
    Have these taken over from the range rover sport then? 
    Hard to tell - the new Sport looks a lot like the Ewok.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Bucket said:
    Nah, the true wheels of choice for the ultimate fur-lined ocean-going cunthead who should have been a handjob is, and always will be, the BMW 3 Series.
    Round here its Audi and Skoda drivers. BMW 3 series is out of favour .. Audi now has the crown. In the 4 x 4 class its anyone in a Land Rover/Range Rover. Middle class twats who think they own the road. There should be a special tax for Audi's and Range Rovers.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Sporky said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    Have these taken over from the range rover sport then? 
    Hard to tell - the new Sport looks a lot like the Ewok.
    just had a quick look online it is much of a muchness really. 
    I meant that the range rover sports tend to be driven by wideboys in my experience.
     Just wondered if the evoque has taken on that mantle?
     I automatically assumed that the evoque was a wagmobile due to the posh spice association. And surely she's the alpha wag
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    I think the serious WAGabees will have moved on to Macans by now (incidentally also a much, much better car).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12373
    All the yummy mummies round here drive Audi 4x4s. A requirement to own one seems to be an inability to drive without sunglasses and not being able to use parking spaces less than 20 metres long. 
  • I may have spent the last ten minutes speccing my range rover...... £191k at the moment.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited September 2016
    DrJazzTap said:
    I may have spent the last ten minutes speccing my range rover...... £191k at the moment.
    I don't think many people pay cash for them- it is usually a deposit + monthly rental + balloon payment type of affair.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited September 2016
    octatonic said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    I may have spent the last ten minutes speccing my range rover...... £191k at the moment.
    I don't think many people pay cash for them- it is usually a deposit + monthly rental + balloon payment type of affair.
    Oh yeah, this is just me bored shitless in work. "£15k for paint, why not?"

:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Sporky said:
    Snap said:

Yep. I think they're ugly, but good ugly. Not (fer example) Ssangyong ugly. Though the convertible troubles me. It's much bigger than it looks, and when you notice that it looks really weird.

Snap said:

I dunno.  I quite like the Panda 4x4, and I loved my Yetis.
    aye, its all down to personal taste, no ritgh or wrong, of course! A Yeti plowed into my car outside our house on Monday night. It made a terrible mess of mine, I am awaiting to hear the engineer;s verdict.........gulp
    I imagine that'd put you off them a bit. Ooof.

I think, though, that we can all agree that the BMW X6 and the Merc GLE coupe are criminally ugly.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12373
    Sporky said:

I think, though, that we can all agree that the BMW X6 and the Merc GLE coupe are criminally ugly.
    Absolutely.  They look like Tonka toys. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    boogieman said:
    Sporky said:

Conversely, I'll say the new Merc C Class Coupe is one of the sexiest things since Freddie Michalak...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Sporky said:
    All she did was have some say in the interior finishes and colours.

Let's not be daft about this.

It was JLR themselves who made it so ugly, thirsty and expensive.
    Thirsty?

THey're v v economical!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• You haven't seen shitty driving until you've been tailgated at 85+ by a Nissan Armada driven by a 5'2 arabic girl paying more attention to her whatsapp conversation than her driving...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Gassage said:
    boogieman said:
    Sporky said:

Conversely, I'll say the new Merc C Class Coupe is one of the sexiest things since Freddie Michalak...

100% agree (not about Freddie doodah, dunno who he is!), it's a properly good-looking car, the interior also looks great and it's all the car you need for British roads and British traffic - it is the car I want most for almost any amount money and I could have just about stretched to it, but having a bloody baby meant that I bought a Passat with a hefty great boot instead!

Gassage said:

Thirsty?

THey're v v economical!
    The official figures are good, but the real world figures are appalling. Have a look on Fuelly - the diesels average about 35mpg. My Yeti - about the same size, about as quick - averaged 45mpg.