Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Line 6 Spider V

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

What is the DT50 like?  Or is that one of the ones you are talking about @ICBM ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    impmann said:

Spider Valve II is ok
    That's good to know. I'll have a look at the one in the shop, I can't remember which it is - I think it's a II but I'm not 100% sure.

What is the DT50 like?  Or is that one of the ones you are talking about @ICBM ;
    I worked on one recently - the fault was trivial but tricky to find, and caused by excessive and unnecessary complication…

It also sounded *dreadful*. But I think it was working right (after being fixed).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I had. DT25 and it was a lovely sounding amp, miss it :(
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Dt50 has switchable topology to bring in different modes of operation - and they don't, imho, sound as good as the Dt25. They also were never very reliable...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16302
    IIRC the DT50s were the ones that got sold off cheap going for much less than a DT25 in the end? Probably not the most positive indicator. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Sounds much better in this video than the original promo.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Yeah if you put Helix in the title of that demo most people wouldn't bat an eyelid
    chatting to Paul he is mightily impressed with it
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited October 2016

This sounds much better and is pretty good ... anyone know which model it is?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:

This sounds much better and is pretty good ... anyone know which model it is?
    I'm not sure, looks fairly small so possibly the 60.  But it is recorded USB so all models should sound the same. But based on it not being a 2x12 and having a looper it can only be 60 or 120.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It's the v60
    That sounds really very good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Glenn Fricker doesn't like it.....

In amongst the ranting he does make a couple of good points about the USB connection to a computer, not being able to use it for recording as well as editing it at the same time - that does seem a bit stupid. I'm not particularly interested in what he says about the sounds, because the ones he's showing there seem almost purposely chosen to make it sound bad.

Of this year's new amps I'm probably most interested in this one because of the full-range speaker system - being able to use it for acoustic and hybrid sounds is something that I really like the idea of, and it sounds great in the video menamestom posted above. It may not be the best amp for a bedroom metal player though.

• It might be shit, but all he really showed was that the terrible presets which we all knew would sound rubbish, sounded rubbish. 

Sounded okay in the first clip.  Trouble is an amp that does everything might do some things really good, but if it is only reviewed against one criteria (in his case high gain presets), it's bound to sound shit.

I almost think presets should be removed and amps should be sent out as blank canvases, so people can't just pick a bad sound and base opinion on that.

• I'm not remotely interested in metal presets, but the clean/crunch options and easy FX tweaking interest me greatly. I definitely want to see if I can get one to demo in the UAE...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    GAK have 20 per cent off Line 6 Spider V 30 and 60 for 24 hours - enter code L6V201 at checkout.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Cabicular said:
    Yeah if you put Helix in the title of that demo most people wouldn't bat an eyelid
    chatting to Paul he is paid to say he is mightily impressed with it
    Fixed that for you
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom