Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Breakfast

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited October 2016 in Off Topic

What typically do you have ? do you bother? A lot of folks don't (don't ya get hungry?) If I don't eat within a few hours of getting up my stomach protests greatly.

Said to be the most important meal of the day....I never miss brekky! Always a cereal man - porridge with a bit of granola thrown in and a scoop of protein powder (I weight train so it bumps my protein intake up). Sometimes i'll do Weetabix - 5 of 'em in a bowl with milk and honey/sweetener...don't use sugar these days. 2 Weetabix ? who can be satisfied off that? Same with shredded wheat...ya need 4 at least..expecially since they've shrunk in the last couple of years.

cooked brekky ? bacon, eggs, sausage, beans n toast ? Occasionally - usually when on hols and some other buggers cooking it for us.

What do have or do you even bother ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I never missed breakfast... till about a year ago.  And the world didn't end when I stopped having it.
    Either: 
    museli and bran
    omelette
    or fruit, lots of fruit.

Now, fresh coffee and cream

• WezVWezV Frets: 16694
    Most days of the week- toast.

sundays- fried leftovers from what I cooked Saturday night.  Quite often bubble and squeak but this mornings was a pig hash made with left over pulled pork, chorizo and sausage.  Fried with leftover potatoes, doused with chilli sauce and topped with a fried egg
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I never eat breakfast. I need the calorific headroom.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27070
    I'm coeliac so most cereal is out, so I'm on 2 scrambled eggs with eggs or fish most days.  Gluten free cereal on days I fancy a change. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Drew_TNBD said:

Does this mean you're fat ? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Porridge with a sprinkling of sugar, cinnamon or some honey and brown toast with peanut butter most days. Given the internal mess that is my stomach I need to line it with prescribed meds as well as start off with a decent meal. As a treat I pop into the local cafe for a full greasy fry up.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I'd like to ditch breakfast, I really don't need it and it's extra calories. I go running at 7.00am - 7.30, gym 7.30 - 8.00 then swim 8.00 - 8.30. Despite all that I'm never actually hungry, I just like eating.

Brekkie is porridge or marmalade sandwiches Mon, Tue, Thu. Bacon sarnie Wed, Fried eggs and sausages Fri, Cheese on toast Sat and freid eggs plus toast Sun. Hmmnnn ... now I've written it down it doesn't sound that healthy!

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited October 2016
    axisus said:
    I'd like to ditch breakfast, I really don't need it and it's extra calories. I go running at 7.00am - 7.30, gym 7.30 - 8.00 then swim 8.00 - 8.30. Despite all that I'm never actually hungry, I just like eating.

Maybe if you tried to ditch it you'd find that your stomach would (like mine) protest strongly. Your body might not feel hungry at the time you've done your fitness routine and come to eat but if you stopped maybe an hour or two after the usually expected meal time you'd find you do actually 'need' it. Hunger is usually just a symptom of low blood sugar and if your body is routinely expecting it at a certain time that time might need to elapse before hunger kicks in proper.

Of course none of us really 'need' it....we can skip a meal or 2 no problem and we wont die lol..but maybe skip more than that and we'll start to feel weaker and drained.

On an odd sidenote - I've been watching lots of Marooned with Ed Stafford on Discovery and Naked And Afraid also - and these guys can go days without anything or very very little. Now that is survival and will power for ya. Not like them 'celebs' on I'm a Celebrity complaining with having to live off their rice n beans after a failed bushtucker trial lol.

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    I'm usually Hank Marvin when I wake up so I can't skip breakfast. Used to love cereals when I was younger but became lactose intolerant so it's been toast and coffee since.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    axisus said:
    Brekkie is porridge or marmalade sandwiches Mon, Tue, Thu. Bacon sarnie Wed, Fried eggs and sausages Fri, Cheese on toast Sat and freid eggs plus toast Sun. Hmmnnn ... now I've written it down it doesn't sound that healthy!

I can't imagine living a life that regimented.

I tend to have coffee and a pastry of some kind when at work. Sometimes bacon/eggs/sausage in some combination, sometimes cereal, whatever I fancy at the time.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited October 2016
    Mug of tea & toast or a couple of buttered crumpets at the weekend, just a big mug of tea mid-week

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited October 2016
    Bacon and scrambled eggs if I'm at home.

For work I'll pack mixed berries and Greek yoghurt with chia seeds sprinkled on. I pack it the night before cos I wake up late and am usually not hungry till about 10
    All practice and no theory
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    A banana and a crunchie bar on week days. Cereal (summer) or porridge + honey (winter). Cafetiere coffee with both. 
  • Up at 06:45 but I don't have anything until 10-ish, and that would be Greek yoghurt. If I am too busy to have it, no probs. I am often hungry when I awake but it goes away with careful administration of tea. Mmm, tea.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Well this morning I had two slices of red velvet cake and about a pint of coke.  I'll be frank, it's not my usual Sunday morning feed but here we are.  

I have got sooo much food left after last night's party that I maybe eating pizza and fried chicken for the foreseeable future.

This thread is making me hungry.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    It varies, depending on what I'm doing...

Weekdays I usually have a slice of toast or a power bar thingy. If I go to work early the canteen do a self assembly bacon sandwich for £1.50 or sausage for £2.00. 

If I'm working away I'll have the hotel cold selection, usually fruit and yoghurt with a healthy fry up (oxymoron) of beans, tomato, mushroom, scrambled egg and either bacon or hash brown. If there;s a veggy option I have that or sometimes salmon and scrambled egg. I often skip dinner when working away so a big brekkie is a good idea. 

weekend I have toast with tomato or scrambled egg or sometimes a fried egg in olive oil. I sometimes have that ranchos heuvos Spanish tortilla thing with avocado. 
  • WezV said:
    Most days of the week- toast.

sundays- fried leftovers from what I cooked Saturday night.  Quite often bubble and squeak but this mornings was a pig hash made with left over pulled pork, chorizo and sausage.  Fried with leftover potatoes, doused with chilli sauce and topped with a fried egg
    That pig hash sounds blummen fantastic!

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    siraxeman said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Does this mean you're fat ? ;-)
    No, it means most of my calories are in the form of alcohol.

And yes I'm ... well.. starting to fatten up.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Mug of tea, glass of V8 juice, and a hay-fever tablet.  I don't enjoy food in the morning, but I'm ready to eat by lunch-time.

Plus I'm a lazy bastard.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    I like to trigger Article 50 every morning: