Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are Range Rover Evoques the motor of choice for wankers?

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Meh, some are twats 

I find white van drivers much worse personally 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    The moment I realised the noted automotive engineering genius and aerodynamicist Posh Spice had been involved with the design I knew it would end badly.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9635
    edited September 2016
    I walked out of Tesco a couple of weeks ago to find a pristine white Range Rover with some wanky plate that said something like KEIIRA (see If I was called Keira, I'd only be satisfied with KEIRA) parked half ON THE PAVEMENT outside the door and half ON THE ZEBRA CROSSING that leads from the shop entrance to the "pavement" between the parking aisles.

What kind of person thinks that all the acres of parking spaces available are for other people, none are suitable for her, and that she thinks the danger to all the shop's other customers of blocking a pavement and a zebra crossing comes second to her convenience. That's some sense of fucking entitlement.

Kicking myself that I'd left my phone at home, because that stunning display of arrogance and laziness would be all over the internet, confirmation bias or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    It is one munter of a car... ugly as feck.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I test drove one just to see what they were like.
    Terrible car- it is like driving a steamliner.
  • The wife wants one. What does this mean?
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    the_twin said:
    The wife wants one. What does this mean?
    She's going to turn into a cunt.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    Interesting. I had always assumed that they were aiming the Evoque at drug dealers. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The profession of drug dealer and the type of knob I described who drive Evoques are not mutually exclusive.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited September 2016
    Gassage said:
    The moment I realised the noted automotive engineering genius and aerodynamicist Posh Spice had been involved with the design I knew it would end badly.

That must be why it looks like a Zafira that Mr Magoo has reversed under an articulated lorry trailer. 

There's only one car uglier and less tasteful than an Evoque, and that's the Evoque cabriolet. 

Also one of hers? 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28289
    All she did was have some say in the interior finishes and colours.

Let's not be daft about this.

It was JLR themselves who made it so ugly, thirsty and expensive.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • the_twin said:
    The wife wants one. What does this mean?
    You probably need to get her one as part of the divorce settlement....
  • Gassage said:
    Fact: Adrian Newey co-wrote half the tracks on Spiceworld.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @roland you dont spend much time around Radford do you. They treat the limit as a minimum near me 
  • BodBod Frets: 1311
    relic245 said:

This is the way to frustration, frustration and anxiety. Easier to let it go, there are many dicks on the road, you were unfortunate that you came across a couple in a short space of time. 

This.  I've battled for many years with anxiety and depression and often it's been fuelled by getting wound up over shit that doesn't matter.  I've grown to just laugh at bad drivers and their ridiculous behaviours (arm waving is one of my favourites - especially when you imagine them doing it to the tune of Entry Of The Gladiators) and move on.  Wisdom awarded.
  • No. The King of knob head motorists will always be BMW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245 said:

Have a google on the term confirmation bias. If you were to come to the conclusion that all people are sub human then when you spot someone in one of these who drives in a less than perfect way it will 'prove' to you that you are right. However you will simply not notice all of the drivers of these cars who carry on in a respectful and perfectly normal manner.  Thus the belief deepens.

But in this instance he may have just drawn an incorrect conclusion based on a limited sample of data for that particular vehicle.  Perhaps in this instance these drivers were idiots. To say this is confirmation bias you would really need prove that he had already come to the conclusion that the drivers of these cars were all idiots prior to 'the last few days'.  It could turn into confirmation bias, but it could just be that having never noticed Range Rover Evoque's before the OP was just unlucky enough to come into contact with several bad drivers in a short space of time and drew a early conclusion without enough data.  Somebody may let him out of a junction in an Evoque tomorrow and he may notice that gesture come to a different conclusion.  Without knowing what he discounts we can't be sure confirmation bias has been comitted.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Nah, the true wheels of choice for the ultimate fur-lined ocean-going cunthead who should have been a handjob is, and always will be, the BMW 3 Series.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Guns don't kill people, audi's do
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    edited September 2016
    I was following an Evoque home last night - it was 9pm, it had no lights on...and was doing 40 in a 20...

Once we were out on unlighted roads I thought the cock driving would then realise his/her lights were off - no...

So I sped up, and started flashing them (main beam and turning my lights off etc behind) - thought I wanted a race and floored it....I was in the Merc so best of british in getting away from me old chap....

Finally came to a junction with traffic where they had to stop, took great pleasure in getting out, knocking on his window and telling what a complete tool he was and needed to put his lights on.

Should have left him go really and not get involved, but its just really dangerous for other users, could have caused a serious accident, especially in the 20 zone...

BELL

END