Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Breakfast

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16695
    WezV said:
    Most days of the week- toast.

sundays- fried leftovers from what I cooked Saturday night.  Quite often bubble and squeak but this mornings was a pig hash made with left over pulled pork, chorizo and sausage.  Fried with leftover potatoes, doused with chilli sauce and topped with a fried egg
    That pig hash sounds blummen fantastic!
    Would have been even better with some black pudding crumbled in, but I did t want to go to the shop
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Coffee, tea, Berocca, and then either a small bowl of cereal or a slice of toast.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Either toast, bagel or a croissant if I'm in the mood for something bread-based, otherwise porridge with a banana or muesli. I used to love fry ups when I was working full time, but they make me feel bloated nowadays.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Nope. Unless it's willingly provided by someone else, or part of an all inclusive package. Paid for it, will eat it etc. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Nothing.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    axisus said:
    Brekkie is porridge or marmalade sandwiches Mon, Tue, Thu. Bacon sarnie Wed, Fried eggs and sausages Fri, Cheese on toast Sat and freid eggs plus toast Sun. Hmmnnn ... now I've written it down it doesn't sound that healthy!

I can't imagine living a life that regimented.

Yeah, it's pretty weird for me. I'm not that regimented in life really
  • Some toast and a cup of tea.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2805
    Best meal of the day.

Coffee, poached eggs.  Sometimes with hollandaise, sometimes with lime and chill sauce - depending on my mood.  Then ready to rock.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    Cereal (usually granola) plus fruit, and a cup of tea or coffee.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2016
    Here is my recipe for Quick-Cook -  MICROWAVE -  Full English:

No Bacon in fridge? No worries - if you have some ham slices they will Mwave to crispy bacon if you give them 30 secs +. So wang some in  a covered Mwave container for your preferred level of browning, then add some Tin Toms or fresh toms and Baked Beans. Put some toast under grill/toaster, kettle on, and if you have a little Mwave egg cooker (99p in Wilko) you can do eggs in MW as well! Pierce egg yolk with a sharp tip to prevent explosion and give it  - LITERALLY -  23 secs full power.

Season and or garnish(!) with Worcester Sauce or Brown Sauce and SnP

Result is Eggs, Bacon, Toms, B Beans. Toast and Tea in under 3 mins and NOT FAT and NO washing up!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

If I'm running late (usually most days) I swing by Greggs and get a bacon and sausage sandwich and a coffee for £2.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2016
    Plenty of coffee, two fried eggs and maybe a zero calorie yogurt (Because that is all the bloody local minimart sell FFS!) Also used to stop at the garage to fuel up the Transit and buy a load of nuts and those healthy bar things and a Dr Pepper or Vimto, except these days it's a hot sausage roll.

That does through hedge cutting or slab laying etc all day until 7 or 8pm where upon I head down the pub, sometimes getting a quick microwave curry down first and maybe a cheese sandwich at 1am odd after I've staggered home after drinking up my calorie deficit.

I'm also starving when I wake up but two eggs does it for a hour or so.  Also as soon as something hits your stomach it makes you want to shit.  I don't understand these people who carry their shit around with them all day.  I couldn't do my physically demanding work like that.  Nor could I eat bread or toast in the mornings.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Granary toast with Peanut butter (Carbs, Protein and Fats) and Coffee  :)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    During the week, I leave home at 0600, so don't bother. If I am WFH, or on weekends, I might have a bowl of cereal of a couple of crumpets.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16695
    I don't know how people cope without any breakfast.

when I was commuting a  lot I used to make a batch of high energy flapjack type stuff so I could have a munch on the train
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Weekdays tends to be porridge made with water, add some chopped fruit and runny honey. For good measure some crushed linseed or plain yogurt if I fancy it. Often a half a grapefruit before that If I have the time.
    Weekends are more likely to be two eggs scrambled with fresh spinnach choppped into it, all on toast with sliced tomato. Once in a blue moon a nasty horrid bacon butty, thats not very common these days though.

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I alternate two soft boiled eggs & soldiers with a bacon & egg breakfast every day.
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    Mug of coffee and a roll up or two, that's my usual breakfast unless i'm staying at a hotel in which case i go for the full English fry up.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I did this for another site a while back:

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8625/28296512671_24a1c5d77f_z.jpg

I have this basically every weekday to keep my carb intake stable.

85g of whole grain bread
    10g Nutella (gotta have something I can face eating first thing)

The wholemeal bread varies, or I'd get *really* bored of it. This was Hofpfisterei's Öko-Dinkel-Grünkern-Vollkorn Dinkel-Vollkornbrot (organic spelt whole grain loaf with green spelt).

Datasheet here, in German: http://www.hofpfisterei.de/dl/PI-0115-FIL-01_Pfister-Oeko-Dinkel-Gruenkern-Vollkorn_Hofpfisterei.pdf

Then a coffee in work, latte macchiato with Alfedo Espresso:

https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5574/30221157706_6f3b881f0c_k.jpg ;

• Frosties.

Theeeeeeeeeey're........ok, I guess.

Used to be Special K, but I put so much sugar on them I gave up and cut out the middle man.   
    Weekends....tends to be toast, depends what time I get in.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom